No announcement yet.

Golovkin admits he wants NO PART of Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    HBO paid Edwin Rodriguez a million to fight ward. Golovkin got paid 700k to fight Geale. Ward would give Golovkin a career high payday.
    Short term money gain, for what most likely be a loss for ggg..

Ward brings nowhere near the paycheck that canelo or cotto bring, or even froch or Chavez jr..
    Hell even quillen vs ggg in NYC would probably bring more money than a ward fight or close to it..

Comment

What do you do when no one in your division is willing to fight you? you move up to fight the fighters that are willing.

But since this is GGG he gets a pass. it's ok guys.

andre ward, no one wants to fight you either.

Everyone: "THEN MOVE UP ANDRE OMFG WHAT ARE YOU DOING???"

Comment

Lmao wtf op I clicked on your profile by accident. There sure is a lot of racist messages left on your page wow

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
          What do you do when no one in your division is willing to fight you? you move up to fight the fighters that are willing.

But since this is GGG he gets a pass. it's ok guys.

andre ward, no one wants to fight you either.

Everyone: "THEN MOVE UP ANDRE OMFG WHAT ARE YOU DOING???"
          Geale was willing to fight Golovkin yesterday, and Soliman, a champion, might be willing to fight Golovkin in October (if reports are to be believed).

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Because the lawsuit. He's not ducking Ward at this very second or anything, but there sure are a lot of preemptive excuses flying around from from his fans and team for when Ward does comes back.

$3 million HBO license fee plus $1 million gate.
            Remind me, was the lawsuit still ongoing when they tossed 1m Rodriguez' way? Either way, not sure what GGG is supposed to do while this lawsuit unfolds, sit out?

The promoter wants some of that gate money, highly doubt a 3m llicense fee would do. Wasn't that HBO's license fee for the Rodriguez tuneup?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              If ward brought a huge career high payday, then yeah it would be ducking.. But since ward brings nothing to the table to match the risk, and they aren't even in the same division, it's kinda hard to call it a blatant duck...
              The quickest way to a big payday is beating fighters like Ward. But is also a fight he could lose. I wouldn't call it a duck because Ward is in a different weight division, but I don't agree with your reason.

Comment

It doesn't surprise me that you follow DontaesNation, it's no surprise as he's considered one of the most racist youtube boxing personalities out there.

Comment

lol the hate for GGG is growing stronger by the day
                  He must be doing something right

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
                    Informative video. Does that make him a ducking coward like other fighters who are quick to be called that?

One fights at 160, the other at 168.

If ward brought a huge career high payday, then yeah it would be ducking.. But since ward brings nothing to the table to match the risk, and they aren't even in the same division, it's kinda hard to call it a blatant duck...

This isn't like when Floyd and manny were in the same weight class, and was going to bring historically high purses for each guy.. That's a duck, when it's fights like that not getting made,,
                    Even if he did, it wouldn't. Both fight in separate divisions.

Comment

Short term money gain, for what most likely be a loss for ggg..
                      Well yeah, I agree. It's just this charade that Ward doesn't bring any money and that's why Golovkin doesn't need to fight him is what's bothering me. Most people refuse the acknowledge the risk part in order to keep the fearless Golovkin facade in tact. And because I'm an annoying contrarian, I must present the other side of the argument.

Ward brings nowhere near the paycheck that canelo or cotto bring, or even froch or Chavez jr..
                      Hell even quillen vs ggg in NYC would probably bring more money than a ward fight or close to it..
                      You're listing a bunch of imaginary fights. Golovkin will be fighting the likes of Solimon and maybe Murray if he's lucky.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Remind me, was the lawsuit still ongoing when they tossed 1m Rodriguez' way?
                      Why should Ward have been sending contracts to random 160 pounders last year? That's a big o cherry pick. Only legit reason to be interested in smaller guys is if there's money or fame in it. Golovkin only cemented his status after getting high ratings against Stevens. And now with Golovkin at maximum hype and surpassing Hagler as the time great middleweight, it's actually a viable fight where Ward shouldn't look bad calling for. Heck, I used to think it would be a pointless mismatch, but now my interest in it has dramatically increased.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      RemindEither way, not sure what GGG is supposed to do while this lawsuit unfolds, sit out?
                      Didn't claim he had to sit out. Keep doing what he's doing.
                      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 07-28-2014, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X