No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    lol its kind of ironick...ever watch Banks fight? the man can't pull the trigger!!
    If Vlad fights on (most likely he will) he should get rid of Banks. He can just have Vitali in his corner, much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
      If Vlad fights on (most likely he will) he should get rid of Banks. He can just have Vitali in his corner, much better.
      vitali said to wlad to land the left and fury knew it, fury said it on ifltv after the fight in the dressing room, and it wasnt effective so vitali give wlad **** advice that didnt work, also vitali isnt a trainer so thats both his advice sucking and him having a lack of training abilities.

in a perfect world he needs a tried and tested trainer, but can he change trainers that fast without a warmup fight? it would be extremely hard for him to just switch trainers to someone new.

banks is good copying and training wlad under the steward tactics against smaller guys or complete bums and they have been effective, against a taller guy who can move its been proven to completely be lacking, it will be very interesting to see how banks does with whyte against aj, if whyte fails or fails big time, i can imagine a large majority of the boxing public writing him off completely as a trainer.

Comment

• Comment

• So made up for Fury. He went 12 rounds and still managed to carry a tune. Hopefully, the HW division will see some well needed injection of fresh blood (e.g. Joshua)

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            No, no no!

Remember the day before the fight you asked Fury fans to tell you what they thought he had that could beat Wlad, and I wrote this:

And you scoffed at the second point:

Well you were wrong about that. You underestimated Fury's boxing skills, and you are doing it again.

It was Fury's movement, feints and footwork that confused Wlad and shut him out of the fight. And if they have a rematch, the same thing will happen again.
            Yes it was Fury's movement, feints and footwork that CONTRIUTED to him outboxing Wlad.

But what I said was not wrong.

These boxers I named DID move better than Fury AND they were faster. In the case of Chambers and Haye, they were much faster.

Fury had something they all didn't though. 250lbs and 6'9" x 85 reach!

I commend you on getting it right there and I was wrong.

But it was Fury's speed and movement ALLIED to his physical advantages that told the Fury side of the story.

And no story is complete without the other side either, that Wlad was quite bad too.

The rematch for me will be a pretty even prospect

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              Yes it was Fury's movement, feints and footwork that CONTRIUTED to him outboxing Wlad.

But what I said was not wrong.

These boxers I named DID move better than Fury AND they were faster. In the case of Chambers and Haye, they were much faster.

Fury had something they all didn't though. 250lbs and 6'9" x 85 reach!

I commend you on getting it right there and I was wrong.

But it was Fury's speed and movement ALLIED to his physical advantages that told the Fury side of the story.

And no story is complete without the other side either, that Wlad was quite bad too.

The rematch for me will be a pretty even prospect
              Are you confident Wlad could win a rematch and what do you think he should do to win?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Are you confident Wlad could win a rematch and what do you think he should do to win?
                Am I confident?

No. I think it's about an even chance like I said.

I think fighting on the outside is still the key to Wlad's victory, yet he should perhaps work on incorporating an uppercut into his arsenal now that he has a bigger fish with game to fry which might help him fight on the inside other than just clinch.

I feel the keys to his success in the next affair will come in the form of speed and reactions which seemed to be lacking and inadequate to breach the distance against Fury or to tie him up when things got close.

And of course I think that Wladimir needs to be more aggressive. I mean I think the pre-Steward Wlad would have got the KO by force.

This is because Fury does not have the power of a Sanders to stop him nor does he have the chin to sustain a huge assault from Wlad if he had gone for it imo.

But Wladimir was obviously mistaken he could patiently outbox Fury passively. Unfortunately that only works when you outsize your opponents. Against Fury Wladimir HAS to be the one to push the action for once.

Of course there is just as much likelihood now that Wlad can't make the adjustments or forge the required speed/reflexes this time and Fury will win again.

Either way it will be an excellent prospect, number 1 and 2 on again for the titles.

Again I don't think that the perfected minimalist style of Wlad was wrong at all, except that as your opponent becomes larger than yourself, you need a concominant greater degree of speed and timing to perservere regardless of style. It is an "attribute" problem, not a "style" problem.. Wlad simply executed it with a lack of attributes and incompetance the other night.
                Last edited by Elroy1; 11-30-2015, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• Just rewatched the fight.

Possibly ironically, Fury won the fight with defense.

Another LOL at anyone who thinks Wilder will beat Fury.

That is a KO waiting to happen, and a mismatch.

Wilder is not on Fury's level.

Fury has flaws, but he has developed as a pretty good fighter.

Fury will win the rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

"Does this face look bothered?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Fury is actually a black man in a white body.

Comment

Working...
                      X