power: Fury
    star power: Fury
    experience: Wlad
    work ethic: Wlad
    chin: Fury
    better bodywork: Fury
    more effective hooks: Fury
    NSB draw power: Fury

I have Fury taking his jab away in the early rounds, pressuring him, and forcing the fight inside, then systematically breaking him down to a late stoppage in the 10th, in a FOTY candidate.

What say you?

UPDATE

Fight is now official for October 24th, Dusseldorf, Germany/Alemania/Deutchland
    You are completely wrong with these:

Defense: Fury -- what?? Have you even watched Wlad over the last 5 or 6 years? He has worked like hell on his defense and it is probably the best in the division right now. Meanwhile Fury eats clean shots almost every fight.

adaptability: Fury -- Based on what? Wlad has been able to adapt to a vast number of styles and has consistently come out on top. Fury has adapted to fat chisora and shot chisora.

power: Fury -- Probably your worst call of the lot. I suppose Eddie Chambers has more power than Wilder? Wlad has MASSIVELY more power than Fury.

more effective hooks: Fury -- Check out second round of Wlad v Povetkin or watch Wlad v Pulev (both better opponents than fury has ever faced) and say that again with a straight face.

The likes of heart and chin which you give to Fury are both questionable at best.

Also why did you include silly things like Star Power (Wlad is by far the bigger draw anyway) and NSB draw power (there are far more posts and threads about Wlad) and proceed to give them to Fury too?

I think Wlad will catch him early with something big. Dominate the next round or so (if Fury survives that) and then catch him again and knock him spark out. Fury is too easy to hit and is not fast enough to avoid Wlad's bombs and does not have Wach's chin. He's going down.
    Last edited by Daddy T; 11-14-2015, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Sounds like Fury has studied Wladimir in detail.

Still, he'll be surprised by the speed and powert of the champ come fight night.
      I rewatched Chisora vs Fury rematch and still see the same Fury from 3 years previous, no major leaps. When Chisora is actually applying himself in the first round or two Fury looks uncomfortable as he did versus Cunningham and Rogan, motioning backwards in straight lines generally looking clumsy really, the footwork on the retreat as Chisora tries put it on him early is quite poor actually and his balance clearly is not the greatest in these moments. Now I'm not sure at what point Chisora decided he'd had enough but I think it was his motivation and conditioning which let him down as it always has done previously, Fury was allowed to coast for the final seven rounds, he quite literally fought at a pace Chisora was comfortable with, Fury appeared somewhat happy to fight in one gear higher than his opponent never really needing to step on it at any point.

I now most certainly consider the Fury win over Cunningham his best win, although it was controversial and most likely should have earned Fury a DQ he was impressive in his ability to overcome the adversity which saw him losing on the cards to the pillow fisted Cunningham who really could not make an impact at the weight before resigning himself to having to go back to cruiser.

I think their is a lot of genuine concern and fear from Fury fans and they would prefer talk of the USS fight to be silenced as deep down they know what Fury had to do to win that fight, cheat. Fury really only has faced a single challenge since that fight in Hammer, who lets be honest never really came to win but to cash in, or at least I would like to hope he was paid well after having been hand selected by Fury's handlers to turn up but not pose any significant danger to their cash cow. These Fury fans are beginning to sound as insecure as Fury, they react in the same way Fury does when he is nervous and insecure, they simply talk more.

I notice in the gloves are off when Wlad begins to talk and Fury does not like what he is hearing as it first begins he looks uncomfortable, the man is more at ease talking than having to listen to the champion talk, he knows he is being ridiculed and is visibly unnerved, from that moment on he is unrelenting and rarely pauses for breath. It is actually quite fun to watch the video, as Fury demands that they allow him to talk I thought these moments were the most telling, he simply did not want to hear certain what was being said rather present a question himself. Wlad is his usual self as he clearly points out to Nelsen,' I'm me' then Fury says 'I'm unpredictable' I'm other words he is acting whereas Wlad is being himself as he was in the presser minutes earlier.

Fury is wavering like a flapping flag in a dying wind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy T View Post

Defense: Fury -- what?? Have you even watched Wlad over the last 5 or 6 years? He has worked like hell on his defense and it is probably the best in the division right now. Meanwhile Fury eats clean shots almost every fight.

adaptability: Fury -- Based on what? Wlad has been able to adapt to a vast number of styles and has consistently come out on top.

power: Fury -- Probably your worst call of the lot. I suppose Eddie Chambers has more power than Wilder? Wlad has MASSIVELY more power than Fury.

more effective hooks: Fury -- Check out second round of Wlad v Povetkin or watch Wlad v Pulev (both better opponents than fury has ever faced) and say that again with a straight face.

The likes of heart and chin which you give to Fury are both questionable at best.

Also why did you include silly things like Star Power (Wlad is by far the bigger draw anyway) and NSB draw power (there are far more posts and threads about Wlad) and proceed to give them to Fury too?u

I think Wlad will catch him early with something big. Dominate the next round or so (if Fury survives that) and then catch him again and knock him spark out. Fury is too easy to hit and is not fast enough to avoid Wlad's bombs and does not have Wach's chin. He's going down.
        They've been a source of comedy for a long time now, if you actually go through the evolution of this thread, and when they've been multi quoted they've actually edited here and there, though they still make for hilarious reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          Honestly, I was expecting something very different from Gloves are off.
          I was thinking Fury had better of Wlad, make him look uncomfortable or something.. People were saying this for weeks.
          I didn't see any of that!

Wlad was composed, calmed and measured as always. Fury was the one who was hyped trying to put across some questionable points (like the sauna thing...)
          Wlad actually got to Tyson quite more with the Haye's comment when he said Haye would knock him out. Tyson was genially jittery, not pretending to be.

Whatever was the reason Wlad proposed the fight, this aint one!

IMO Wlad came across better. Wlad is a smart man, he knows how to play the games. I think proposing the fight was just to show that it is Wlad's show after all.
          Well me too, apparently on boxing scene 'word on the street' was Wlad took a verbal battering and was that scared he had to get back to Germany.

Lmao.

Wlad was what he always has been and always will be, senseable. Fury was what he always has been, an insecure wild man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
            I rewatched Chisora vs Fury rematch and still see the same Fury from 3 years previous, no major leaps. When Chisora is actually applying himself in the first round or two Fury looks uncomfortable as he did versus Cunningham and Rogan, motioning backwards in straight lines generally looking clumsy really, the footwork on the retreat as Chisora tries put it on him early is quite poor actually and his balance clearly is not the greatest in these moments. Now I'm not sure at what point Chisora decided he'd had enough but I think it was his motivation and conditioning which let him down as it always has done previously, Fury was allowed to coast for the final seven rounds, he quite literally fought at a pace Chisora was comfortable with, Fury appeared somewhat happy to fight in one gear higher than his opponent never really needing to step on it at any point.

I now most certainly consider the Fury win over Cunningham his best win, although it was controversial and most likely should have earned Fury a DQ he was impressive in his ability to overcome the adversity which saw him losing on the cards to the pillow fisted Cunningham who really could not make an impact at the weight before resigning himself to having to go back to cruiser.

I think their is a lot of genuine concern and fear from Fury fans and they would prefer talk of the USS fight to be silenced as deep down they know what Fury had to do to win that fight, cheat. Fury really only has faced a single challenge since that fight in Hammer, who lets be honest never really came to win but to cash in, or at least I would like to hope he was paid well after having been hand selected by Fury's handlers to turn up but not pose any significant danger to their cash cow. These Fury fans are beginning to sound as insecure as Fury, they react in the same way Fury does when he is nervous and insecure, they simply talk more.

I notice in the gloves are off when Wlad begins to talk and Fury does not like what he is hearing as it first begins he looks uncomfortable, the man is more at ease talking than having to listen to the champion talk, he knows he is being ridiculed and is visibly unnerved, from that moment on he is unrelenting and rarely pauses for breath. It is actually quite fun to watch the video, as Fury demands that they allow him to talk I thought these moments were the most telling, he simply did not want to hear certain what was being said rather present a question himself. Wlad is his usual self as he clearly points out to Nelsen,' I'm me' then Fury says 'I'm unpredictable' I'm other words he is acting whereas Wlad is being himself as he was in the presser minutes earlier.

Fury is wavering like a flapping flag in a dying wind.
            Good post.

I noticed the same as you pointed out about talking out of turn. Firstly Fury demands for both the interviewer and Vladimir to keep silent and listen to him... Then only to babble like a child later on when Vlad is trying to get points across.

Vlad 1 Fury 0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy T View Post

adaptability: Fury -- Based on what? Wlad has been able to adapt to a vast number of styles and has consistently come out on top.
              What defense are you referring to? Wlad has no defense at all outside of his illegal roughhousing tactics. He's stiff as a board with zero upperbody/head movement. No ability whatsoever to roll, slip and parry shots. He just tries to get off first with the jab and right hand then lean all over the opponent. Defense is about avoiding contact, not engaging in it. Having this taken away from by a ref renders him a punching bag as seen against journeyman Brewster. Fury in his development has at least shown a semblance of defense.

Fury has shown the ability to adapt. He can change his style to work on the inside, outside, fight orthodox, southpaw, lead, counterpunch. Wlad has "adapted" over the years by perfecting his Judo skills. Sure he has fought many styles and it's amazing how many different styles of schiet, old and past it he has managed to drag out of the abyss. And even against the worst of the bunch he still has to resort to the same fouling clinching tactics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                I don't think it was weird. Look behind the ring (Fury-Haye). Haye made a very similar comment. It is about that sometimes it doesn't matter what you believe. There are facts - and the fact is if there is someone better than you he will beat you.

I can't agree. Wlad gave me an impression as his HR is around 40.. while Fury was a bit jittery shaking his leg half the interview. Well it is subjective.. but it is honestly how I saw it.

That laugh when Wlad said David would KO him was forced and a bit awkward and the comment obviously pissed him of, IMO.

One more thing - Wlad never really go too deep in discussing the abilities of his opponents. And I like that. IMO that's the champ's mentality. When you are the champ it is about you. Let the other analyse you and figure out what they need to do win the fight. Of course Wlad studies Fury, but no need to talk about it.
                I thought Fury was more salient on the Haye thing.

It started when Fury said, 'name one opponent of yours I couldn't beat'. The point being Fury could be the best opponent Wlad. has fought to date.

When you look at Wlad's record, there are certainly guys that could probably give Fury a fight, but frankly nobody I would definitively favor over him.

Fury coming back with, 'he pulled out of two fights with me, despite all the money he would have made, and thin retired.'

That round goes to Fury on my card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                  I thought Fury was more salient on the Haye thing.

It started when Fury said, 'name one opponent of yours I couldn't beat'. The point being Fury could be the best opponent Wlad. has fought to date.

When you look at Wlad's record, there are certainly guys that could probably give Fury a fight, but frankly nobody I would definitively favor over him.

Fury coming back with, 'he pulled out of two fights with me, despite all the money he would have made, and thin retired.'

That round goes to Fury on my card.
                  I do rate Fury very highly, but he needs to proves that. He didn't really show anything extraordinary yet. Same goes for Joshua, but only time will tell.

I do rate many Wlad's opponents over Fury, but that doesn't mean I would choose them to beat Fury. I wouldn't choose many HOF HW to beat Fury. But that's only an opinion atm, nothing more.

We will see the best Fury in Wlad's fight and that will be the measure.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post

Vlad 1 Fury 0.
                    I'm thinking Vlad is just superior in these scenarios, as anyone will tell you, talk is cheap. Fury can talk and talk until his nervous energy is all but burnt out and expired, he is still the same ole dufus, fcuk witted imbecile albeit a rich one after he's had his ass sodomized. The fact when it comes to the fight and the talk comes to an end, that's the only real importance and significance that will be telling.

Fury has attempted to unsettle and unnerve the champion from before this fight was even sanctioned, I feel it is a desperate act, as Haye attempted anything and everything, when he was telling the champ 'you can't knock me out' trying to draw him out, to come out of his methodical style as so that he could take advantage of it and hope to nail him with a fight ending big punch, unfortunately that simply is not something Fury possesses, as evidenced in his fights versus the C level Chisora and Hammer.

Fury is in the big league now, he knows it and he knows his opponent knows it. It's perfectly understandable for him to be exhibiting the behaviour he is. I feel he is in no way prepared for this fight, Haye went out to Germany against Valuev, and scraped through, he fought the big man and irked out a decison, Fury has always fought in the comfort of his own promoters cards with the exception of the USS fights and we all saw what happened there, no need to revisit that fight as I know Fury fans do not like discussing his last real testing fight against the pillow fisted cruiser.

Comment

• Attributes

Speed: Fury
                      Power: Wlad
                      Stamina: Wlad (Been the distance or in late rounds with top opposition)
                      Ring IQ: Wlad
                      Footwork: Wlad
                      Heart: Fury (hes a fighting man )
                      Experience: Wlad
                      Chin: Even

Comment

Working...
                      X