Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Algieri: I'm a Purist, I Wanted The Pacquiao Fight at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorite fighters blew the fight with Algieri, Ruslan Provodnikov sp

did exactly as Roach said, he knew he had him and just looked for the KO and abandon the game plan.

I can't get Gene Tunney and Jack Dempsey out of my mind, Algieri looks like Tunney, a poster has his picture sitting in a chair, looks like him, HA !!! Too bad Pac don't look like Dempsey

its one thing to LOOK like but its another thing to mirror a fight.

Pac as always needs to be in tip top shape

Just remember when Ali over looked Spinks

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      WBO junior welterweight champion Chris Algieri (20-0, 8KOs) has been watching Manny Pacquiao for years. On November 22nd, Algieri is going to challenge Pacquiao for the WBO welterweight title in Macau, China.

When they met for the first time, and went face to face at the kickoff press conference in China, Algieri admits that he was surprised with just how small the Filipino fighter was.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      WHAT!!!! Catchweight @144 ... smdh

Comment

Algieri isn't as stupid as people like to think he is: Pacquiao's biggest asset is his outstanding speed... Pacquiao at 140 is faster than Pacquiao at 147... Algieri has a point...

Comment

The fighter who has been campaigning as a welter weight for years now is asking for a catch weight at a lower weight. The welter weight was unwilling to face the jr. welter weight at welter weight when the jr. welter weight was fully willing to fight at the higher weight... And all the Manny Pacquiao apologists have excuses and even have the nerve to imply that the jr. welter weight would have the advantage by coming up to meet the welter weight, who also happens to be a welter weight title holder, at the full weight class. I don't like catch weights at all. I didn't like the fact that Mayweather fought Canelo at a catch weight. But this is the most ridiculous use of a catch weight that I have ever heard of. Cheers to Panty P-u-s-s-y-ow
          Last edited by peplz; 09-02-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Manny Pacquiao, The Catchweight King.
            Canelo is coming for that title.

Comment

Originally posted by peplz View Post
              The fighter who has been campaigning as a welter weight for years now is asking for a catch weight at a lower weight. The welter weight was unwilling to face the jr. welter weight at welter weight when the jr. welter weight was fully willing to fight at the higher weight... And all the Manny Pacquiao apologists have excuses and even have the nerve to imply that the jr. welter weight would have the advantage by coming up to meet the welter weight, who also happens to be a welter weight title holder, at the full weight class. I don't like catch weights at all. I didn't like the fact that Mayweather fought Canelo at a catch weight. But is the most ridiculous use of a catch weight that I have ever heard of. Cheers to Panty P-u-s-s-y-ow
              Pacquiao just said: if no Mayweather fight next, he would go back down to 140...

Algieri is a mover, but he's significantly slower as compared to Manny. That is why Algieri wants a heavier Pacquiao in order to have his chances in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
                If it was at 147, a lot of people would have complained..."oh PAC dragged Algieri all the way up to 147. He's picking on these 140 lb'ers.

The fact is, PAC is small, is really a 140'er, and is already giving up 4 inches in height.
                then if he doesnt want to fight guys who weigh 147 pounds, perhaps he should vacate the 147 pound title and move down to 140

unless of course you support the idea of someone holding a 147 pound title who refuses to fight guys that actually weigh 147

(and yes, the same hold true for Cotto at 160, or anyone else at any other weight. Catchweights should be banned in title fights)

Comment

Who would of benefited from a 144 catchweight?

Chris is already a 140 fighter and 144 I'm sure Manny would make no problem..

Comment

Though Pac is a successful WW campaigner, and even at one point wins a title in LMW of which his weight not belonged to; still undeniable fact that he is just JWW fighter. His average weight during scales was far below the limit of welters and just a little bit above the welter minimum, and unable to rehydrates more than welters as other welters normally do during fight time.
                    Last edited by SceneSpectator!; 09-02-2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Manny has been at ww since 2009...can ya'll please stop saying he is not a ww...stop it..

Comment

Working...
                      X