No announcement yet.

Best Boxer's Aged 30-34 - Part II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    Andre Ward hasn't won titles in multiple divisions like Miguel Cotto has.
    It's tough to win titles in multiple divisions when you start at 168. You have your neighbor 175 and that's about it. Above 175 you'll be fighting Mini Heavyweights, Heavyweights, and Giants. Cotto had 140-160(Though he's too small to actually campaign at 160) to roam freely in, because they are so close and basically from 140-154 you could run into a lot of guys your size and height. At 160 they start getting a little too big.

Comment

If we're only voting based on skills then Rigondeaux hands down.

I voted Ward simply because he has the best mixture of accomplishments and skills. Even though he's basically retired and getting his @ss kicked by Goosen we can't take away his accomplishments as the king of super middleweight.

Comment

if you had told me that cotto would somehow be the MW champion of the world after the clottey fight, i'd have called oyu a nut.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          if you had told me that cotto would somehow be the MW champion of the world after the clottey fight, i'd have called oyu a nut.
          Not only that, but also beat Sergio Martinez for it, old or not. I'd have laughed.

People said, "even Martinez at 60% could beat Cotto". Cotto proved us wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
            Why is jean pascal on the list as well.
            Lol dude your posts in this thread reminds me of those Youtube videos where some one uploads a "Top 25 hip hop albums"...all you see down the comments section is "How come so and so's album isn't there!?!?"

The truth is 30-34 age bracket is the most competitive one of all brackets. I listed about 20 in total in my rough draft and had to eliminate 10, which was tough, including Matthysse, R. Guerrero, Salido, etc. I said if a fighter worthy of a mention isn't on the list, just mention them.

Comment

How I know it was going to be some dummies to vote Golovkin? Its too funny

Comment

Rigo...............

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  Miguel Cotto has proven just as much as Andre Ward and while Rigondeaux is more gifted, but Cotto has proven more. It's very close, but Cotto has wins over fighters of Sakio Bika's level throughout his resume too.

Cotto's victory over Sergio gave him his first lineage and without it, I wouldn't have him #1.
                  I read your whole post and how you put it so eloquently of who's the best out if the choices on the poll. Then my eyes met your screen name and I chuckled. Try again sport

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Not only that, but also beat Sergio Martinez for it, old or not. I'd have laughed.

People said, "even Martinez at 60% could beat Cotto". Cotto proved us wrong.

i thought cotto had a good shot to beat martinez. the game speaks to me.

Comment

i'm shocked that prince andre is doing so well. i guess my rhetoric is the real deal, after all.

Comment

Working...
                      X