Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo told his promoter "No! I want to fight Lara".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    And if it doesn't? Did Pacquiao vs Floyd happen when it truly mattered?

Boxing isn't just about the forums. You actually have to go out and also have friends. Only one of my friends is watching it. No co workers either. Are you personally going to pay for the fight?
    If Cotto wins his next fight it will surely happen.

I never order PPV at my house because the prices are ridiculous. Some friends and I go to a sports bar and pay them a measly $10 cover charge per head and drink beer and enjoy each others company. And yes, will also do the same for Floyd/Maidana 2 even though I was against the fight being made.

Comment

Marcos Maidana earned the rematch, people did indeed ask for it. He was also and by far the best option AVAILABLE (key word) for september.

Saul Alvarez was an undefeated, younger , bigger, stronger fighter when Floyd dominated him. Canelo will be a champion again and people will say that Floyd is avoiding him.

Robert Guerrero was indeed a bad fight, but hey at least he fought his mandatory.

Miguel Cotto was indeed a different fighter after the Margarito and Pacquiao beatings but to say he was not game when Floyd defeated him is just silly. Floyd fought Miguel at a weight Cotto was comfortable at, not to mention Miguel was just coming off stopping Antonio Margarito in their rematch.

Victor Ortiz might be sht nowadays but when Floyd stepped in the ring with him Victor had just beaten undefeated welterweight champion Andre Berto, Ortiz was considered a top 5 welterweight at the time of Floyd/Ortiz. I think its an ok fight for Floyd.

Shane Mosley did have that lay off but it doesnt change the fact that he was amongst the best 3 welterweights in the world, it's simple, Floyd went after the WINNER of Margarito/Mosley and Manny went after the loser.

Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd did cheat on the scales but i highly doubt the fight would of been any different had it been at the accorded catch weight.

Comment

Rios can be easily dominated by a lot of the top tier fighters. He's not that good. Just a loudmouth that always talking about "my haters".

So if Cotto fights Rubio/Lee, how does that make him a money fighter?

Marquez never went up two divisions to face Pac. Also at WW, the time difference between Mayweather and Pac was enough time to develop his body at the weight. Khan would of been a cherry pick. All Victor Ortiz did was beat Berto(Jeff Lacy effect), he did not deserve that rating but either way, there were better opponents than Ortiz.
        Cotto's next fight is a stay active fight. His money fight is in May.

Comment

This is a LarryX thread.

Just a lighter shade

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
            If Cotto wins his next fight it will surely happen.

I never order PPV at my house because the prices are ridiculous. Some friends and I go to a sports bar and pay them a measly $10 cover charge per head and drink beer and enjoy each others company. And yes, will also do the same for Floyd/Maidana 2 even though I was against the fight being made.
            Floyd Mayweather said: Pacquiao you're next! And who did we get? Exactly!

Do you remember when Jones and Hopkins were at their peak? Did we see a rematch? No!

You're getting me?

Ok I got you on the last part.

Comment

Rios can be easily dominated by a lot of the top tier fighters. He's not that good. Just a loudmouth that always talking about "my haters".

So if Cotto fights Rubio/Lee, how does that make him a money fighter?

Marquez never went up two divisions to face Pac. Also at WW, the time difference between Mayweather and Pac was enough time to develop his body at the weight. Khan would of been a cherry pick. All Victor Ortiz did was beat Berto(Jeff Lacy effect), he did not deserve that rating but either way, there were better opponents than Ortiz.
              Pac wobbled Rios whole body and had him cautious to engage, I don't think anyone can give a beating to Rios like Pac did. It was 12-0 shut out and not just outpointing him but beating him down.

Cotto you got me there if he faces Lee or Rubio after saying GGG is not a star then thats BS.

Floyd fight Marquez then or now the result will be the same. Stylistically JMM has no chance, Floyd also did not use his weight advantage agaisnt JMM in the 1st fight he outboxed him, so i dont think that mattered, result would be the same even if JMM was this PED user as people claim he is now.

Who should Floyd face now at WW besides Maidana? Maidana only got dominated by Alexander and thats because of his wanting to quit at that time and Alexanders hit hold tactics worked he had like over 100 clinches in that fight, Floyd doesn't fight like that.

Comment

"Did the public ask for Mosley? Maybe."

More like, "Did the public ask for Mosley? YES."

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                  Cotto's next fight is a stay active fight. His money fight is in May.
                  But Cotto is a PPV star though. Cotto only fights for the big money fights now.

Bull Fucking Shit!

What if Mayweather fights someone not Cotto and Canelo ends up fighting GGG, what then? You see where I'm going?

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  This is a LarryX thread.

Just a lighter shade
                  That's totally incorrect. His threads are usually praising Mayweather and degrading non black boxers. On this one, I'm degrading a Pinoy, a Black American and two Puerto Rican Americans.

Comment

Your first part on the bold is Pactard level dumb.

I do get what you're saying with his last 5 fights, Rios wasn't special and neither was Bradley 2. Those were pretty much easy to predict if you have some form of brain power. My main issue is his choosing of Algeiri.
                    Algeiri threw 993 punches vs Prov

Lara threw 386 vs Canelo

Algeiri danced while Lara ran, Footwork goes to Algeiri

Algeiri fought 11 rounds with a busted eye and was getting off first against imo the hardest hitting puncher at 140. Lara got a little cut in the 5th round against Canelo and was running for dear life, Heart goes to Algeiri

And theres no question that if JMM or Floyd said yes, this fight wouldn't be happening

Do you have evidence that proves my post is dumb or are you just gonna resort to name calling as a deflection tactic?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      "Did the public ask for Mosley? Maybe."

More like, "Did the public ask for Mosley? YES."
                      Yea let's forget how easily people forget things in boxing. The hype didn't start till it was signed. Before that, the public wasn't screaming Mosley/Mayweather. Maybe a thread here and there before that on here too. The attention was on Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X