Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Pacquaio's superstar status transfer to Algeri if he defeats pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, Algieri is a pretty good boxer but I'm not expecting him to last long if by some miracle he beats Pacquiao.

Comment

No, even if Chris was to beat manny he will not become a super star, he just doesn't have what it takes to make people like him besides dumb blondes and gay guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargerie View Post
        just like oscar dela hoya. Might bet my car in this that's how confident i am that chris will win
        let me ask you a question alt,

is algieri gonna start knocking out hall of famers and put on exciting fights with lots of knockdowns?

i dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
          No, even if Chris was to beat manny he will not become a super star, he just doesn't have what it takes to make people like him besides dumb blondes and gay guys.
          u so mad n jelly dawg

Comment

Exactly what I think might happen. He seems to have the charisma, the looks, he certainly can read. But all would be in vain because I just don't see him beating Manny albeit a not so primed Manny.

Comment

Algieri's looks and charms will go a ways for him but his style is such that if Pac cant catch up to him and Algieri wins a decision, it may open doors for him to make some damn good money, but when it comes down to it, lacking the ultimate excitement in the ring will lead to a moderate but not great marketing ability and career. But having been unknown before the fight against Prov to now being on the biggest stage in boxing shows he is blessed to have this happen in such a short period of time. He is a really good guy and I hope the best for him.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnunakiJesus View Post
                u so mad n jelly dawg
                yes, chris will become a mega super star. #uhappynow

Comment

Originally posted by LowBlowKO View Post
                  No. We saw it didn't help Bradley or JMM. Problem is that with Manny many of the supports are courtesy of his STYLE in the ring or his nationality. If a boxer, like Algieri, beats him it won't help make the guy a star. It'd take a warrior to beat him to make them a star.
                  The reason why it never worked for Bradley or Marquez is because, Bradley really lost the fight and their was an outcry, and JMM was never Mexicos favorite, he was always insulted and called a safe fighter who didn't fight like a true mexican warrior, and live di the shadow of Barrera and Morales.

Also Chris is a handsome white American, well educated, well spoken, the type of guy that would make the white american middle class demographic tune in. I notice with a lot of white people when i talk boxing they always say its a spot of thugs, well Chris can change that and maybe those white kids will start being inspired by Chris and the female fans and hollywood would support him, all they need to do is get Chris to date famous hollywood starlet and his cash cow status will be secure after he outboxed Pacman and wins the wbo belt, also call out Floyd too he will be easier for Americans to stand behidn than Pacquiao who is a small troll looking guy who can barely speak english well.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                    What a waste of my time reading pointless crap like that. At least tell people what you think hes missing?

Comment

the difference is of course that manny is a truly rare talent, and algieri is just tall and has big nuts.

manny, in his prime, was a complete fighter. his defense lacked, but his chin made up for it. he had all time great speed and power at the lower weights.

Comment

Working...
                      X