Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarver vs Jones 2 = Maidana vs Mayweather 2 ????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarver vs Jones 2 = Maidana vs Mayweather 2 ????

I know people say Jines dropping down to heavyweight is why he was KOd, I beg to differ. I just think Roy was past him prime and Tarvers style gave him trouble..

Tarver vs Jones 1, jones won a tough fight where he looked human. Then knocked out cold in the rematch..

Maidana gave Floyd all he can handle in their first fight...

Maidana hits hard and believe can he can hurt Floyd. Floyd looked weak, stationary and not as fast vs Maidana in his previous fights vs Canelo and Guerrero..

Can floyd be getting old and Maidana pull off the upset.. That chopping down punch did seem to give broner and Floyd's shoulder roll problems.. More so broner but you can tell Floyd was respecting it and watching out for it.

Garcia should be practicing heavily all camp at cutting the ring off. Making Floyd worry about defense more so than offense and take rounds that way.. Floyd's legs didnt look great..

Floyd likely will win, I just thought the comparison was interesting..

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
    I know people say Jines dropping down to heavyweight is why he was KOd, I beg to differ. I just think Roy was past him prime and Tarvers style gave him trouble..

Tarver vs Jones 1, jones won a tough fight where he looked human. Then knocked out cold in the rematch..

Maidana gave Floyd all he can handle in their first fight...

Maidana hits hard and believe can he can hurt Floyd. Floyd looked weak, stationary and not as fast vs Maidana in his previous fights vs Canelo and Guerrero..

Can floyd be getting old and Maidana pull off the upset.. That chopping down punch did seem to give broner and Floyd's shoulder roll problems.. More so broner but you can tell Floyd was respecting it and watching out for it.

Garcia should be practicing heavily all camp at cutting the ring off. Making Floyd worry about defense more so than offense and take rounds that way.. Floyd's legs didnt look great..

Floyd likely will win, I just thought the comparison was interesting..
    Very good comparison, I think you make a great point. I also agree about cutting off the ring...to which I would add, i would have Madianna fire that jab like there was no tomorrow because it gave Floyd many problems.

Comment

I think it's a great comparison bro. I thought tarver beat him the first time and came into the second fight even more prepared, obviously. Floyd rarely fights guys who attack him intelligently and for some reason gave a rematch to chino. I think chino and Garcia are more prepared than Floyd, who has fought the same for a decade.

Comment

Been saying this since the day after the first fight. I'm fully riding this train.

The comparisons are there.

Comment

I made a thead on this months ago.

We will see.

Comment

If Right before the first bell maidana says "YOU GOT ANY EXCUSES FLOYD" in perfect English I'm changing my prediction on the outcome right there.

But all jokes aside floyd is not getting old..he is old, so I can see upset happening

Comment

I also have an erie feeling that floyd will get hit with something ungodly on the 13th.

Comment

Jones/Tarver 1 scorecards: 117-111, 116-112, 114-114.

Uh huh.

Comment

Chino Maidana is the better natural fighter of the two. Mayweather is a hyped up champion. He really isn't all that great. Maidana is gonna expose him more in a couple of weeks.

Comment

This is a horrible comparison. Floyd didn't look anywhere near as bad as Roy did in Tarver 1.

Comment

Working...
                    X