Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo going to duck his chance at a title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    Bro I asked a yes or no question, why do you read it as I'm trying to imply something. I said in this exact thread that hes not ducking Andrade I said he doesn't want to fight for a title.

And then I asked the Canelo fans, is Canelo bigger than having a title? I get Mayweather is THE man, but this is a title shot for Canelo.

Its hard to argue who Canelo should fight only because he has such high popularity he can fight anyone. But Andrade called him out, if you dont give unproven fighters a chance how can they prove themselves?

Roberto Apodaca gave Floyd Mayweather who wasn't top 5 in the rankings a shot at the title to prove himself.
    In your own logic, If Andrade is the "champ" then wtf does he need Canelo for? If he keeps winning and the time is right, he will get his chance at the real 154 champ, Canelo.

That's how it works. Right now, he's not on the radar. But if he makes some noise, he will get his chance.

He's not goin to bypass a Cotto fight to go fight Andrade.

Right now Golden Boy wants Cotto, and possibly Kirkland.

Once again, you need to give it time. By this time next year he might have already beat Andrade and we're all just wasting our breath in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      LOL he still won't fight cotto at 154. the reason they were saying "stay at 154 for the remainder of my career" is because there was controversy that he supposedly couldn't make 154, even if he tried. Which is utter bullchit (lara voice)
      Ok but aside from the remainder of his career, he still said he wants to stay at 154 after the fight.

I'll put it in my sig and I'll give you 100trillion points if Cotto-Canelo is for the MW belt and you can just give me 1 point if its not.

Comment

Canelo just fought Trout, Mayweather, Angulo and Lara consecutively yet people still want to disrespect him and say he's picking easy matchups? Titles mean little nowadays, it's all about the opposition whether they hold a trinket or not, and at this point Andrade brings little else to the table.

Comment

Titles don't mean so much any more because there are so many of them. Puplic opinion means more. Canelo and Lara were considered 1 and 2 at 154 in what ever order you want. Andrate would not even make top 5 and his best win is Vanes. Canelo beat Lara in a close one so he is generally considered the best 154 pounder in the world if you don't include Mayweather who shows no signs of ever fighting at 154 again. Andrate not only has no problem defending his title against Canelo, he is damn near begging Canelo to challenge him for his title just as the other champ Molina is. They both know Canelo brings them a career high payday. Right now Canelo is the man at 154. He is the cash cow and in the driver's seat. You don't hear Lara or Molina or Andrate challenging each other do you? No, they all want to fight Canelo for that big pay day. Canelo can choose almost any fight he wants just like Mayweather, Cotto and Pacquiao can. By fighting Trout, Mayweather and Lara in his last three fights Canelo proved that he will fight anyone if the money and conditions are right. He fears nobody and he ducks nobody. If he doesn't fight a guy like Andrate or Molina it's because they bring him neither big money nor big prestige.

Comment

How does this hold any weight in Canelo's career when he fought for the vacant WBC belt against Matthew Hatton
            Stop living in the past bro that's irrelevant at this point in his career when it's clear he's choosing his opponents as opposed to what your referencing.

Comment

117-111 go cry somewhere else you fckn whiny ass panzy
              So when Fraud avoided Margarito, PWilliams, and any other top fighter at 147 to fight Baldomir, Flowmos cried that it was for the lineal championship belt, the fight wouldn't make him any money, those fighters are nobodies, nobody would care, and other nonsense.

Yet want Canelo to fight Andrea who is a nobody, for a meaningless paper strap, would get less money than a Cotto fight and nobody would care.

Smh

Comment

Ok but aside from the remainder of his career, he still said he wants to stay at 154 after the fight.

I'll put it in my sig and I'll give you 100trillion points if Cotto-Canelo is for the MW belt and you can just give me 1 point if its not.
                Alright lol confirmed on my end. my 1 point to your 100 trillion that canelo doesnt fight cotto at 154 but 160 instead, if they do fight.

Comment

Well I guess since Floyd is leaving in 2-3 years Canelo can just go grab those vacated titles. In the mean time he can go fight Cotto, Kirkland, Martirosyan, and the Charlos since I think thats all there is left at 154.

And somewhere squeeze in the IBF/WBO belts till Mayweather leaves.

Comment

"Damn you Floyd for making my guy look like a bum. I hope Maidana knocks your ass out. I hate you"

Anyways my bad for getting off topic. But Andrade vs. Canelo is a fight that could be a good one down the road. But it doesn't need to happen now. Andrade needs to beat Lara or Molina and solidify himself a spot in the top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                      So when Fraud avoided Margarito, PWilliams, and any other top fighter at 147 to fight Baldomir, Flowmos cried that it was for the lineal championship belt, the fight wouldn't make him any money, those fighters are nobodies, nobody would care, and other nonsense.

Yet want Canelo to fight Andrea who is a nobody, for a meaningless paper strap, would get less money than a Cotto fight and nobody would care.

Smh
                      Flowmo logic

Comment

Working...
                      X