No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    wlad used to be a descent combination puncher before he changed his style after the kayo losses. he still sometimes shows flashes of it if he has an opponent hurt but fury definitely throws alot more of them and has the better gas tank. I agree with that
    That might be true, but he's not a combination puncher now at least. Fury is. Wlad also never goes to the body - ever. nothing wrong with that per se, especially hard for a big guy when he usually fights smaller guys. But I'd like to see Wlad throw a Mayweather-esque jab to the solar plexus once a while. I think that would be a good punch for him. But he's probably too old to change it now.

He threw some combos vs Wach, but mostly because he was a big stiff idiot.

Comment

• I'm so curious on what you Fury fans are gonna be saying if Wlad completely dominates Fury..

"he wasn't in shape"

"Wlad clinched him" lol

"Fury just wanted the money"

Hmm

Comment

• Beez;

Once again your half caste nut bag nature emerges again..

All the things you said about Peter and Fury are true, except you had to throw in that Peter didn't hit as hard as Shavers or Foreman!

Peter was about 2 punch classes harder than Foreman and about 5 punch classes above Shavers!

Foreman's power would be described today as "average" and in terms of his very poor skillset also as "very low threat".

Shavers would be today regarded as a "featherfist" and "absolute bum" of no threat to any top 50 boxer whatsoever.

He would be regarded as a CRUISERWEIGHT puncher for sure, but again, he didn't have the skills to land anything significant on a modern cruiser.

If you dropped the nutbag act, you'd be among the best posters here.

Wake up mate, these old guys were all shockingly poor by comparison!

Comment

• On "combination punching"

Wladimir is so successful BECAUSE he is not a combination puncher!

Fury MUST use combinations to be successful because he does not hit hard enough to stun his opponents with single shots NOR does he utilise his height and range to maintain distance as good as Wlad.

Were Wladimir to use combinations he would be LESS effective as a boxer!

He proved that combinations are completely unnecessary in the case of his own style, and utterly useless in the case of his opponents.

If Tyson Fury attempts to utilise combination punching on Wladimir, who has totally mastered that form of offence now, he will get completely wasted in the opening rounds.

Only if Fury abandons combinations in favour of a more stick and move tactic and HIMSELF trying to clinch Klitschko (ironically as it sounds), does he stand any chance to survive and possibly win!

In my opinion of course

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatLeftaMarc View Post
            I'm so curious on what you Fury fans are gonna be saying if Wlad completely dominates Fury..

"he wasn't in shape"

"Wlad clinched him" lol

"Fury just wanted the money"

Hmm
            Wlad is the clear favourite in the fight? He's expected to win.

I've said it for a while that I think Fury will give him some problems. If it doesn't turn out that way, all the power to Wlad.

I don't understand why Wlad fans care so much about credibility. They spend months building up average guys like Pianeta, Wach, Thompson etc so Wlad isn't excused for fighting them. Then spend equal amounts of time crapping on Haye/Fury etc.

And then want credit afterwards.
            Last edited by LacedUp; 07-10-2015, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              alot of posters that dont know boxing well miss some of the subtle things fury does well. personally I think this fight will be alot like wlad vs thompson 1 but more exciting as fury throws more than thompson,,,takes more risks and has better stamina. thompson did win a few rounds and it took a while for wlad to figure him out. fury is a dangerous fight for him
              A lot of Fury's critics just seem to have it stuck in their heads that he's a wild untalented brawler who punches himself in the face and gets knocked down by cruiserweights. It takes a bit of emotional detachment to view him objectively and see all the genuine talent that lies beneath the clownish façade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                This is true. Thinking about it objectively there is no way you can write off Fury.

I don't think a lot of them have seen him fight apart from gifs of him punching himself and getting knocked down by Steve Cunningham.

It is hard to imagine that fight without Wlad being put in situations that are as dangerous as he has been in for years. We don't really know what is going to happen when they are up close till it happens and it will happen a lot in that fight until the point when/if Wlad sparks him out.
                I hope that isn't the case. I mean how hard is it in this day and age to watch a few fights before you venture an opinion of the fighter in question? I just think a lot of people don't know what they're watching in a fight, or have such a preconceived notion of how the fighter is going to perform that they ignore all the things he does that don't conform to that viewpoint. You only have to look at Fury's last two fights to see how much improvement he's made. Yet people either wilfully ignore or spin the fight to maintain their initial opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                  A lot of Fury's critics just seem to have it stuck in their heads that he's a wild untalented brawler who punches himself in the face and gets knocked down by cruiserweights. It takes a bit of emotional detachment to view him objectively and see all the genuine talent that lies beneath the clownish façade.
                  ^^ This is a very true post!

He is one of the best boxers at HW and definitely a viable contender.

The best undefeated opponent on the market at this time!

And the most fluid+fast opponent who outweighs and out-talls Wlad and otherwise the biggest quality opponent that Wlad has ever faced.

Comment

• Fury will be exposed by Wlad.

It will be a 8-4 type of decision IMO.

I think Fury can start well, but Wlad will take over and just shut him down.

Good fight though, I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Wlad is the clear favourite in the fight? He's expected to win.

I've said it for a while that I think Fury will give him some problems. If it doesn't turn out that way, all the power to Wlad.

I don't understand why Wlad fans care so much about credibility. They spend months building up average guys like Pianeta, Wach, Thompson etc so Wlad isn't excused for fighting them. Then spend equal amounts of time crapping on Haye/Fury etc.

And then want credit afterwards.
                      This baffles me as well. You have a guy who's the first genuine threat to Wlad in years, and who's leading the procession of abuse and name calling? Wlad fans!

If Wlad beats Fury the win will have been marginalised by the very same people who are always moaning about Wlad never getting any respect.

It makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X