No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Algieri: I'm a Purist, I Wanted The Pacquiao Fight at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Manny has been at ww since 2009...can ya'll please stop saying he is not a ww...stop it..
    You don't think he could make 140 ?

Comment

I hate the idea of catchweights full stop

But in this case, whilst there shouldn't be a catchweight, the weight would definitely benefit the bigger man....

I get the impression that the Pacman only fights at 147 for his title, and the money fights. Hes tiny for the weight

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
        If it was at 147, a lot of people would have complained..."oh PAC dragged Algieri all the way up to 147. He's picking on these 140 lb'ers.

The fact is, PAC is small, is really a 140'er, and is already giving up 4 inches in height.
        Well fight at 140 then ! he dont because he cant make it , you people believe anything while Manny refuses to fight in form young hungry WWS , why stay at WW when he dont fight them .

Algieri is JWW that has never fought at WW , he was given a gift last fight against a guy with zero defense and he has zero power .

Swallow the hype boys and girls .

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          You don't think he could make 140 ?
          Then why dont he do it , he has not been fighting WWS and still wont fight them , making a weight is one thing , making it and being strong and winning is another .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Well fight at 140 then ! he dont because he cant make it , you people believe anything while Manny refuses to fight in form young hungry WWS , why stay at WW when he dont fight them .

Algieri is JWW that has never fought at WW , he was given a gift last fight against a guy with zero defense and he has zero power .

Swallow the hype boys and girls .
            The bigger fights at Welterweight. Besides, staying at 147 would at least keep a glimmer of hope for a potential Mayweather showdown

Id have preferred the Algerie fight at 140, but the extra pounds would benefit him. I don't see why Pacquiao would want to cut weight, something he hasn't done for years, just for a WBO title at 140. I'm sure he would for Garcia though

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              The bigger fights at Welterweight. Besides, staying at 147 would at least keep a glimmer of hope for a potential Mayweather showdown

Id have preferred the Algerie fight at 140, but the extra pounds would benefit him. I don't see why Pacquiao would want to cut weight, something he hasn't done for years, just for a WBO title at 140. I'm sure he would for Garcia though
              I dont mind if he stays at WW , but fight WWs , Manny wants his cake and eat it too , like Teddy once said Mannys WW resume is made to order .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                I dont mind if he stays at WW , but fight WWs , Manny wants his cake and eat it too , like Teddy once said Mannys WW resume is made to order .
                I dont disagree with you. Mannys legacy was already set way before welterweight though

That being said, the 4th Marquez and 2nd Bradley fight were legitimate at 147, you have to at least give him that.

Comment

Here's what Freddie/Arum have wanted all along (the Mayweather talk is all BS):

With most of the GB talent in a stage of limbo, as far as promotional contracts are concerned, Oscar is reaching across the aisle to see if the company can't put some big fights together to re-secure their place as top promotional brand in the sport. In particular, one of the match-up's Oscar would like to put together is Manny Pacquiao vs. Danny Garcia.

"We're going to talk about ending the Cold War between Golden Boy and Top Rank. My objective is to make the big fights," said De La Hoya. "Golden Boy has fighters that can fight Top Rank fighters and who can make great fights. We want to make great, exciting fights that the people want to see, and that's what I want to talk to Bob about."

"You could have Danny Garcia versus Manny Pacquiao. What a fight that would be. That's what I want to talk to Bob about. Danny Garcia versus Manny Pacquiao? Come on," said De La Hoya.

"You would have the young, strong bull versus the not-so-young strong bull in Manny. Those are the types of fights and matches that I want to talk to Bob and see what we can come up with."

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/9/2/...s-on-the-table

Comment

Wait what? If Algeiri wanted the fight at 147 why the **** is it at a catch weight? Manny Pacquiao is a joke when it comes to catch weight. Pacquiao is welterweight, making the fight at 144 when the challenger was willing to go to 147lb is really inexcusable.

Comment

Wooooooooooowwwwwww this fight gets more and more crazy as it goes team pac wanting the cw from a guy who fights at 140 is beyond me its funny all the pac fans please try to make an excuse for this pac is lookin baaaaaadddddd!

Comment

Working...
                      X