No announcement yet.

Fight people like to pretend didn't happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
    1) Trout vs Cotto: a run-off-the-mill boxer type southpaw with no power beating the 4 division champ, best-of-his-era ATG? No way!

2) Dawson vs Hopkins II. The top 10 ATG ageless wonder losing to someone like Dawson? Can't be true.

3) Maidana vs Devon and Khan: the unstoppable little tank who "beat" Floyd Mayweather lost to these two bums? Impossible. (The Kotelnik loss is less problematic because no one actually saw it and it was in Germany so they can just say it was a robbery.)
    F.ucked up cuz if Maidana didn't lose to khan or Devon his pay day against Floyd would have been higher...

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      Sturm vs De La Hoya: "everything went wrong tonight".

Any of Maidana's losses are just considered Greek mythology.
      LOL people tend to forget how easily Alexander handled him and how he went life and death with b level sluggers for almost his whole career.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      It's a good thing Roy Jones Jr. retired after beating Tarver.
      I know right, imagine if there had been a rematch, he could have been stopped

Comment

Danny Garcia vs Rod Salka

Comment

Wladimir Klitscko vs Lamon Brewster I/Corrie Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            It's a good thing Roy Jones Jr. retired after beating Tarver.
            WTF??? Last time they fought Tarver won a UD, Before that Tarver knocked him out COLD, and the first time they fought Roy got a MD in a fight in which alot of people think he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              LOOOL This one, people act like he wasn't schooled or say it was a robbery, JMM barely won 3 rounds and Bradley showed what happens when he boxes well.

People also conveniently forget JMM V John

I'd also like to add: Lewis v Rahman/McCall

Those two brutal KO losses are barely mentioned these days but it just shows that Lewis had a pretty average chin at best
              He clearly wasn't schooled, but it clearly wasn't a robbery either. Unless you think any reasonably close but clear fight is a 'schooling'. In which case, you just need to grow up and get over your petty, school boy biases.

Not only that, but who the hell pretends it didn't happen?

That fight gets talked about a lot, because it clearly shows that Marquez, like Hopkins, has some limitations to what he can now do due to his age.

Did you see the two shots Lewis got hit with? They would have knocked out just about any other HW in history, and they haven't been forgotten since the second they happened. In fact, they are brought up a hell of a lot considering he beat both in rematches.

Lewis fought a lot of big punchers. A lot. He only went down twice in his entire career, from those two shots.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                I came in to say Dawson-Hopkins 2 but got beat to the punch. Dawson pretty much schooled B-Hop. The pieces are in place for Hopkins to unify 175 right now, but it's hard to forget that he would've never gotten past Bad Chad if Stevenson didn't remove him from the equation.
                I actually thought it was a competitive fight. Dawson clearly won, but it was competitive.

People call some fights nowadays a "schooling" that don't look like schoolings at all. Like Lomachenko vs Russell Jr, I thought it was a good, competitive fight that Lomachenko clearly won, but I see some posters saying Russell got schooled.

Boxers who got schooled in recent years were Rigo-Donaire, Mayweather-Guerrero, Hopkins-Pascal, Lara-Trout.

Comment

I pretend Martinez cotto never happened lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Project View Post
                    Yeah I don't understand about BHop-Dawson fight. Sure Bhop is ATG but I still don't understand what to say since his lost against Dawson even though he've been winning.
                    No real surprise he lost to Dawson. Dawson is vulnerable to very aggressive fighters. Hopkins may be able to win fights on skill but he hasn't been able to pull the trigger in years.
                    Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 08-07-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Two recent fights I prefer not to remember.

Kirkland vs Ishida- I mean What the hell?
                      Lemieux vs Rubio- ugh

Two of my favorite action fighters hit the skids over the same weekend. Worst boxing weekend I ever had.

Comment

Working...
                      X