No announcement yet.

Best Boxer's Aged 30-34 - Part II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i'm shocked that prince andre is doing so well. i guess my rhetoric is the real deal, after all.
    He's winning even with a lot of posters who view this thread refusing to vote

"Ward is the best one there, but i'm not voting for him..i'm out of here."

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Lol dude your posts in this thread reminds me of those Youtube videos where some one uploads a "Top 25 hip hop albums"...all you see down the comments section is "How come so and so's album isn't there!?!?"

The truth is 30-34 age bracket is the most competitive one of all brackets. I listed about 20 in total in my rough draft and had to eliminate 10, which was tough, including Matthysse, R. Guerrero, Salido, etc. I said if a fighter worthy of a mention isn't on the list, just mention them.
      I would put Takashi Uchiyama on the list over Jean Pascal. Same with Lamont Peterson, Peter Quillin, Shinsuke Yamanaka, Akira Yaegashi. Those are names that can go on the list before Jean Pascal and Nonito Donaire.

Comment

This is for best Boxer, not best power puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
          I would put Takashi Uchiyama on the list over Jean Pascal. Same with Lamont Peterson, Peter Quillin, Shinsuke Yamanaka, Akira Yaegashi. Those are names that can go on the list before Jean Pascal and Nonito Donaire.
          I disagree with all 5 of your suggestions. Neither of the 5 boxers you mentioned as replacement for Pascal have better resumes than a list of Diaconu 2x(undefeated), Dawson(undefeated), Bute, and 36 hard rounds with two elites Froch and Hopkins in a losing effort. As well as being former Ring/WBC 175 champ and current #3 LHW.

Peterson's resume is a joke compared to Pascal's and Donaire's. Quillin has like two semi-meaningful wins, N'Jikam and Rosado, none compared to Dawson and Bute. Uchiyama? beat a old Solis, old Hussein. Best win is Salgado. No comment on the last two.

Neither of them have better resumes than having Darchinyan 2x, Montiel, Nishioka, Mathebula, Narvaez, Arce.

Comment

Based on skills I would say Guillermo Rigondeaux, but I voted for Andre Ward because he cleaned out his division, and one great win for Rigondeaux (Donaire) doesn't cut it for me.

You could argue that Rigondeaux hasn't been able to get any more good wins because the top guys in the division are ducking him, but even if he did beat guys like Santa Cruz and Frampton I don't think that would be enough to surpass Ward. If Rigondeaux moved up to 126 and beat an Abner Mares, a Vasyl Lomachenko, or a Nicholas Walters then I'd definitely rank him above Ward.

Idk, but to me Rigondeaux is a lot different as a pro fighter than he was as an amateur fighter. In the amateurs he would let his hands go with that machine gun flow . Maybe it's because in the amateurs he had the headgear as a safety net, whereas in the pros one punch can change the fight. Maybe it's just age.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I disagree with all 5 of your suggestions. Neither of the 5 boxers you mentioned as replacement for Pascal have better resumes than a list of Diaconu 2x(undefeated), Dawson(undefeated), Bute, and 36 hard rounds with two elites Froch and Hopkins in a losing effort. As well as being former Ring/WBC 175 champ and current #3 LHW.

Peterson's resume is a joke compared to Pascal's and Donaire's. Quillin has like two semi-meaningful wins, N'Jikam and Rosado, none compared to Dawson and Bute. Uchiyama? beat a old Solis, old Hussein. Best win is Salgado. No comment on the last two.

Neither of them have better resumes than having Darchinyan 2x, Montiel, Nishioka, Mathebula, Narvaez, Arce.
              I think Uchiyama's best wins were against his countrymen Takashi Miura and Daiki Kaneko. Not many people will know who Kaneko is but he's a very solid fighter. And the Solis win came in spectacular fashion.

I might be the only one, but I think Uchiyama beats the snot out of Mikey Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
                I think Uchiyama's best wins were against his countrymen Takashi Miura and Daiki Kaneko. Not many people will know who Kaneko is but he's a very solid fighter. And the Solis win came in spectacular fashion.

I might be the only one, but I think Uchiyama beats the snot out of Mikey Garcia.
                I agree with this. Mikey's chin is questionable and Uchiyama has that kind of power to KO fighters with bad chins. You are not the only one.

Comment

Rigo is more skilled than Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                    I agree with this. Mikey's chin is questionable and Uchiyama has that kind of power to KO fighters with bad chins. You are not the only one.
                    Mikey needs to get his a$$ in the ring so we could get that fight. There's no doubt in my mind that we'd be taking everybody's points if that fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
                      Mikey needs to get his a$$ in the ring so we could get that fight. There's no doubt in my mind that we'd be taking everybody's points if that fight happens.
                      I agree. I really don't do point bets but I wish I did for Rigo vs Donaire. But I am not a point better when it comes to boxing. But I might make a bet on Hopkins vs Kovalev because I know a lot of people on this site are picking Kovalev and I would pick Hopkins because this is nothing new to him. Uchiyama vs Garcia. I would take Uchiyama on that.

Comment

Working...
                      X