No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
    when was the last time wlad got hit with a big shot? wlad has an underrated defense because he rarely gets hit at all
    Wlad does not have great defense. He doesn't have the skills to effectively parry, slip or roll with punches. He simply utilizes smothering tactics to avoid exchanges a la John Ruiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
      Wlad does not have great defense. He doesn't have the skills to effectively parry, slip or roll with punches. He simply utilizes smothering tactics to avoid exchanges a la John Ruiz.
      what are you talking about man? have you even seen wlads fights?. He is pretty quick on his feet when he needs to avoid punches and also has good headmovement. He is also VERY good at keeping guys at range wheere they cant land. And who souldnt really judge wlad for holding because fury does a lot of it too

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
        One shouldn't write off Fury, but honestly, who has he beaten?
        The problem with that as criticism is that you can say that about every fighter in history at some point in their career. He's beaten everyone they have put in front of him and has ducked no one, that's all you can ask of Fury at this point. But you don't need a fighter to fight elite opposition to recognize talent, skill, and will. Anyone versed in boxing knows this.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          The problem with that as criticism is that you can say that about every fighter in history at some point in their career. He's beaten everyone they have put in front of him and has ducked no one, that's all you can ask of Fury at this point. But you don't need a fighter to fight elite opposition to recognize talent, skill, and will. Anyone versed in boxing knows this.
          Price, Pulev, Klitschko, Thompson, Mitchell, shoud I continue ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post

You could argue Price, Pulev... meh both didn't want it at that stage

I have no clue about the other three, he's fighting klitschko now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post

Please do. I'd like to know all these other fighters Fury ducked.

Pulev's the only one you can say he categorically avoided. Maybe Price, though I think that fight would have happened by now if Thompson hadn't derailed the train.

Mitchell? Seth Mitchell? When did Fury duck that guy?
              Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 07-12-2015, 04:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
                Combined with his physical advantages, Wladimir Klitschko has by far the best defence of any boxer of all time!

And it's not even debatable at all!

The guy now has undisputably the best resume of all time, the most quality opponents defeated of any boxer and also the most heftiest.

And in all of those fights, he barely got hit more than a hundred times and barely lost a handful of rounds!

Basically, if your claiming Wladimir has a rubbish defence and ALSO a glass jaw, then how do you explain his success?

The fact is not only has Wlad the most impenetrable defence ever, he also has a strong chin. Not "iron" strong but still hard.

In the Klitschko reign, the punches of HW boxers have become so hard now that even the hardest of chins can be cracked by a single flush shot from a hard puncher.

^ This is why fighters are more cautious today, because they HAVE to be (as opposed to past punch bag eras)

^ And THIS is why it is difficult to assess chin based on single or limited occurances of being KOed

^And this is why even if we label a fighter to have a "glass jaw", it is obviously relative when viewed to previous eras!

A hard chinned fighter from the past (70's Ali for instance) would obviously be a glass jaw today and someone like Wlaidmir Klitschko, if you put him back in the 70's or anytime prior, he would have a chin so strong he wouldn't even need to hold his hands up!

Comment

• Wlad is gun shy

I like fury by decision

Comment

• Fury does not possess the single punch power to hurt Wladimir Klitschko even if he breaches the defence.

Hypothetically Fury can wear Wlad down and score a stoppage or otherwise UD him.

Either Fury success scenario required that Fury to work Wlad over all the time and avoid Wladimir's own jabs, counters, huge rights and hooks the whole time which would knock him flat.

^ It should be immediately clear that the likelihood of THAT happening is rather low right? I mean really!

Comment

• How many power punches did wlad throw vs Jennings?

Comment

Working...
                      X