No announcement yet.

Khan Should Avoid Brook At All Costs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
    I would pick Khan to beat Brook, but Brook might be a better all-rounder. There's no way Khan would've beaten Porter the other day.
    The Khan that was under Roach imo wud have beat Brook...

This Khan right now, looks unsure, not as confident and still work in progress, ive seen some improvements, i think he still needs 1 more fight against someone top quality to hone all the stuff Hunter is teaching him.

Confidence plays a big part in a boxers success in the ring, a big win does wonders for ones mind.

Even though there is a chance Khan cud beat Brook, i still dont think it's worth the risk, given he can fight Floyd via different route.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
      I'm not really THAT interested in Khan vs Brook tbh, dunno why. But if built up and promoted properly, it would be a bigger fight than Froch - Groves imo.

I wanna see Floyd vs Khan Thurman vs Brook. Preferably on the same card, at Wembley! Floyd has said he'd like to fight in the UK one day, this is the perfect opportunity. The winners can then fight eachother.
      it should be:

brooks vs keith "One time, Baby!" thurman

khan vs alexander or guerrero

Comment

The only thing Khan does better than Brook is throw fast punches, even then Brook has pretty swift punches of his own. He would take Khan out. Thurman is a toss up, although I'm not sure Thurman has the chin or boxing ability to beat Brook - he would need to land something big. Id lean towards Brook by stoppage if Thurman's chin held up against the straight right.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          it should be:

brooks vs keith "One time, Baby!" thurman

khan vs alexander or guerrero
          Nobody is going near Thurmann mate lol

He's high risk, and low reward. Brook just won the title, Hern will not throw him in the deep end against Thurmann, too risky, i dont blame him. They have to look at the bigger picture and make as much money as they can

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            The Khan that was under Roach imo wud have beat Brook...

This Khan right now, looks unsure, not as confident and still work in progress, ive seen some improvements, i think he still needs 1 more fight against someone top quality to hone all the stuff Hunter is teaching him.

Confidence plays a big part in a boxers success in the ring, a big win does wonders for ones mind.

Even though there is a chance Khan cud beat Brook, i still dont think it's worth the risk, given he can fight Floyd via different route.
            I felt the Khan under Roach was over-confident and careless. He was too wide open and waiting to get countered.

He's being a bit more responsible now, but these skilled, bigger guys who hit hard are not good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Skorpion View Post
              The only thing Khan does better than Brook is throw fast punches, even then Brook has pretty swift punches of his own. He would take Khan out. Thurman is a toss up, although I'm not sure Thurman has the chin or boxing ability to beat Brook - he would need to land something big. Id lean towards Brook by stoppage if Thurman's chin held up against the straight right.
              Brooks chin is nothing special neither.

Thurman is a very awkward fella and his power imo is special

I dont fancy Khan and Brooks chances against him, not worth the risk

Comment

Thurman's so underrated on here, especially his boxing ability. He would outbox and outbang Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  I felt the Khan under Roach was over-confident and careless. He was too wide open and waiting to get countered.

He's being a bit more responsible now, but these skilled, bigger guys who hit hard are not good for him.
                  Under Roach his conditioning was phenomenal, he was able to absorb a lot of punishment and solider on. Brook was struggling with the likes of Carson Jones, Khan wud have destroyed him around that time, IMO

Yes he might be responsible now, thats cuz his punch resistance is way lower than it was a few years ago, he has no choice but to sort out his defense, footwork etc..

He's rebuilding and is still work in progress..changes dont happen over night, but there are clear changes in him taking place for the better of his health...but maybe not as fun to watch

Comment

I seriously think Thurman is now the most overrated fighter on this board in the sense he wins all these fantasy fights

He reminds me of the old Khan with more pop, very Mike Jones esque.

He has very fast hands, good snap but he does not have one punch power by any means. I think his power is vastly overrated.

Very erratic, a lot wasted movement and he is so predictable with his attacks. Brook would time him on the way in.

He is a fun fighter and a good talent but people are seriously barking thinking this guy is right up there at the minute. He is very green and if I was a WW out there wanting to make a name, I'd jump at him whilst he is still undeveloped.

I think Brook beats him no sweat & Khan is a better version of Thurman, better technically, faster with a bit less pop. I wouldn't completely rule out Khans chances in that fight though I'd expect 99.5% would take Thurman simply because he has power & Khans chin is poor.
                    I don't think anybody is sweating Thurman he just brings nothing to the table what so ever.

Comment

At all costs? Come on, that's extreme.

Khan could definitely win that fight. He'd probably be favored.

Comment

Working...
                      X