Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Gennady Golovkin deserving of being in the top 10 P4P now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    In my opinion GGG is the best fighter in the world pound for pound. If he were a natural welterweight he would knock Mayweather out. If he were a natural 168 pounder he would knock Ward out. His closest competition pound for pound is the great Cuban fighter, Rigo. That is just my opinion and I'm not changing my mind for those who disagree so don't waste time telling me I'm wrong. You have your opinion and I have mine.
    you want so badly for ggg to be great that you make up bs so you can sleep better at night.....lmao. p4p ggg couldn't sniff floyd, ward or rigo's jock-strap head to head.......just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that it's not wrong.
    Last edited by Xi_; 07-29-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      oh so NOW it's a weak division. this is the same excuse you haters use against wlad to discredit his ATGness and honestly it's pathetic.

feel ashamed of yourself.

hater.
      It was weak when Martinez was running it.

160 has been weak for a while. 168 and 154 has far better fighters.

Comment

Based on speculated skill, maybe. But there is no way you can grant him based on competition. At least Rigo has the Donaire win, so we can say he's proven he can face top guys. GGG doesn't even have anything close to that. Until then, he's another Bute for all we know.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          He fought at 165 in the amateurs. Hopkins started his career at 160, is he not a Light Heavyweight? Floyd walks around 150, that means he's a natural 140 pounder in pro boxing terms(kill yourself to make weight). If Floyd killed himself to make weight, he'd be JWW. Pacquiao weighs 149-150, fights at 147, he's a natural 140 pounder if he killed himself to make weight like 90% of boxers do.
          Golovkin also fought at 141 in the amateurs. He won the Junior World Championships in Hungary as a Light Welterweight.

Hopkins started at light heavyweight (or actually cruiserweight), his first fight was at 177. http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:3023

Floyd demanded a catchweight for Canelo, he was afraid to fight him at 154.

Floyd has grown into a big welterweight who couldn't even make the catchweight of 145 for Juan Manuel Marquez, let alone 140. He demanded Hatton come up to 147 instead of fighting at Ricky's weight of 140.

Ward won his medal at 178 in the amateurs, so why won't he move up to 175 to fight Kovalev?
          Last edited by The Hammer; 07-29-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
            Golovkin also fought at 141 in the amateurs. He won the Junior World Championships in Hungary as a Light Welterweight.

Hopkins started at light heavyweight (or actually cruiserweight), his first fight was at 177. http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:3023

Floyd has grown into a big welterweight who couldn't even make the catchweight of 145 for Juan Manuel Marquez, let alone 140. He demanded Hatton come up to 147 instead of fighting at his best weight of 140.

Ward won his medal at 178 in the amateurs, so why won't he move up to 175 to fight Kovalev?
            Good post!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post

Floyd has grown into a big welterweight who couldn't even make the catchweight of 145 for Juan Manuel Marquez, let alone 140. He demanded Hatton come up to 147 instead of fighting at Ricky's weight of 140.

How old was he, 10? What matters is the last weight class he fought in the amateurs, which was 165lbs.

Floyd a big welterweight? He weighs 150lbs on fight night. He makes 147 by taking a sh-t.

He didn't demand Hatton to come up to 147, Hatton said he was too big for 140 anyway. He claimed he was "massive" for 140. His own words.

Who has Kovalev beaten that is better than any of Ward's top 5 best wins? Kessler, Froch, Bika, Abraham, Rodriguez? Not Campillo the stepping stone/gatekeeper. Not Sillakh, who was KO'ed by Grachev, who was absolutely annihilated by Rodriguez. BTW I remember clearly, you had Grachev beating Bute too. Definitely not Agnew, or this next guy, Caparello. Cleverly may be equally as good as Rodriguez/Abraham, I will give credit for that, it was a very good win for Kovalev. Also I thought Sillakh was going to beat Kovalev, so I give him credit for that win, but still don't think Sillakh is better than any one of Ward's top 5 wins. I thought Sillakh would win more because I was not convinced by Kovalev. He's a good fighter, better than GGG IMO, but Ward has beatenbetter opponents than Kovalev in Froch and Kessler.

I prefer Ward vs Pascal, Golovkin(strictly to shut his fans up), or one of the Dirrell's.

Comment

I think the guy has earned it now.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  How old was he, 10? What matters is the last weight class he fought in the amateurs, which was 165lbs.

Floyd a big welterweight? He weighs 150lbs on fight night. He makes 147 by taking a sh-t.

He didn't demand Hatton to come up to 147, Hatton said he was too big for 140 anyway. He claimed he was "massive" for 140. His own words.

Who has Kovalev beaten that is better than any of Ward's top 5 best wins? Kessler, Froch, Bika, Abraham, Rodriguez? Not Campillo the stepping stone/gatekeeper. Not Sillakh, who was KO'ed by Grachev, who was absolutely annihilated by Rodriguez. BTW I remember clearly, you had Grachev beating Bute too. Definitely not Agnew, or this next guy, Caparello. Cleverly may be equally as good as Rodriguez/Abraham, I will give credit for that, it was a very good win for Kovalev. Also I thought Sillakh was going to beat Kovalev, so I give him credit for that win, but still don't think Sillakh is better than any one of Ward's top 5 wins. I thought Sillakh would win more because I was not convinced by Kovalev. He's a good fighter, better than GGG IMO, but Ward has beatenbetter opponents than Kovalev in Froch and Kessler.

I prefer Ward vs Pascal, Golovkin(strictly to shut his fans up), or one of the Dirrell's.
                  So you're saying because Kovalev doesn't have any wins as good as Wards wins, he doesn't deserve to fight Ward. Yet Golovkin, does deserve Ward, and should move up to fight him otherwise he's overhyped

Golovkin, who has unfinished business at 160 should move up, but Ward who nearly cleaned out his division, doesnt have to for Kovalev. But he should for non-titlist Pascal. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                    So you're saying because Kovalev doesn't have any wins as good as Wards wins, he doesn't deserve to fight Ward. Yet Golovkin, does deserve Ward, and should move up to fight him otherwise he's overhyped

Golovkin, who has unfinished business at 160 should move up, but Ward who nearly cleaned out his division, doesnt have to for Kovalev. But he should for non-titlist Pascal. Am I missing something?
                    I made it pretty clear in parenthesis "Strictly to shut his fans up".

Golovkin IS overhyped, his resume DOES suck, but his fans are ANNOYING and I want GGG to go up to 168 to fight Andre Ward, so Andre can clean the forums off of these pests. Do a bit of exterminating of posters like you and the rest of your friends.

Kovalev's wins over Cleverly, Sillakh, and Campillo are better than GGG's wins.

And yes, fighters should have some equal wins to earn the hype of the fight. Mayweather vs Canelo was so hyped because Canelo had beaten Trout, who was better than any one Mayweather had fought recently and even beat Cotto, who was Floyd's best recent win. Trout>Guerrero, Beat Cotto, Ortiz. Canelo had one up'ed Mayweather on best recent wins with that Trout win. Mayweather vs Pacquiao is so hyped because from 2009-2012 they pretty much got equal wins.

So yeah, I think two "rivals" and two fighters people are hyping up to fight, should have equally good wins, or the more overhyped fighter should have BETTER wins. In this case, Ward is being treated like the guy with no good wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post

Tunney, what does Floyd's fights with Canelo and Hatton have to do with Golovkin's resume and if it's top 10 p4p worthy?

Comment

Working...
                      X