No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rod Salka Admits: I Didn't Expect To Lose Like That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
    Lol I was at Barclays and my sons mom watched it live at home and recorded it for me.
    Wouldnt doubt you jacked off to it.

Comment

Man I really hope Salka bounces back from this. Seems like such a likable guy.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
        Wouldnt doubt you jacked off to it.
        Lmao I wouldn't doubt he did either

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Man I really hope Salka bounces back from this. Seems like such a likable guy.
          I completely agree but the sad thing is it didn't seem like he had something to really bounce back too. Nothing about that fight showed me he'll be a top 10 guy ever.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Keep your head up rod. You'll be a champion soon. Nobody would have lasted 5 vs Danny Saturday
            the guy is ranked like #90 in the world and you think he'll be a champion, and SOON at that?

Comment

The only good thing that came out of this fight for Salka was getting that career high payday which will come in handy with a newborn. Hopefully he will invest it wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                I completely agree but the sad thing is it didn't seem like he had something to really bounce back too. Nothing about that fight showed me he'll be a top 10 guy ever.
                I mean bounce back in the sense that he can continue his career on the lower levels of boxing and still do okay. The occasional Shobox undercard or even an ESPN Friday Night Fight or something.

He should have never been in that position -- to be KTFO by the guy who is considered to be the best in his class, while poor Rod had SEVENTY-SIX mother**kers rated ahead of him. He was a sacrificial lamb. That was a public execution on Saturday. And some people around here keep saying "f**k it it's boxing" or "he signed the contract so it's his fault", but he HAD TO sign that contract. What were the odds of him ever getting an opportunity like that again? Never. He hit the virtual lottery. Not just the money but in his mind this would get him exposure and a decent showing would open some doors.

He's a fighter and in his mind, I believe he really thought he could win or at least give a game effort. When in reality what was going to happen all along...is what happened in round 2. Poor bastard almost got decapitated. And that's what happens when you put the supposed champion in with a guy who came in not even top 75 (lmfaooooo) at his own weight.

It was like putting a pitbull in with a poodle at a dogfight.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  Spadafora would've lasted all 10 rds. Funny thing is I'm not joking
                  Isn't he a natural JWW though? most 140lbers go 12 with Garcia, he has a 56% KO ratio. The Salka KO was just an illusion, promoters do this all the time to fool casuals, although not usually the 77th ranked guy from a division or two below.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                    Yeah but there is room I'm boxing for more than just top 10 guys, there are different levels and a need for them, and money to be made on all of them.

Comment

salka truly believed he would win. have to commend him for going in there trying to get the win rather than cover up and walk away with a paycheck.

danny is a bully and al haymon and espinoza should be investigated by the FBI.

Comment

Working...
                      X