Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a reasonable discussion on Deontay Wilder? What are your expectations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entertaining. It's like clicking on a WSHH video with an eye catching title, you just don't know what you're gonna get but when it happens you know it was worth it.

Comment

Tall, rangy, fast hands, hits hard - how hard is anybodies guess due to the b/s non durable opposition he has fought.

Weaknesses -
      Bad balance. Horrible footwork in general.
      Way too top half heavy.
      China chin.
      No defense.
      Loads up wayyyy too much.
      Overreaches
      Headhunter
      Lack of rounds

Just a faster, more fluid David Price really. He will get creamed by any HW truly worth their salt. Sadly the division is beyond a joke so it'll likely see him overachieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
        Wilder is unproven because of the opposition he's faced.

However, he has one-punch KO power, and he's taller than Wladimir Klitschko and has much longer arms.

He going to be very, very tough to beat.

He'll likely take out Gavern in rounds one or two. I expect he'll also KO Stiverne within 3 rounds if Don King ever lets that fight happen.
        he does get a lot of leverage on his punches with those long arms and will always be a big danger but he also makes a lot of defensive mistakes like backing straight up with his hands down and we also don't know about his stamina or chin. if I was a betting man Id side with stiverne as hes the more intelligent fighter and knows how to counter mistakes which wilder makes a lot of. it also wouldn't shock me if wilder got there first and early but stiverne has the advantage imo

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Tall, rangy, fast hands, hits hard - how hard is anybodies guess due to the b/s non durable opposition he has fought.

Weaknesses -
          Bad balance. Horrible footwork in general.
          Way too top half heavy.
          China chin.
          No defense.
          Loads up wayyyy too much.
          Overreaches
          Headhunter
          Lack of rounds

Just a faster, more fluid David Price really. He will get creamed by any HW truly worth their salt. Sadly the division is beyond a joke so it'll likely see him overachieve.
          The HW divisionis currently STACKED. There has scarcely ever been a division as strong as right now.

Wider would have knocked out every former champ prior to atleast Larry Holmes and may of the champs since.

But I don't think he'd make it past Stiverne.

Comment

- Stopped as an amateur
            - Dropped by Harold Sconiers
            - Dropped by Dustin Nicholls
            - Reportedly dropped by a jab in sparring with Wladimir Klitschko
            - Sent home early from Klitschko and Haye training camps.

Definitely packing china. Proof? See below:

(Start at 0.40)

Formidable "world beater" Harold Sconiers (18 wins and 27 losses with a KO% of 23!) drops Deontay Wilder in round 2

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              - Stopped as an amateur
              - Dropped by Harold Sconiers
              - Dropped by Dustin Nicholls
              - Reportedly dropped by a jab in sparring with Wladimir Klitschko
              - Sent home early from Klitschko and Haye training camps.

Definitely packing china. Proof? See below:

(Start at 0.40)
              Definitely packing china.

But whoever he fights is not up to par, they will be going home with the shattered glass.

He'll probably pick up a belt, but he won't last. He's not good enough and never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
                I know it's hard to have a reasonable discussion around these parts, let alone for a bash and undefeated Haymon managed fighter who just can't stop winning. But, I believe he is at that point in his career where people are going to pressure him to move up the ladder and on to the next echelon of fighters.

What "elite" heavyweights does he beat?

What are his flaws and weaknesses?

What are his strengths, other than that killer power?

What do you see in his future?
                He has never defeated any fighter ranked above number 30 and he was knocked down by a bum. He is a hard punching, cherry picking hoax who will never win any version of the world heavyweight title in my opinion.

Comment

Apart from not having a chin at all, I'm guessing he has stamina issues as well. He's never been past 4 rounds.

Given the fact that Wilder can be dropped off a jab, it's good that he's always loading up & going for the KO.

I don't see him becoming a champion, or holding that belt for long if he manages to become one.

Comment

He will be champ and the haters will cry. BOMB SQUADDD

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                      The HW divisionis currently STACKED. There has scarcely ever been a division as strong as right now.

Wider would have knocked out every former champ prior to atleast Larry Holmes and may of the champs since.

But I don't think he'd make it past Stiverne.
                      The HW division is weak.

Glazkov, a so-called top contender, barely beat journeyman Rossey.

Comment

Working...
                      X