No announcement yet.

FULL VIDEO of Andre Dirrell vs. J'Leon Love sparring session

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Talent wise, I felt Dirrell was the best fighter at 168. The talent level is incredible.

He just lacks a little something, mentally. If he can get his mind right, he can beat anybody...just a shame that he's wasted years of his prime.
    I agree with this post.

Dirrell is one of the most talented fighters I've ever seen.

But he's fought like 4 (?) times in 5 years. Unfortunately I think any chance of him making any big noise is over.

I thought during the Super Six that he would beat Ward. But Ward has improved so much since then so I think it's a toss up now. Ward's inactivity kind of evens it up.

Comment

Dirrell has the mental weakness that can't be fixed. He'd do good against anyone in the early rounds, but once things get heated he'd panic and give up.

Comment

Yo, with no sparring headgear this n*gga J'leon would've got worldstarr'd FOR SURE.

GOD DAMN he got ****ed up lmfao.

Comment

The things that excite the hardcore fan...that was like sparring ****o..

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            Dirrell has the mental weakness that can't be fixed. He'd do good against anyone in the early rounds, but once things get heated he'd panic and give up.
            You obviously haven't watch any of his fights. He actually gets better and stronger during the later rounds. Froch should had lost, he got wobbled and barely hit any part of Dirrell, who kept setting him up. We all know that was a home decision.

Comment

Ward-Dirrell was the fight I was mostly looking forward to in the Super 6. Only guy I think can beat Ward, but lost respect when he pulled out of that fight. Damn shame, he knew what he signed up for when he signed the dotted line for the Super 6. SMH

Wasted talent, he has a much more tv friendly style than Ward too.

Comment

Easy work....

Comment

Result is not surprising but still fun to watch.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  SMH, it's sad to see fans that know nothing about sparring or fighting take joy in this. It's sparring, you have good days, and bad days. Dirrell is bigger and stronger than Love and that was a good session for both.

That's why you spar in 16oz gloves and that's where you learn your craft and build toughness. Good sparring from both guys.
                  They do a lot of hard sparring at the Mayweather gym, that's why it's called the dog house. They weren't working on anything in particular, they were both going hard for bragging rights. And Love is a big middleweight, he was 180 lbs on fight night against Rosado and he moved up to 168 after that.

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
                  Ward-Dirrell was the fight I was mostly looking forward to in the Super 6.
                  Yeah I was really looking forward to it.

Comment

Dirrell is an incredibly talented fighter no doubt about it.

Comment

LMFAO @ all those straight lefts Dirrell kept dropping on Love

Had this been a real fight, Love would've gotten stopped. Dirrell got world class skills but apparently never had it all mentally. Good to hear he's fighting again though; hopefully he can get back up to fighting the likes of Ward, GGG or a Froch rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X