Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
    Thompson
    Peter
    Chambers
    Chagaev (RTD, as good as KOed)
    Brewster

All would disagree with you..

But of course they were no good were they!!
    Well none of them were top heavyweights?

Peter was a top heavyweight, by today's standards I guess, when they first fought in 2005. Not the fat useless version of 2010.

Chambers? Please - Klitschko was 8-1 favourite. Chagaev? Come on - the guy was feasting on the likes of Skelton and Sprott - had one win over the biggest oaf of all time. And don't you dare mention that half-blind fat version of Brewster that fought Wlad the second time.

Thompson wasn't even ranked in the top 10 either of the times he fought Klitschko, so how can he be a top heavyweight knockout?

I guess Chagaev is Wlad's best "KO" win. That's pretty embarrassing for someone who wins all their fantasy fights by KO, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Well none of them were top heavyweights?

Peter was a top heavyweight, by today's standards I guess, when they first fought in 2005. Not the fat useless version of 2010.

Chambers? Please - Klitschko was 8-1 favourite. Chagaev? Come on - the guy was feasting on the likes of Skelton and Sprott - had one win over the biggest oaf of all time. And don't you dare mention that half-blind fat version of Brewster that fought Wlad the second time.

Thompson wasn't even ranked in the top 10 either of the times he fought Klitschko, so how can he be a top heavyweight knockout?

I guess Chagaev is Wlad's best "KO" win. That's pretty embarrassing for someone who wins all their fantasy fights by KO, wouldn't you say?
      All of them were good opponents he stopped, regardless of your interpretation..

However humorous it was.

But alas, I'm forced to concede at least that Wladimir is not a good finisher of good opponents.

However I do pick WK to beat Fury by KO.

You see the guys who have survived WK, apart from Haye and Ibragimov who are very slick, did not do it with their skills, they normally did it with excellent chin qualities. (Wach etc).

Byrd was a high ranked and high skilled opponent, he got him too did he not?

Problem I see with Fury is he doesn't have the skills of Ibragimov or Haye OR the chin of Wach or Povetkin to survive. What are your thoughts on this point<<< I'm interested?

Comment

All of them were good opponents he stopped, regardless of your interpretation..

However humorous it was.

But alas, I'm forced to concede at least that Wladimir is not a good finisher of good opponents.

However I do pick WK to beat Fury by KO.

You see the guys who have survived WK, apart from Haye and Ibragimov who are very slick, did not do it with their skills, they normally did it with excellent chin qualities. (Wach etc).

Byrd was a high ranked and high skilled opponent, he got him too did he not?

Problem I see with Fury is he doesn't have the skills of Ibragimov or Haye OR the chin of Wach or Povetkin to survive. What are your thoughts on this point<<< I'm interested?
        I can see that point, and I don't think Fury has as good a chin as Wach for instance. He seems very durable.

Haye fought like he didn't want to be there. He didn't really engage, but neither did Wlad. They were quite respectful of each other. Ibragimov was a stinky encounter, but that it is what it is.

With regards to Fury, I think the reason why I don't see Wlad winning by KO is because Fury has a much longer reach and has quite a good jab himself. Now, whilst I do believe Wlad would outbox fury, I don't think he's willing to engage on the inside to go for the KO. Fury fights well on the inside and he would give it to Wlad there. Wlad is an outside fighter.

But I believe he would try and box Fury and jab him to set up the occasional right hand. As lumbering and, according to some, void of skills he is - Fury can bang and he throws every punch in the book and he's not afraid of making it rough.

I think Wlad would stay away and go for a decision. And I think that would be the wise choice.

Comment

I think WK will mainly stay on the outer too and box wisely, the reason I chose KO is because I think some of WK's right hands will really do some damage to Fury. A decision win for WK isn't out of the question of course.

I just have a gut feeling he can stop him, no figures running here Laced lol

Comment

you gave fury the advantage in defense? what the f#ck are you talking about?

wladimir has a crap chin, and his the HW champion of the world. he's hardly ever hit.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              you gave fury the advantage in defense? what the f#ck are you talking about?

wladimir has a crap chin, and his the HW champion of the world. he's hardly ever hit.
              Compared to competition, I would say Wlad has one of the best defences from a heavyweight champ I can remember.

Comment

I think WK will mainly stay on the outer too and box wisely, the reason I chose KO is because I think some of WK's right hands will really do some damage to Fury. A decision win for WK isn't out of the question of course.

I just have a gut feeling he can stop him, no figures running here Laced lol
                Neither am I saying Wlad couldn't KO fury, of course he could. I just don't think it's the likely option.

Comment

as soon as fury lands he will hurt wlad and send him into a state of panic,
                  fury by KO

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

With regards to Fury, I think the reason why I don't see Wlad winning by KO is because Fury has a much longer reach and has quite a good jab himself. Now, whilst I do believe Wlad would outbox fury, I don't think he's willing to engage on the inside to go for the KO. Fury fights well on the inside and he would give it to Wlad there. Wlad is an outside fighter.

But I believe he would try and box Fury and jab him to set up the occasional right hand. As lumbering and, according to some, void of skills he is - Fury can bang and he throws every punch in the book and he's not afraid of making it rough.

I think Wlad would stay away and go for a decision. And I think that would be the wise choice.

I don't agree at all - Wladimir wouldn't necessarily need to fight on the inside to KO Fury.

Fury's jab is OK from what we've seen, against smaller, limited opposition. Wladimir's jab, by comparison, is potent. It serves as a distraction, and allows him to assume the centre of the ring and set up the straight right.

I also think you're underestimating Wladimir's left hook. It's deadly. From what we've seen from Fury, his defence is wide open to the right hand; so, even if Fury worked on protecting himself from the straight right, the left hook could come in to play.

Wladimir by early stoppage for me. Fury, of course, stands a puncher's chance, but he's not a 'top' heavyweight. He's feasted on cruiserweights and journeymen.
                    Last edited by yoz; 07-20-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

One of the interesting things about this fight is that WK will have to (or should) go to the body. He's been doing the Emmanuel Steward "be tall and keep your head away" strategy that he first employed with LL.

I think that WK is a good boxer and don't think highly of Fury's skills (although I like his trash talk and root for him). WK should be able to outbox him and land big body shots. If WK doesn't clearly defeat Tyson Fury then his ATG ranking should drop a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X