No announcement yet.

Best Boxer's Aged 30-34 - Part II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I did not realise Rigondeaux and Golovkin were that age.
    Your avatar, at first glance I thought was a photoshopped picture of Floyd and Pac mixed up together.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Miguel Cotto has proven just as much as Andre Ward and while Rigondeaux is more gifted, but Cotto has proven more. It's very close, but Cotto has wins over fighters of Sakio Bika's level throughout his resume too.

Cotto's victory over Sergio gave him his first lineage and without it, I wouldn't have him #1.
      Cotto hasn't cleaned out a division like how Andre ward has.

Comment

I picked Golovkin because he's got great all around skills and is a very exciting fighter. He's not all defense, he's not all offense, he's not all speed with no power, he's not all power with no speed, he's not a pot shot fighter, he's not a fighter that throws a bunch of meaningless punches in order to land one good one.

Gennady's a rare fighter that's just got a great blend of everything from speed to power, from great defense to great offense that include precise combinations that target both body and head. He's someone who can put it all together very well, that's why I like him a lot and feel that he's the best fighter aged 30-34. I also think that he can top any champion in his division if given the chance.

Comment

Why is jean pascal on the list as well.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Miguel Cotto has proven just as much as Andre Ward and while Rigondeaux is more gifted, but Cotto has proven more. It's very close, but Cotto has wins over fighters of Sakio Bika's level throughout his resume too.

Cotto's victory over Sergio gave him his first lineage and without it, I wouldn't have him #1.
            Cotto has the best resume. Ward is the best fighter, but Ward will get there resume-wise if he ever decides to get back in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
              Cotto hasn't cleaned out a division like how Andre ward has.
              Andre Ward hasn't won titles in multiple divisions like Miguel Cotto has.

Comment

Best boxer - Andre Ward by a landslide

That is the problem with polls the Americans will vote for the American fighter, Brits the British and so on rather than keeping it real and voting for the best boxer which to me is quite obviously Rigondeaux.

Ward is a good well schooled fighter but I don't see what I'd class as an elite skillset. In my eyes he is a Jack of all trades master of none.

Comment

Guillermo Rigondeaux, Cotto, Ward, Lara for me though he is basic hes a very good pure boxer, the rest I can't place on a best boxers list as they're simply too unproven or as successful as they have been their boxing ability leaves a lot to be desired.
                  Personally I do not think Bradley is a very good boxer but many will argue he is a top 10 P4P based on skills

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Best boxer - Andre Ward by a landslide

That is the problem with polls the Americans will vote for the American fighter, Brits the British and so on rather than keeping it real and voting for the best boxer which to me is quite obviously Rigondeaux.

Ward is a good well schooled fighter but I don't see what I'd class as an elite skillset. In my eyes he is a Jack of all trades master of none.
                    You would be surprised. It's more likely that only African Americans and Foreigners(like me) actually picked Andre Ward or Guillermo Rigondeaux with some exceptions of posters who can keep it real, while other Americans and Caucasians pick either GGG or Kovalev, and I am not even insinuating racism, whatever it is; "it is what it is". I would preferbaly like to think it's a "Style of fighting" thing rather than picking based on color. Or they refuse to vote at all because they feel Ward is the best, but would rather not give the credit where credit is due.
                    Last edited by -Kev-; 08-20-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

the best fighters on that list are ward and rigondeaux.

i'd place rigondeaux over ward right now on the p4p list.

Comment

Working...
                      X