No announcement yet.

FULL VIDEO of Andre Dirrell vs. J'Leon Love sparring session

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    SMH, it's sad to see fans that know nothing about sparring or fighting take joy in this. It's sparring, you have good days, and bad days. Dirrell is bigger and stronger than Love and that was a good session for both.

That's why you spar in 16oz gloves and that's where you learn your craft and build toughness. Good sparring from both guys.
    I've seen Lot's of sparring and that was a whoopin

Comment

matix killed him. glad to see him back!

Comment

SMH, it's sad to see fans that know nothing about sparring or fighting take joy in this. It's sparring, you have good days, and bad days. Dirrell is bigger and stronger than Love and that was a good session for both.

That's why you spar in 16oz gloves and that's where you learn your craft and build toughness. Good sparring from both guys.
        Good to see someone else thinking this. If Dirrell is stronger and j'leon doesn't move enough of course he'll get torn up like he did there. I'm sure if we saw the whole sparring session, not just one round, then it would be different. Tbh I hate watching sparring at the mayweather gym. Always chanting and going crazy over little things. They're sparring partners man, they aren't going to try and kill each other!

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          I've seen Lot's of sparring and that was a whoopin
          Yeah but we all get rounds like that from time to time. Especially when the guy is heavier than you. I think he's more annoyed at how everyone goes nuts in the gym as if Andre is trying to knock him out full stop. Andre is bigger and stronger and clearly more skilled, if he wanted to I'm sure he could knock out j'leon. But he's trying to get him to work in there, put pressure on him.

But even still j'leon is a protected fighter who would get schooled by a lot of middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
            Yo, with no sparring headgear this n*gga J'leon would've got worldstarr'd FOR SURE.

GOD DAMN he got ****ed up lmfao.
            Lol I think he would get stopped by a lot of guys. Not even guys on Dirrell's level.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post

J'Leon claimed that when the 8 second video leaked a couple weeks ago that it didn't show his highlights and that he has "never gotten his ass handed to him by anybody", but as evidenced by this video - he clearly got done up by Andre.

And I think it would've been even worse if Dirrell didn't abandon his jab towards the end.

War Matrix.
              There's no competition. Andre is just miles ahead of this dude. I would love to see Andre Dirrell destroying Carl Froch. I doubt Froch will see the full 12 rounds in the rematch. Dirrell is just a beast

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Talent wise, I felt Dirrell was the best fighter at 168. The talent level is incredible.

He just lacks a little something, mentally. If he can get his mind right, he can beat anybody...just a shame that he's wasted years of his prime.
                Agreed. Talent wise he's the best fighter I've ever seen fighting and his reflexes are second to non. If he still has the same reflexes by any chance he can bounce back.

Comment

Good post, well said.

Comment

Working...
                  X