Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin Busted Up Groves Ribs In Sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    So they brought in Groves to emulate the movement of Geale?
    That's what I was thinking. Groves is in Big Bear. Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I thought he showed terrible defense vs Adama and Stevens. When Stevens decided to punch, he landed. He also showed very poor defense vs Gardner and Ouma.

If I was a Golovkin fan, defense would be the last thing I would hype up. You should just keep hyping up his power.
      Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions around here.

Genady actually has a great defence once he decides to use it. You can watch a few of his amateur fights. Now as nobody really troubled him with the power he goes into all offence mode.

On top of that, the stats say the percentage with which his opponents connect on him is quite low.
      I wouldn't hype up any stats based on what his 'opponents' landed on him either, considering the 'opponents' he's faced so far.

Either way, he's a good offensive fighter, not a good defensive fighter. You'll always get those fans that somehow manage to see a defensive, counter punching expert that rivals Floyd Mayweather in him though.

Defensive, counter punching expert that baits opponents into punching him square in the face, while he waits for more counter punches to land on him before crushing them with GGG might.

Comment

I am not saying GGG is Floyd, but to say that he gets hit whenever the other guy chooses to hit him is just not true.

Everybody focus on those few shots he was hit in Stevens fight, but actually Stevens was swinging and missing much more often than not.

You don't go 300+ amateur fights (winning >95%) with a poor defence.

but we will see, maybe even tonight..

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I thought he showed terrible defense vs Adama and Stevens. When Stevens decided to punch, he landed. He also showed very poor defense vs Gardner and Ouma.

If I was a Golovkin fan, defense would be the last thing I would hype up. You should just keep hyping up his power.
          His defense is OK, not great but not awful. Let's not act like Stevens landed everything he threw :

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            That's what I was thinking. Groves is in Big Bear. Hmm
            Right, it's not like big Bear is a jump, skip and hop from Groves' neck of the woods.

Comment

I am not saying GGG is Floyd, but to say that he gets hit whenever the other guy chooses to hit him is just not true.

Everybody focus on those few shots he was hit in Stevens fight, but actually Stevens was swinging and missing much more often than not.

You don't go 300+ amateur fights (winning >95%) with a poor defence.

but we will see, maybe even tonight..
              Holy **** man!!! Amazing ****ing sig pic!

Comment

I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions around here.

Genady actually has a great defence once he decides to use it. You can watch a few of his amateur fights. Now as nobody really troubled him with the power he goes into all offence mode.

On top of that, the stats say the percentage with which his opponents connect on him is quite low.
                When he decides to use it? So he "decides" to get punched in the face instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  When he decides to use it? So he "decides" to get punched in the face instead?
                  Actually, yes.

To take the opponent in 5-6 rounds rather than risking to go the distance he often forget about the defence and just chase them down..

once he goes up that will change.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    Holy **** man!!! Amazing ****ing sig pic!
                    thx, m8

Comment

i wouldn't be surprised at all if that random british guy was lying. ggg sparred kovalev and no rumors about him going down.

Comment

Working...
                      X