Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Rigo the best pure boxer in the last 25 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Rigo the best pure boxer in the last 25 years?

Man I have been watching him for awhile and I'm amazed at his skills, do you think he could out box a prime FMJ, whitaker and RJJ if they where in the same weight class?

He beat Donaire, which was huge and an upset. I feel like Donaire could of shown us more in that fight, but I want to see Rigo in there with another game opponent.

Leo Santa Cruz
    Carl Frampton

Comment

No, no , no and no!!!!!you listed 3 fighters who's resume ****s all over Rigo's meaning they proved their talent over years and years and over several different divisions...no way you can rank him over more proven fighters

Comment

Ivan Calderon > Rigo

Comment

for starters, jones was not a pure boxer. he used his reflexes and athletic ability, not fundamentals.

secondly, you guys only look at rigondeaux in the donaire fight. there are more fights to look at, and he certainly didn't look like the best boxer of his generation in those.

great, great boxer, as evidenced by the donaire ifght, but he's had a very short career.

my vote would probaby go to whitaker. i do think that floyd is a better technician, and would win at 147, but whitaker fought such better competition that you ahve to give him the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            No, no , no and no!!!!!you listed 3 fighters who's resume ****s all over Rigo's meaning they proved their talent over years and years and over several different divisions...no way you can rank him over more proven fighters
            I didn't say he had a nicer resume, cause he does not, I asked skills wise would he win in a head to head fight..........

Comment

Everyone has their own opinions but mine is he is the best pure boxer ever and I genuinely mean that. Certainly the best technically I have seen anyway.

Better than Sugar Ray Robinson? Yep, better than Ali, yep.

If you could shrink them all down to his size he'd outbox the lot.

I am not joking or trolling there is no doubt in my mind he is the goat and at his best he beats anyone at their best in history.

Comment

Yes he is the Greatest

Comment

he is THE greatest boxer of all time of any era. robinson was great but he wasn't as skillful or as versatile as rigondeaux is. rigondeaux is just leagues above any one else i have ever witnessed in my entire life.

Comment

Whitaker was far more versatile, as is Mayweather and even Hopkins who you didn't mention.

Comment

Working...
                    X