No announcement yet.

Recent Espinoza tweet about his mismatches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
    That's as stupid as saying Stevenson vs Dawson was (supposed to be) a mismatch because it ended so early. Quillin had a somewhat competitive fight with Konecny but that's because Quillin's not very good.
    Konecny sucks. That was another mismatch lol

Quillin-Konecny = Golovkin-Adama/Ishida

What's the difference? HBO didn't buy Adama/Ishida mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
      No way what can be true?
      He must've thought that is wilders rumored next opponent, Mike Sheppard. Ranked #305 in boxrec.

High School Teacher.

LOL

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page/....html?nav=5063
      Last edited by RlCKY; 08-04-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

i don't understand how a fight between two top 5 MW's, when there was no one else available (they tried to make JCC Jr fight, he denied) (inb4 Ward. He obviously wasn't in a position to fight July 25th) is a mismatch?

It's not Golovkins fault he blew him out in 3 rounds
        A fight between two top 5 fighters, whether its GGG, Floyd or Wlad is not a mismatch, IMO
        Many people thought this fight would be a blowout and it was. GGG fans responded to what they felt was a criticism by pointing out Gaele's ranking at MW. Both points are true.

If you don't think top 5 fights are mismatches on paper-ok. A number of posters would disagree with that. Matter of fact-most people think GGG against the lineal MW champion is a mismatch.

The point is simple-if you hate mismatches-then criticize all of them, not just a select few.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Many people thought this fight would be a blowout and it was. GGG fans responded to what they felt was a criticism by pointing out Gaele's ranking at MW. Both points are true.

If you don't think top 5 fights are mismatches on paper-ok. A number of posters would disagree with that. Matter of fact-most people think GGG against the lineal MW champion is a mismatch.

The point is simple-if you hate mismatches-then criticize all of them, not just a select few.
          I agree. Personally, I criticize every mismatch

I just don't think GGG-Geale was a mismatch and I can't criticize Kovalev-Caparello because there is a legit backstory

Comment

Your missing the point , Garcia/Salsa isn't even worthy of being called a mismatch it's a complete joke. I'm beating a dead horse but fighting the 77th ranked lightweight is a joke for the lineal champ at 140, specially when another champ is fighting on the same card against a nobody and there are plenty of other top fighters in your division who are also managed by Al Haymon.

Hbo hasn't put on anything that even comes remotely close to being as bad as Garcia/Salsa.

Comment

I agree. Personally, I criticize every mismatch

I just don't think GGG-Geale was a mismatch and I can't criticize Kovalev-Caparello because there is a legit backstory
              Kovalev not getting the Adonis fight he wanted doesn't mean he has to take that fight. that is not an excuse. There are other LHW's available and we don't know that Main Events sought them out. Most likely, HBO didn't want to meet bigger names wage (besides guys overseas make far more than Kovalev) or they wouldn't go to AC.

Besides-you know the deal. Kovalev signed a 3 fight deal with HBO. HBO's history shows that when they sign a name fighter to a multi fight deal, the 1st fight is almost ALWAYS a "showcase" fight. Its no different here.

Comment

Kovalev not getting the Adonis fight he wanted doesn't mean he has to take that fight. that is not an excuse. There are other LHW's available and we don't know that Main Events sought them out. Most likely, HBO didn't want to meet bigger names wage (besides guys overseas make far more than Kovalev) or they wouldn't go to AC.

Besides-you know the deal. Kovalev signed a 3 fight deal with HBO. HBO's history shows that when they sign a name fighter to a multi fight deal, the 1st fight is almost ALWAYS a "showcase" fight. Its no different here.
                Who was he supposed to fight? Who was available/realistic option that was better then Caparello? Only one I can think of is Chilemba

I read an article by Duva when the fight was announced and she said that any possible opponent they brought up was rejected. Finally they hesitantly approved Caparello because he just fought on ESPN and was undefeated

Similar to when Provodnikov fought Bradley and Algieri, Provodnikov. And look where that got them.

If there is ANY opponent that should be okay to be approved it's a guy who just recently fought on ESPN and is undefeated (when there is a lack of opponents)

There simply wasn't anyone else

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                  Your missing the point , Garcia/Salsa isn't even worthy of being called a mismatch it's a complete joke. I'm beating a dead horse but fighting the 77th ranked lightweight is a joke for the lineal champ at 140, specially when another champ is fighting on the same card against a nobody and there are plenty of other top fighters in your division who are also managed by Al Haymon.

Hbo hasn't put on anything that even comes remotely close to being as bad as Garcia/Salsa.
                  I understand the point clearly. I agree with everything you said about the Danny fight. He should be fighting Petersen for the JWW lineal and not against salka in a 142 CW fight that isn't for the title.

HBO just had as big a mismatch Sat night-the only difference is it was for a title and Caparello is a LHW.

Comment

I understand the point clearly. I agree with everything you said about the Danny fight. He should be fighting Petersen for the JWW lineal and not against salka in a 142 CW fight that isn't for the title.

HBO just had as big a mismatch Sat night-the only difference is it was for a title and Caparello is a LHW.
                    How the hell was Caparello as bad as Salka?!?

You know that's not true! Salka isn't even a 140lber!

Comment

Who was he supposed to fight? Who was available/realistic option that was better then Caparello? Only one I can think of is Chilemba

I read an article by Duva when the fight was announced and she said that any possible opponent they brought up was rejected. Finally they hesitantly approved Caparello because he just fought on ESPN and was undefeated

Similar to when Provodnikov fought Bradley and Algieri, Provodnikov. And look where that got them.

If there is ANY opponent that should be okay to be approved it's a guy who just recently fought on ESPN and is undefeated (when there is a lack of opponents)
                      I don't know who Main Events sought out just that HBO rejected other opposition. HBO has any number of reasons why it will not approve an opponent-(see GGG Mora where HBO rejected Mora not because GGG would lose but because Mora's awkward style would most likely make for an ugly UD win for GGG and not a KO).

Come on King-you had no idea who Blake Caparello was, same as Salka. HBO likely approved because there was little danger in Kovalev losing -it is the 1st fight of his deal and a loss wouldn't be so great.

Again, the thread topic is mismatches-Kovalev Caparello was just that.

Comment

Working...
                      X