No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
    It must be one of the best fights at HW in ages because for the first time not only am I seeing the usual opponent (Fury) being written off, but also I see many are writing WLAD off for a change! LOL
    They think Fury is gonna make a dramatic difference being 3 inches taller. This is a joke.

Personally, anything can happen in the heavyweight division.. which is why it's so exciting. But I stand firm that Wlad KO's Fury late.
    Last edited by BOMB ZQUAD; 07-09-2015, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burt Saxby View Post
      Jennings is the biggest pillow puff puncher in the division with a weak ass 50% KO rate.
      Punching power is technique combined with distribution of body weight amongst other factors.

Jennings can't turn over a punch properly and weighs about 40 pounds less than Fury.
      You have 'casual newbie fan' inked across your forehead.
      dont act like fury has alot of power. Because he really doesnt. And dont make him out to be better than he is. Yes he can box a little bit , but not nearly as good as klitschko can.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Please explain how. I'd love to hear it.
        Fury will try to box with wlad and will get jabbed from round 1 . Then fury is going to get caught with a hard right hand while sloppily moving and throwing punches the way he does and will get kod. And if he gets back up eventually he will just get caught again and go down. Wlad is just better than him at everything, more power, better boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
          Fury will try to box with wlad and will get jabbed from round 1 . Then fury is going to get caught with a hard right hand while sloppily moving and throwing punches the way he does and will get kod. And if he gets back up eventually he will just get caught again and go down. Wlad is just better than him at everything, more power, better boxer.
          Well done, exactly how I'd picture it.

Comment

• I have read some rather interesting as well as some hilarious things on this thread and I figured I would respond. I should have taken notes but what the hell I will at least attempt to hit on a few.

I have read that Fury will be a stylistic nightmare for Wlad. When in reality Fury wasn't even a stylistic nightmare for a fighter that he outweighed by forty pounds and who also happened to be six inches shorter then he was.

I also read that when Cunningham knocked down down Fury that it was just a flash knockdown. The fact is Fury did not get right up and when he did he spent most of the rest of the 2nd round with his back against the ropes while trying to tie up Steve. Does that sound like someone who had experienced a flash knock down?

Steve was also at times actually out boxing the much bigger man and he was also still wining the fight on the cards when it was stopped. And it isn't as if this is ancient history in Fury's career. Because in reality the fight was relatively recent in Fury's career.

I also read that the Chisora-Haye fight was competitive. The only thing I recall was a highly pissed off Haye beating the absolute snot out of Chisora. I have also watched it several times and my opinion of the fight still hasn't changed.

I also read that Chisora was on the best streak of his career before he fought Fury the second time. I almost fell off my chair on that one. And why?

Chisora had five fights between the Haye and the Fury fights in a ten month span. That was two years ago. He did in fact win those five fights. But who was it it that he fought?

Those five fighters are now ranked as follows, 2353, 24, 1180, 1131 and 63rd in the world. Dang, I honestly didn't even know that the ratings went that high. Need I say more?

I also read that Wilder somehow gets little to no credit for beating Stiverne. And why? Because Stiverne did little to nothing during the fight, which is true. However, what else is true is the fact that one of Fury's best opponents also did the same thing.

As in Chisora did nothing but follow Fury around the ring while throwing an occasional wild punch. So in fairness due to the fact that Stiverne and Chisora did nothing huge question marks should remain for both Fury and Wilder.

I also read that its a big deal that Fury can switch between Southpaw and orthodox with little to no effort. My question is who was he fighting when he was doing this and doesn't that make a difference?

In my opinion Fury could have fought Chisora the second time with one his hands taped to his side while also wearing an eye patch over one eye. Again he did nothing and why? I honestly believe that Haye broke Chisora.

I also read that Wlad looked old in the Jennings fight. Why? Because once again Wlad dominated a smaller fighter that had no interest in attempting to engage with him.

In my opinion he fought Jennings no differently then how he fought Ibragimov, Haye and even Chambers up until the 12th round. Wlad also went after Jennings in the 12th round and rung his bell. And if you look at the statistics all of those fighters also out landed Wlad in power punches and he was still able to dominated them.

I also find it amusing that things that occurred in the not so distant past of Fury's career seem to get discounted. But yet events that happened in one of Wlad's fights as far back as when Fury was a snot nosed ten year old still seem to matter and carry weight.

I also read that a Pulev jab that slightly wobbled Wlad means so much. But once again Fury getting dropped by feather fisted Cunningham somehow gets discounted as Fury just joking around or it was just a flash knockdown.

I even read that it was the most perfect punch that Cunningham ever threw. So then isn't also possible that the Pulev jab was the best one he ever threw? I cannot possibly be the only one that sees the utter hypocrisy in this horse5hit can I?

I also read that Fury's size will be a major factor. I have to ask for who? Because when I have watched Wlad fight he seems to simply fight better and is actually even meaner when he fights bigger guys.

In closing I will say that it can at times be frustrating to be a Wlad fan. And why? Because I believe that he doesn't care if he is in a boring fight he will just do what he has to to win. And I believe he will win simply because I don't believe Fury as done anything of any substance to truly prepare himself for the challenge. But in fairness to Fury if trash talking really counted it would be a different story indeed!
            Last edited by Ravens Fan; 07-09-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
              I disagree wholeheartedly. Fury will catch a few jabs early regardless of the approach he takes. If he tries to box from a distance Wlads jab will surprise him and Wlad sets everything up from his jab so Fury will taste some punches. If he comes inside and tries to inside fight or even brawl, Wlad will catch him coming in, and land when not wrapped up, and Fury doesn't come to break Compu-Clinch records he comes to win.

Fury will win this fight because he is a more dangerous fighter and a more driven one. He has more heart and he has an animal instinct to kill we haven't seen since Maidana and Margarito. Let me tell you how this fight goes.

Fury will feel Wlad out in the first round, test his speed, his reflexes, how he reacts to getting hit, while at the same time landing his own jab with relative ease, moving his feet, keeping his distance, staying a step ahead of Wlad. From the second round on, Fury will take the fight inside, leaving sharp, crisp, jabs for transitioning and reseting with pivots and roll outs. Wlad will be forced to fight inside because Fury is faster and has sledgehammers in both gloves, and knows when to change angles on an opponent. Wlad will attempt to clinch and will resort to fighting off the backfoot and attempt to counter a volley of fire breathing fists in a squadron of uppercuts, hooks, and straight rights, and when that doesn't work either, will stand his ground and trade leather for leather in hopes he can hurt Tyson and make him take a step back. The sixth to the tenth rounds will be a war, but a war inside a phone booth. The fight doesn't go the distance. Fury lands a hook to the body after landing an uppercut inside and follows it with a sharp hook before the ref steps in because Wlad was already falling from the body shot. Wlad makes the count and finishes the round but in the next round Fury jumps on him and forces him to the ropes where we mauls Wlad with a savage combination initiated by a straight left in the southpaw stance before the ref waves it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                How can Wlad have better bodywork when he's literally never thrown a body shot and Fury does so every fight?

Stamina and combination punching? Wlad doesn't throw combinations unless you think 1-2 is a combination and Fury's stamina stinks all over Wlad's. Very weird thing you've put there.

Fury literally throws twice as many shots a round as Wlad.
                wlad used to be a descent combination puncher before he changed his style after the kayo losses. he still sometimes shows flashes of it if he has an opponent hurt but fury definitely throws alot more of them and has the better gas tank. I agree with that

Comment

• Originally posted by Burt Saxby View Post
                  Chambers stood dead square in the centre of the ring vs Sam Peter and never even went down.
                  A fat middle weight took Peters 24 rounds.

Peter couldn't punch the cream of a cup cake.
                  peter's power was always overrated to a degree prior to the wlad fight but to say he didnt have power would be ridiculous. he was very strong and heavy handed but didnt have good accuracy. chambers and toney for not being true heavyweights had good chins and deflected punches well. he did drop toney with a jab and hurt him on a few occasions. toney was quoted as saying peter was the hardest hitting fighter he faced. he was no foreman or shavers but he sure as hell wasnt featherfisted either

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                    I have read some rather interesting as well as some hilarious things on this thread and I figured I would respond. I should have taken notes but what the hell I will at least attempt to hit on a few.

I have read that Fury will be a stylistic nightmare for Wlad. When in reality Fury wasn't even a stylistic nightmare for a fighter that he outweighed by forty pounds and who also happened to be six inches shorter then he was.

I also read that when Cunningham knocked down down Fury that it was just a flash knockdown. The fact is Fury did not get right up and when he did he spent most of the rest of the 2nd round with his back against the ropes while trying to tie up Steve. Does that sound like someone who had experienced a flash knock down?

Steve was also at times actually out boxing the much bigger man and he was also still wining the fight on the cards when it was stopped. And it isn't as if this is ancient history in Fury's career. Because in reality the fight was relatively recent in Fury's career.

I also read that the Chisora-Haye fight was competitive. The only thing I recall was a highly pissed off Haye beating the absolute snot out of Chisora. I have also watched it several times and my opinion of the fight still hasn't changed.

I also read that Chisora was on the best streak of his career before he fought Fury the second time. I almost fell off my chair on that one. And why?

Chisora had five fights between the Haye and the Fury fights in a ten month span. That was two years ago. He did in fact win those five fights. But who was it it that he fought?

Those five fighters are now ranked as follows, 2353, 24, 1180, 1131 and 63rd in the world. Dang, I honestly didn't even know that the ratings went that high. Need I say more?

I also read that Wilder somehow gets little to no credit for beating Stiverne. And why? Because Stiverne did little to nothing during the fight, which is true. However, what else is true is the fact that one of Fury's best opponents also did the same thing.

As in Chisora did nothing but follow Fury around the ring while throwing an occasional wild punch. So in fairness due to the fact that Stiverne and Chisora did nothing huge question marks should remain for both Fury and Wilder.

I also read that its a big deal that Fury can switch between Southpaw and orthodox with little to no effort. My question is who was he fighting when he was doing this and doesn't that make a difference?

In my opinion Fury could have fought Chisora the second time with one his hands taped to his side while also wearing an eye patch over one eye. Again he did nothing and why? I honestly believe that Haye broke Chisora.

I also read that Wlad looked old in the Jennings fight. Why? Because once again Wlad dominated a smaller fighter that had no interest in attempting to engage with him.

In my opinion he fought Jennings no differently then how he fought Ibragimov, Haye and even Chambers up until the 12th round. Wlad also went after Jennings in the 12th round and rung his bell. And if you look at the statistics all of those fighters also out landed Wlad in power punches and he was still able to dominated them.

I also find it amusing that things that occurred in the not so distant past of Fury's career seem to get discounted. But yet events that happened in one of Wlad's fights as far back as when Fury was a snot nosed ten year old still seem to matter and carry weight.

I also read that a Pulev jab that slightly wobbled Wlad means so much. But once again Fury getting dropped by feather fisted Cunningham somehow gets discounted as Fury just joking around or it was just a flash knockdown.

I even read that it was the most perfect punch that Cunningham ever threw. So then isn't also possible that the Pulev jab was the best one he ever threw? I cannot possibly be the only one that sees the utter hypocrisy in this horse5hit can I?

I also read that Fury's size will be a major factor. I have to ask for who? Because when I have watched Wlad fight he seems to simply fight better and is actually even meaner when he fights bigger guys.

In closing I will say that it can at times be frustrating to be a Wlad fan. And why? Because I believe that he doesn't care if he is in a boring fight he will just do what he has to to win. And I believe he will win simply because I don't believe Fury as done anything of any substance to truly prepare himself for the challenge. But in fairness to Fury if trash talking really counted it would be a different story indeed!
                    There's so much wrong with this post it's hard to know where to begin or end.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                      Have you noticed that many of the Fury haters on here seem to know f*** all about boxing? The posters who think that Fury has a chance are coming here and giving logical and informative information about both fighters and hence giving their prediction of how the fight will go down.

Meanwhile the majority of the haters seem to be like "ZOMG FURY IS A ****IN BUM, WLADS GONNA KO HIM IN 10 SECONDS FLAT LOLZ"
                      alot of posters that dont know boxing well miss some of the subtle things fury does well. personally I think this fight will be alot like wlad vs thompson 1 but more exciting as fury throws more than thompson,,,takes more risks and has better stamina. thompson did win a few rounds and it took a while for wlad to figure him out. fury is a dangerous fight for him

Comment

Working...
                      X