No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Jennings is a level above anything Fury has fought before. See how poor Fury's opposition is now you've listed it? At least compared to other contenders out there who have mixed it with each other. You couldn't honestly say Fury is deserving of a world title shot based off any of his wins.
    Based on what exactly? You were the one mentioning resumes. Does Jennings have a better resume than Chisora? No. Does he have a better resume than Fury? Definitely not. So I'm just questioning your logic there.

Which contenders have mixed it with each other?

Wilder has 2 wins, one against Scott who Chisora already beat.

Pulev: Dimitrenko, Ustinov and 45 year old TT.

Haye: Audley Harrison, John Ruiz, Valuev

Jennings: Mike Perez

Chagaev: no one

Povetkin has beaten some decent names, but even he isn't fighting the other top 10 guys.

So i'm just struggling to see who exactly is fighting other contenders and who is fighting better opposition than Fury, other than Povetkin.

Comment

Fury will forever be open for that overhand right
      Simply not true. Watch the Hammer fight, watch Chisora II.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        So i'm just struggling to see who exactly is fighting other contenders and who is fighting better opposition than Fury, other than Povetkin.
        Deontay Wilder
        Kubrat Pulev
        Slav Glazkov

Tony Thompson has fought better opposition in the past few years compared to Fury. Joseph Parker damn near has a better resume than Fury, Szpilka isn't too far behind either.

That's the sort of resume Fury has - one with the likes of the Abells and Johnsons of this world. Gatekeepers. Chisora was a contender 2 years ago now.

Chisora's best wins are; Malik Scott (contender), Ed Gerber (EU level, lost to Sprott)

Jennings best wins are; Mike Perez (contender), Artur Szpilka (contender)

Can't see how you can make a case for Chisora to be honest.

Comment

• None of the top ten outside of Povetkin has a solid resume. It's all mostly one or two big names and a whole lot of filler. One thing counting in Fury's favour however: all of his big wins have been emphatic and against proven opposition. Cunningham and Chisora might not have the most impressive records on paper but they've been around the block, and have between them fought the majority of top guys the sport has to offer. Chisora's competitive showing against Vitali is considerably more meaningful than Jennings's win against Szpilka for instance, or Wilder's win against Stiverne. As for Cunningham, he's been robbed more times than a frontier bank, and has never in his career, aside from the Fury fight, been flat out beaten down and dominated. Those two wins tell us more about Fury's level than any number of close and iffy decisions against bigger name fighters like Stiverne and Perez.

Comment

Deontay Wilder
            Kubrat Pulev
            Slav Glazkov
            That's a joke mate. Who has Deontay fought that's head and shoulders above Fury? Stiverne? Only decent wins over Arreola, highly overrated and proven to struggle against taller fighters (see Ray Austin). Scott? Possible dive and already beaten by Chisora who was abused by Fury twice. Lyakhovich? Completely shot and shopworn. Audley? I don't need to go there.

Pulev has a decent claim, but his best win, Thompson, has had some of the lustre taken out of it by Thompson's subsequent losses to Takam and Scott, plus Price's knockout to Teper. Dimitrenko was (like Gerber) beaten by Sprott, only he was lucky enough to get the official win. He has consistently proven himself to be utterly average, as struggles over Sosnowski (FFS!) and a lopsided loss to Chambers have shown. Ustinov might be decent but it's hardly something to shout about at this stage.

As for Glazkov, now I know you're trolling. Who's Glazkov's best win? Adamek. Utterly shot and already dominated by Cunningham whom you no doubt think is a feather fisted joke (in fact you've stated as much). Who else? God knows. He was dominated by Scott, which proves he's a level below Chisora, struggled with Cunningham who was already KOed by Fury FFS. Do you honestly think before posting? You couldn't have picked a worse example if you tried.

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Tony Thompson has fought better opposition in the past few years compared to Fury.
            That's true. As have Chisora and Cunningham. See where this is going?

Joseph Parker damn near has a better resume than Fury, Szpilka isn't too far behind either. That's the sort of resume Fury has - one with the likes of the Abells and Johnsons of this world. Gatekeepers. Chisora was a contender 2 years ago now.
            Not really worth responding to this point. Utterly idiotic.

Chisora's best wins are; Malik Scott (contender), Ed Gerber (EU level, lost to Sprott)
            You forget Helenius. Plus you neglect to mention that Scott has wins over both Glazkov and Thompson, whom you were extolling above. Again, do you even think before you post?

Jennings best wins are; Mike Perez (contender), Artur Szpilka (contender)
            Perez: decent but the fight was close and could have been a draw.

Szpilka: utterly unproven, best win is shopworn Adamek. Proven glass jaw.

Can't see how you can make a case for Chisora to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Of course you can't, because you're an idiot. Your whole post is easier to dissect than a month old corpse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
              None of the top ten outside of Povetkin has a solid resume. It's all mostly one or two big names and a whole lot of filler. One thing counting in Fury's favour however: all of his big wins have been emphatic and against proven opposition. Cunningham and Chisora might not have the most impressive records on paper but they've been around the block, and have between them fought the majority of top guys the sport has to offer. Chisora's competitive showing against Vitali is considerably more meaningful than Jennings's win against Szpilka for instance, or Wilder's win against Stiverne. As for Cunningham, he's been robbed more times than a frontier bank, and has never in his career, aside from the Fury fight, been flat out beaten down and dominated. Those two wins tell us more about Fury's level than any number of close and iffy decisions against bigger name fighters like Stiverne and Perez.

Chisora was shot to pieces. Vitali and Haye had knocked the life out of him.

Unless, of course, you're referring to Fury-Chisora I, which, frankly, reflects poorly on both.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                lol at Wlad fans claiming that Bryant Jennings is some kind of elite fighter. The dude was literally a janitor a few years ago.
                Jennings is a good fighter, but he hasn't proven himself to be head and shoulders above anyone in the top five. His struggle against Perez puts him at a similar level to guys like Takam and Chisora, though his competitive showing against Wlad knocks him up a notch. He's a better fighter at this stage than Wilder, or at least a more proven commodity.

A fight with Fury would be fun, though I have no doubts that Fury would win. His biggest wins are just so much more dominant and emphatic than Jennings's.

Comment

• As annoying and full of himself Fury is I would still say he does have some good qualities as a fighter and he's a dangerous opponent for any heavyweight.

Fury seems to have great stamina for such a big guy. He's very tall, has youth on his side, has a great reach and moves well, especially for such a big guy. He appears to be someone who won't stop trying to win a fight, even in a losing cause. But I haven't really seen Fury getting beat up so I can't be sure about that just yet. When Cunningham dropped him Fury got up and seemed pissed. He's a bit psycho, and that can be a good thing if he's getting beat up and frustrated ....or it can get him into big trouble and he can get himself KO'ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    Chisora was shot to pieces. Vitali and Haye had knocked the life out of him.

Unless, of course, you're referring to Fury-Chisora I, which, frankly, reflects poorly on both.
                    What proof do you have that Chisora was 'shot to pieces'? He was coming off a five fight win streak for God's sake, including a knockout of Scott who has subsequently gone on to dominate Leapai and Tony Thompson (not to mention his schooling of Glazkov). If that's shot to pieces then what on earth was Chisora in his prime? Something fierce I reckon, which would render Fury's first win over him even more meaningful.

Seriously, prove to me with examples how Chisora was shot when Fury fought him second time round. I'd love to see your argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                      As annoying and full of himself Fury is I would still say he does have some good qualities as a fighter and he's a dangerous opponent for any heavyweight.

Fury seems to have great stamina for such a big guy. He's very tall, has youth on his side, has a great reach and moves well, especially for such a big guy. He appears to be someone who won't stop trying to win a fight, even in a losing cause. But I haven't really seen Fury getting beat up so I can't be sure about that just yet. When Cunningham dropped him Fury got up and seemed pissed. He's a bit psycho, and that can be a good thing if he's getting beat up and frustrated ....or it can get him into big trouble and he can get himself KO'ed.
                      He was getting beaten up by Big Fat McDoughnut early in his career before getting the stoppage, and had a few hairy moments against Firtha as well. He's been through the fire and proven his mettle several times round.
                      Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 11-12-2015, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X