No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    I don't agree at all - Wladimir wouldn't necessarily need to fight on the inside to KO Fury.

Fury's jab is OK from what we've seen, against smaller, limited opposition. Wladimir's jab, by comparison, is potent. It serves as a distraction, and allows him to assume the centre of the ring and set up the straight right.

I also think you're underestimating Wladimir's left hook. It's deadly. From what we've seen from Fury, his defence is wide open to the right hand; so, even if Fury worked on protecting himself from the straight right, the left hook could come in to play.

Wladimir by early stoppage for me. Fury, of course, stands a puncher's chance, but he's not a 'top' heavyweight. He's feasted on cruiserweights and journeymen.
    I think he would have to go somewhere he doesn't like to go, if he was to KO Fury.

Fury has a long jab, quite quick and he moves well with it. I think that could neutralise some of Wlad's offensive work - which all comes from the jab.

With regards to Wlad's left hook - it's probably alright, probably deadly too. When he throws it. But I haven't seen him throw it since the Chambers fight, so I'm not sure if that could come into play.

Fury has a few weapons as well that aren't to be underestimated, and whilst he's perceived to have a weak chin, I don't actually think that's the case. He's gotten up from both the punches that put him down and didn't seem overly hurt by them.

of course, that being said - Wlad is a much bigger puncher than both those guys, but he, like them, is also not an excellent finisher. He usually wants his opponents to be dead tired before he goes for the kill - and I just don't see that coming from him vs Fury.

An early stoppage is completely out of the question for me. Absolutely no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Jab: Wlad
      Defense: Fury
      ring generalship: Wlad
      ring IQ: Wlad
      stamina: Fury
      heart: Fury
      combination punching: Fury
      adaptability: Fury
      power: Fury
      star power: Fury
      experience: Wlad
      work ethic: Wlad
      chin: Fury
      better bodywork: Fury
      more effective hooks: Fury
      NSB draw power: Fury

I have Fury taking his jab away in the early rounds, pressuring him, and forcing the fight inside, then systematically breakign him down to a late stoppage in the 10th, in a FOTY candidate.

What say you?
      Defense: Wlad
      stamina: Fury
      heart: Fury/Wlad
      combination punching: Fury
      adaptability: Fury
      power: Wlad
      star power: Wlad
      chin: Wlad
      better bodywork: Fury
      more effective hooks: Wlad

Wlad is better in just about every category apart from body work and inside fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I think he would have to go somewhere he doesn't like to go, if he was to KO Fury.

Fury has a long jab, quite quick and he moves well with it. I think that could neutralise some of Wlad's offensive work - which all comes from the jab.

With regards to Wlad's left hook - it's probably alright, probably deadly too. When he throws it. But I haven't seen him throw it since the Chambers fight, so I'm not sure if that could come into play.

Fury has a few weapons as well that aren't to be underestimated, and whilst he's perceived to have a weak chin, I don't actually think that's the case. He's gotten up from both the punches that put him down and didn't seem overly hurt by them.

of course, that being said - Wlad is a much bigger puncher than both those guys, but he, like them, is also not an excellent finisher. He usually wants his opponents to be dead tired before he goes for the kill - and I just don't see that coming from him vs Fury.

An early stoppage is completely out of the question for me. Absolutely no chance.
        Wlad was throwing that hook against Wach and Pianneta almost at will. Against taller fighters his hook becomes that much better.

I don't think Wlad needs to fight inside to KO Fury. This fight would be the perfect showcase of Wlad's speed, power and accuracy compared to other tall fighters..

Wlad can KO Fury either with right or hook. IMO it would look somehow similar to Wach (of course Fury is more talented and skilled) but Fury can't take the punch nearly as good as Wach.

Wlad always looks great against tall fighters.
        Last edited by Simurgh; 07-20-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Defense: Wlad
          stamina: Wlad
          heart: Fury
          combination punching: ?
          adaptability: Wlad
          power: Wlad
          star power: Wlad
          chin: Wlad
          better bodywork: Neither
          more effective hooks: Wlad

Fury has looked decent at best against dreadful opposition. He's been badly dropped by non-punchers, he is slow on his feet despite his best attempts to appear otherwise, his power isn't great....

Yeah, Wlad by KO inside 4.

Comment

Wow. No just no. As much as i hate to admit, Wlad is prob one of the strongest heavyweights of all time. Fury is much more entertaining, but also dog ****.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
              Wow. No just no. As much as i hate to admit, Wlad is prob one of the strongest heavyweights of all time. Fury is much more entertaining, but also dog ****.
              Agreed. I don't see any way Fury could beat Wladimir.

Comment

Is there anyone in the current HW division who could challenge Wlad?

Comment

Being the same size as Wlad is not his kryptonite at all.
                  Brewster 6'2''. Sanders 6'4''. Purrity 6'3''.

Now anyone and everyone over 6'5'' who has fought him has lost.
                  Most by KO.

And anyone who says Tyson Fury has better defense than Wlad is probably an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                    The savior of HW boxing is coming.

WAR FURY!!
                    Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Froch is top 10 p4p.

Owned.
                    Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                    Thompson
                    Peter
                    Chambers
                    Chagaev (RTD, as good as KOed)
                    Brewster

All would disagree with you..

But of course they were no good were they!!
                    Tomato cans.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      Is there anyone in the current HW division who could challenge Wlad?
                      Tyson Fury has the tools to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X