No announcement yet.

Porter initiated most of the clinches!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    porter stop leading with your head. stand back and fight like a man.

You do realize that Hopkins is a master at clinching and rushing with his head low, right?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      You do realize that Hopkins is a master at clinching and rushing with his head low, right?
      yes and he's a dirty cheat. he needs to stand up and box. stop moving around so much. his opponents shouldn't have to deal with that tomfoolery.

Comment

This was truelly some masterful clinching from Brook. He has people blaming the victim. That's some high level stuff.

"She's been known to be a slut. And look at that dress! She was just asking for it!"

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          You do realize when hopkins was brooks age he fought nothing like that.

Comment

Porter looked like ugly ass last night.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              That's not what I saw at all.
              That's not what I saw either. Porter charged in throwing hooks with both hands to the head and body. Brook would grab him to make the punches stop. I thought Brook won a close one but the ref didn't do his job of stopping Brook's excessive holding. I don't blame Brook for holding if the ref let him do it because it helped him win the fight. Brook was the holder, not Porter.

Comment

In the second half of the fight I noticed Porter clinching a lot more than the first half and initiating quite a lot of the clinches as he was tired yet still recklessly bulldozing in even though it seemed he wanted to fight the longer man (Brook) from distance too. In the first half I thought Brook did a great job initiating the clinches and removing his game plan.

I'm not going to watch it again but that how I recall seeing the fight at 5:45am when I had just woken up, so I couldn't be a little off as it was pretty early

Comment

Porter smothered his own work. Fell in love with his above average power. The guy has crazy stamina but needs to work on changing his style when he isnt landing anything of note

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    He fights like a billy goat, comes in flying with his head (caused himself to get cut and Brook), grabs hold and rabbit punches.

Every single fight is the same.

Watch it again

Most of those clinches are initiated by Shawn Porter or caused by his total wrecklessness

Why didn't you guys moan about the excessive clinching against Alexander? Diaz? Gomez? Thompson? etc etc
                    Was it their fault too?
                    This isn't a reply to you but I watche 3 rounds of that just now and it's sad that Porter couldn't see that the double jab up stairs and down would have done wonders if he could have closed the gap a little better he would have done much better but again I only watched 3 rounds

Comment

Working...
                    X