Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin: The Lost Art Of Shifting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow great video. On a side note what the hell happened to pirog?

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Torreo View Post
      Wow great video. On a side note what the hell happened to pirog?
      i think he slipped a disc while in camp to fight GGG

Comment

Kind of off topic, but just reading a few chapters of Dempsey's Championship Boxing(mentioned in the video) you can tell that the objective of boxing was much more different that today. Seems like hurting your opponent was more important than outpointing him, Dempsey seems pretty critical of these types of fighters. Decent read thus far.

Comment

It's not a lost art at all, and is still actually very common. What is lost a little maybe is how well people use it rather than just using it as a crutch for bad footwork and balance. As has been said, a lot of guys that do it simply do so out of being off balance and missing shots, while others, as the Jacobs, GGG, vids show clearly.

I remember an article with Freddie Brown talking about Duran loving this technique and using it a lot to get better angles on his opponents, and to set up a left hand to the body a lot. Very practiced technique, and not done out of bad footwork/balance at all. Maybe it was Arcel...pretty sure it was Brown.

But saying it's only bad footwork is silly. It can be when it's used poorly, but that's the same with anything. The uppercut when used properly is brutal, but it's also very dangerous and easily countered when used poorly, at the wrong time and at the wrong distance. It needs to be done properly.
          Last edited by BennyST; 08-09-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
            lol at people downplaying the artistic and strategic aspect of this move.

as if they havent learned anything from watching the video and are rationalizing it as crude forward momentum.

lol as if they are boxing trainers and professional boxers. smdh.
            it's because it's not a lost art you ****ing senseless moron. questionable technique (depending on who's using it) has nothing to do with A lost art. too many fighters to count use that so what makes it such lost art? left hand to the body is a lost art, the bolo punch is a lost art. jab to the body is a lost art...............

Last edited by Godsfly; 08-10-2014, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
              it's because it's not a lost art you ****ing senseless moron. questionable technique has nothing to do with A lost art. left hand to the body is a lost art, the bolo punch is a lost art. jab to the body is a lost art...............

Comment

The art of shifting....or the lost art of knocking over some mailboxes and trash cans and getting a highlight reel on HBO?

Comment

Originally posted by BootyDew View Post
                  you literally replied to me 10 seconds of me writing editing and going over my post (I am not joking. 10 seconds) you're a ****ing stalker

hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
                    Sad little ignorant Halfwit.

This Dipshit is one of the dumbest posters on here right now.
                    i see you're still butt hurt from me schooling you in that other thread huh............learn your boxing history next time bro

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                      you literally replied to me 10 seconds of me writing editing and going over my post (I am not joking. 10 seconds) you're a ****ing stalker

hahahahaha
                      Hold it together.

Comment

Working...
                      X