Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Gennady Golovkin deserving of being in the top 10 P4P now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    Because who you beat is only part of what you look at, it is how you look doing it. Vlad has been beating up on tomato cans and bums for the longest time, but he deserves to be #3 becaues of how does it and how long he was doing it. If you need names in order to see how good a fighter anyone is, you have zero clue on how to actually find talent.
    So GGG gets style points from you? That is interesting. Does Deontay WIlder get those same style points?.

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
    His resume isn't that good bro, I'm not saying he deserves to be on it because of that. I'm saying he should be on it because he's one of the best 10 fighters in the world.
    I can respect your opinion. He very well may be. But who he defeated has to be part of it. am I wrong?There are other undefeated fighters who arguably have wins better than GGG who have also shown great skills-roman gonzalez, danny Garcia for example.

I'm just trying to understand what criteria/variables/factors those who have him in the top 10 used to make that determination.

Was that the only factor you used?

Comment

• Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
      Where have you been? Many people were criticizing Martinez for those wins and saying he should be dropped in the pfp lists because he was fighting domestic fighters. He wasn't pfp #3 because of his fights against Macklin and Barker.

GGG/Murray is a good fight but Murray doesn't want to be involved.
      What people were these? Anyone saying that is a fool, they aren't great fighters but they were the top of the division. He beat most of them by KO too and deserved to stay or move up because of how he won and then being top of the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        in no particular order

Manny Pacquiao
        Andre Ward
        Floyd mayweather
        Timothy Bradley
        Canelo Alvarez
        Guillermo Rigondeaux
        Juan Manuel Marquez
        Wladimir Klitschko
        Bernard Hopkins
        Shawn porter
        Respectfully, I STRONGLY disagree that shawn porter and canelo are more skilled than GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          So GGG gets style points from you? That is interesting. Does Deontay WIlder get those same style points?.
          Everyone gets style points, everyone. But please, stop bringing up Wilder his best win was against an internet troll and he didn't even look as good as GGG against actual fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            Everyone gets style points, everyone. But please, stop bringing up Wilder his best win was against an internet troll and he didn't even look as good as GGG against actual fighters.
            You know I think wilder is a bum.

Be honest, you don't know more than 5-7 fighters on GGG's resume.

I can respect your point I just very much disagree. I appreciate that you explained your reasoning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
              in no particular order

Manny Pacquiao
              Andre Ward
              Floyd mayweather
              Timothy Bradley
              Canelo Alvarez
              Guillermo Rigondeaux
              Juan Manuel Marquez
              Wladimir Klitschko
              Bernard Hopkins
              Shawn porter
              He's better than Porter. And would break Canelos face. Tim has fought better opposition but I don't think he's better than GGG.

Comment

I can respect your opinion. He very well may be. But who he defeated has to be part of it. am I wrong?There are other undefeated fighters who arguably have wins better than GGG who have also shown great skills-roman gonzalez, danny Garcia for example.

I'm just trying to understand what criteria/variables/factors those who have him in the top 10 used to make that determination.

Was that the only factor you used?
                DSG is my boy but he hasn't looked as dominant as GGG in very single fight. Fought better opposition I know but still in fights with a guy like Herrera, he arguably lost. Thats the thing man, GGG is trashing everybody. And he's not just winning decisions either. it don't hold I against boxers who go twelve all the time but I give extra credit to a guy who's knocking out all his opponents.
                Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 07-31-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• GGG appears to be a special talent but it's to early to put him on the top 10 p4p. Fighter's should be judged by their skill level, level of opposition, and how they deal with adversity. GGG skill level is apparent but he really needs to raise his level of opposition before we can judge him properly

Comment

Respectfully, I STRONGLY disagree that shawn porter and canelo are more skilled than GGG.
                    very well then. we both have our opinions. yes Triple g looks amazing with poor opposition. Lets see if he could look that good against top fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      He's better than Porter. And would break Canelos face. Tim has fought better opposition but I don't think he's better than GGG.
                      GGG has the perfect style for Canelo. It would be a war!

Comment

Working...
                      X