Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Alexander Ustinov Looms For Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props to Ustinov. I was really hoping Fury could get a fight. He must feel cool about the money and his fitness and his chances... honestly Fury has been inactive for so long, he's probably pissed and ready to hurt someone, will make mistakes in trying vent frustration.

Comment

What the hell?

Is he in shape??

Damn good fight if he is!

Comment

Ustinov isn't particularly good, but he is big. Fury's biggest opponent to date was 6'3. Ustinov is 6'8.

Comment

It should be said:

Props to Fury and his team for taking this fight and not something like Jameel McCline or Sherman Williams

Comment

Originally posted by UFOlogist View Post
            Ustinov isn't particularly good, but he is big. Fury's biggest opponent to date was 6'3. Ustinov is 6'8.
            Firtha is 6'5 or 6'6 I believe. He's quite big. Fury has fought a couple of guys that are taller than 6'3. Even his last opponent, Abell was 6'5.

Comment

What I've seen of Ustinov hasn't been pretty. He's just big really.

A look on his record shows he took a guy who is 19-19 to a decision. That same guy was knocked out by Pianeta.

Even though his record suggests otherwise, from what i've seen, he doesn't really punch all that hard either.

two giants rarely make a great fight, and I doubt this would be either. but nevertheless, better than some journeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Firtha is 6'5 or 6'6 I believe. He's quite big. Fury has fought a couple of guys that are taller than 6'3. Even his last opponent, Abell was 6'5.
                Okay, my mistake. It will still be his tallest opponent though.

It's a good last minute replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  let this be a lesson, HW.

STAY IN SHAPE!
                  Round is a shape.

Comment

A look on his record shows he took a guy who is 19-19 to a decision. That same guy was knocked out by Pianeta.

Even though his record suggests otherwise, from what i've seen, he doesn't really punch all that hard either.

two giants rarely make a great fight, and I doubt this would be either. but nevertheless, better than some journeyman.
                    Lennox vs Vitali. Similar circumstances too. Both Fury and Ustinov are rubbish technically (especially Fury) so this would be an interesting pub car park scrap.

Comment

He can punch... but that's all. The few times he landed on Pulev you could see Pulev's eyes roll to the back of his head. Ustinov's just not that active and doesn't set up his power shots often enough to land them.

Comment

Working...
                      X