No announcement yet.

In a fair fight with an honest referee, Gennady Golovkin would KO Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Ward is bigger, physically stronger and operates better on the inside. Golovkin will be forced to fight going backwards, all whilst eating one of the stiffest jab in the game.
    If Golovkin's power moves up with him to SMW, this scenario goes out the window. He's a very accurate and powerful counterpuncher with a great jab of his own. Ward likes vary his rhythm and attack so he jabs to the body a lot and comes in low. Golovkin's one of the best at targeting an opponent's head when he dips down. Andre will get hit often and hard in this fight. Also, what makes you think GGG can't fight well on the inside? He's beat the crap out of the guys who've traded inside with him. And yes, i know they aren't Ward.

Comment

I think Ward should be the favorite at 168. Given his inactivity and GGG's overlooked skillset, it would be possible for GGG to pull it off, but the size difference and style matchup would be in Ward's favor.

Comment

GGG can beat anyone i think, with fair referee fight become very impressive and fans enjoy the every movement of the fight.

Comment

As a Golovkin fan I see Ward just too quick/explosive on the footwork & resetting after the clinch.

If Ward has a high work rate I could see him boxing Golovkin to a decision win by constantly attacking, clinching, and turning GGG. He needs to go back on the attack almost instantaneously after a clinch is broken and distance is created.

Golovkin would find his punches on Ward making his way into the clinch or being taken out but it could be effected if whether they break on their own circumstances or the ref stops the action. Golvokin has to shoot in between Ward's combinations and keep busy in the clinches. Golovkin might be stronger than Ward in the clinch or decent at least as I've seen him work with wrestlers in clinch scenarios and using body weight to his advantage.

Comment

Working...
          X