Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bernard Hopkins intimidated? (Kovalev faceoff)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    It's either too early for me, or I haven't drank enough coffee, but can you explain the joke? I read this like five times and it must have flown over my head.
    It must have been a failed joke. OK?

Comment

Did anyone catch what Hopkins said up close to Kovalev?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        No, Hopkins looked pretty confident, he is trying to play mind games with Kovalev to intimidate him and Hopkins and Kova are pretty similar in size, I was expecting Kova to be much taller they are the same height with Kova a shade taller.
        Hopkins looks like he's right at or slightly above 175lbs already. The height is a wash. I wonder who has the reach advantage...

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Come on B-hop isn't intimidated by anyone. He ran towards this fight why would he be scared.

Just finished watching the press conference and it seemed the opposite to me Kovalev seems the passive one.
          Maybe Kovalev is beginning to realize that he's bitten off more than he can chew. The Old Man is gonna take his straight ahead a$$ to SKOOL...

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
            People still getting fooled by Kovalevs joking fun nature. That dude is mean as fuck. You can see it in his eyes, a sudden change at the end of the staredown.

Exactly what i saw. Watch right after the end of the staredown when hopkins says something to Kovalev, look into Kovalevs eyes. His eyes change in a subtle way,but in a drastic way at the same time. It's like they automatically look death thirsty in a very natural and comfortable way. The killer instinct in this guy is pure. Hopkins is not scared, but I will not be surprised if he acts scared after some time in the ring with Kovalev.
            Last edited by left hand truth; 09-03-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

It's either too early for me, or I haven't drank enough coffee, but can you explain the joke? I read this like five times and it must have flown over my head.
              There is no joke

Comment

Originally posted by left hand truth View Post
                Exactly what i saw. Watch right after the end of the staredown when hopkins says something to Kovalev, look into Kovalevs eyes. His eyes change in a subtle way,but in a drastic way at the same time. It's like they automatically look death thirsty in a very natural and comfortable way. The killer instinct in this guy is pure. Hopkins is not scared, but I will not be surprised if he acts scared after some time in the ring with Kovalev. Hopkins is barking up the wrong tree with that weak gangster wanna be act. Kovalev comes across as a decent respectable guy who simply does not like bull****. Hopkins has shown he is full of **** and not decent at all, and an idiotic ego driven bigot. Im sure Kovalev will have a death wish for Hopkins by the time they enter the ring.
                Weak wannabe gangster? Lol when has Hopkins ever portrayed himself to be a gangster?

Double standards too as Kovalev has also been disrespectful in past fights (his pelvic thrust to Cleverly, flipping off the Welsh fans, talking shlt to Sillahk while he was on the canvas, etc.

Personally, I love this kind of stuff, but don't act like Kovalev is some class act.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  There is no joke
                  Yeah but even if there was no joke, where the hell did that even come from? Such a strange reply. I was scratching my head for a minute trying to fugure that one out.

Comment

Weak wannabe gangster? Lol when has Hopkins ever portrayed himself to be a gangster?

Double standards too as Kovalev has also been disrespectful in past fights (his pelvic thrust to Cleverly, flipping off the Welsh fans, talking shlt to Sillahk while he was on the canvas, etc.

Personally, I love this kind of stuff, but don't act like Kovalev is some class act.
                    Ok, I edited that part out. He may not be full on gangster, but for sure he talks arrogant bull****, and always brings up being in jail which has absolutely nothing to do with fighting. Kovalev never talks arrogant or acts disrespectful unless he is first disrespected. Or atleast this is what I have saw. If his opponent acts too ****y before the fight or arrogant then he simply throws it back into their face. And that welsh crowd totally deserved the fck you. They were booing the guy like crazy even during the national anthem. That type of thing is tasteless and does not deserve any class act as a response. It deserves a fck you. That's what they got for being nationalistic sheep.

Comment

Kovalev looks worried.

He has this look in his face like "****, I think he knows something I don't know"

Comment

Working...
                      X