Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well having just listened to this from Mick Hennessy: http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...n-in-glove-row

I believe that as long as the correct Paffen gloves are given to team Fury then its not a problem. However, if they can't give him the gloves and he has to wear the ones where his thumb feels like it may dislocate then it will be a problem and he should not fight under them circumstances. But surely Paffen can issue him with gloves that fit in time? Any ideas when we will know the outcome of all this crap?

Comment

• Just let Fury wear his gloves you bunch of absolute *******.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
        Just let Fury wear his gloves you bunch of absolute *******.
        Yup its pretty annoying. What will the governing body do if Paffen haven't sent the replacement gloves in time? Would they allow Fury to wear his Reyes gloves?

Comment

• This kind of stuff is why everyone hates Klitschko. The guy has physical advantages over pretty much everyone, and is about to face a massive 4-1 underdog, and yet still cries about gloves.

At least when Mayweather pulled this rubbish he was facing guys naturally a lot bigger than him. There's no excuse for Wladimir.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
            This kind of stuff is why everyone hates Klitschko. The guy has physical advantages over pretty much everyone, and is about to face a massive 4-1 underdog, and yet still cries about gloves.

At least when Mayweather pulled this rubbish he was facing guys naturally a lot bigger than him. There's no excuse for Wladimir.
            He's also 40.

3 days man! Excited as hell

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
              Would be around 10 pm GMT.
              Bernd said 22:00 when speaking German in the Monday presser, so I'm presuming it would be 9 pm UK time.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Povetkin was totally out of shape! Look at him now vs then. Different animal all together. Haye definitely wasn't in his best shape, but he was in good shape.

I struggle to see how Mormeck came in the best shape of his career? That's just a ridiculous statement.

Wach, Pianeta, Pulev... Some of the worst challengers for the title in 30 years.

Mormeck of course being THE worst. Alongside Leapai and Rahman in 2007.
                Povetkin was not totally out of shape no, he just wasn't in his best shape. That doesn't change the fact that he is very athletic.

Man, David Haye was in tremendous shape ! He never was as fast and as alert as a HW !

Mormeck didn't have an ounce of extra-fat.

I would certainly not call Pulev one of the worst title challengers in 30 years, certainly not.

Comment

• I think this is a fight where we'll know pretty quickly about Fury's shot, presuming it isn't an early finish. I think whether Fury can handle Klitschko's jab will be a primary factor. Klitschko's big right hand and lefthook are obviously big concerns as well.

There are things Fury does that might pose challenges to Klitschko though as well. I think how Fury deals with Klitschko's jab will be the first thing I'm looking for though. After that, perhaps how Fury takes his power.

I am wondering if Fury's movement just could pose a challenge for Klitschko, also.

Comment

• Tyson Fury 1 Wladimir Klitschko 0: British giant wins battle over gloves ahead of world title showdown

Tyson Fury has won the fight before his world heavyweight title fight with Wladimir Klitschko and will have the gloves he wants.

Fury's brinkmanship in threatening to pull out of the biggest night of his life unnerved the champion's camp and the desired version of the gloves will be delivered at the rules meeting following Friday's weigh-in.

Fury's manager Mick Hennessy said: 'They were messing us about big time and if we hadn't made a public fuss with that row at the press conference the gloves wouldn't have materialised.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...#ixzz3sW0yOQ3m
                    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                      Bernd said 22:00 when speaking German in the Monday presser, so I'm presuming it would be 9 pm UK time.
                      bloody hell that seems really early for a ppv fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X