No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
    I agree that Vlad overclinched for some reason. I don't think Povetkin was a bigger threat than Haye on the night. It was like Vlad respected Povetkin too much, he became over-careful and it made for an ugly fight.
    Wlad just wasnt on his game and did what he had to do. Still doesn't take away that he made it very very ugly.

Povetkin though. He made me a fan that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Wlad just wasnt on his game and did what he had to do. Still doesn't take away that he made it very very ugly.

Povetkin though. He made me a fan that night.
      Povetkin's the real deal. Next year could be big for him. Hopefully they can make the Wilder fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
        Povetkin's the real deal. Next year could be big for him. Hopefully they can make the Wilder fight.
        I fully expect him to flatten Wilder.

I thought Wilder could win, but based on his last two performances and Povetkin's recent form, I would imagine Povetkin does him badly.

Comment

• Yeah and unfortunately that's why we will never see Wilder fight Povetkin.

Wilder will never fight a guy he knows has him beat particularly if that guy is a Russian.

I doubt if his WBC bosses would even allow it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
            If a lesser , slower , older , lighter hitting version of Fury caused prime best ever Wlad all sorts of problems for 11 rounds , but fast , youthful , dynamic , awkward Fury to some here has no chance against an older Wlad?? ok

There is a strong possibility that Wlad will find a way out of this fight again.
            LOL Nobody has ever caused Wlad any real problems, even the guys who BEAT him, bar just one, Sanders, and I KNOW your not talking about him as there's no similarity at all.

So who the hell are you referring to for a laugh??

As for your prediction of Wlad maybe pulling out inferring fear.. That's a bullcrap prophecy since there is always a decent chance someone will pull out injured or other legit reason at this level of boxing, it's a blood sport after all, particularly since he's already been injured, only increasing his susceptibility.

You will go on to claim in that event that you "called it" all along as if you had some great insight when overwhelmingly likely you just made a fairly safe call with no reputation at stake if it didn't come true.

Your a dog poster mate, always have been a nut bag and always have been a lunatic to boot.

Trash bag!

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
              That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I find Wach's skills rather mediocre.

I don't put him in the same class with Fury, at all.

That's one of the intrigues about this fight.

We are use to Wlad. fighting smaller opponents, with the exception of Wach.

Wlad. is now fighting another bigger guy, and imo Fury is much better than Wach.
              Um, I like the cut of your gib on this one so I'll spare you profanity..

But what you may not realise is that Wladimir Klitshko, bar noone at all, has in fact faced the biggest overall opponents on record of absolutely ANY boxer of ALL time. And I mean from the dawn on the sport through to today, nobody has ever faced such strong and gigantic boxers.

Sure, it's true that Wladimir has on average fought boxers shorter than himself, but that's because Wlad is so tall himself obviously.. It's a given. But these guys who did fight taller than self fighters more often still fought shorter on an absolute scale! As for weight, well Wlad's average opponent weight is nearly 240, the heaviest ever and he is outweighed almost as often as he himself outweighs, highly unusually for a champ.

Just something to consider because here the facts actually challenge the intuition.

On Wach compared to Fury:

Fury of course has several advantages over Wach, no doubt! And we both know what they really are...

However you have totally neglected Wach's stronger points..

Fury is faster, a slight bit longer and can produce some more fluid combinations and has more mobility.

Fury has no clear advantage in reflexes and general coordination and quite possibly is more lacking. He also has developed a plan for fighting smaller than self fighters exclusively.

Wach is FAR stronger than Fury, far more powerful and has a chin so hard he'd barely be able to feel Fury.

He is also a far more technically correct boxer with cleaner and more tactial skills than Fury who is basically a brawler.

Wach has underrated skills, not great but certainly much better than given credit for and allied to his other qualities makes him a difficult opponent for anybody.

Many of the guys on the Wach/Povetkin thread indirectly admit this without knowing it. They claim Povetkin to be the 2nd best HW in the world which I agree with and then go on to claim Wach will be a tough fight, thus showing that Wach is far better than hype would suggest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post

But what you may not realise is that Wladimir Klitshko, bar noone at all, has in fact faced the biggest overall opponents on record of absolutely ANY boxer of ALL time. And I mean from the dawn on the sport through to today, nobody has ever faced such strong and gigantic boxers.

Sure, it's true that Wladimir has on average fought boxers shorter than himself, but that's because Wlad is so tall himself obviously.. It's a given. But these guys who did fight taller than self fighters more often still fought shorter on an absolute scale! As for weight, well Wlad's average opponent weight is nearly 240, the heaviest ever and he is outweighed almost as often as he himself outweighs, highly unusually for a champ.

Just something to consider because here the facts actually challenge the intuition.

Fury of course has several advantages over Wach, no doubt! And we both know what they really are...

Fury is faster, a slight bit longer and can produce some more fluid combinations and has more mobility.

Fury has no clear advantage in reflexes and general coordination and quite possibly is more lacking. He also has developed a plan for fighting smaller than self fighters exclusively.

Wach is FAR stronger than Fury, far more powerful and has a chin so hard he'd barely be able to feel Fury.

He is also a far more technically correct boxer with cleaner and more tactial skills than Fury who is basically a brawler.

Wach has underrated skills, not great but certainly much better than given credit for and allied to his other qualities makes him a difficult opponent for anybody.

Many of the guys on the Wach/Povetkin thread indirectly admit this without knowing it. They claim Povetkin to be the 2nd best HW in the world which I agree with and then go on to claim Wach will be a tough fight, thus showing that Wach is far better than hype would suggest.
                Lol, I thought it was just a troll act, but it seems you are just a racist nutbag.

Wladimer has the best resume of all time?

El motherfucking Oh motherfucking El.

Wladimer couldn't compete in Ali's era.

Lewis would have murdered him.

He has dominated the weakest division in memory.

He is a formidable fighter, but not anywhere close to the best ever.

The best resume?

Oh wow, I had a laugh on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post

Fury is far from being brawler. Watched his fights against Chisora and Hammer. He looks like outboxer. If he decides to brawl he would be on canvas a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post

Fury is far from being brawler. Watched his fights against Chisora and Hammer. He looks like outboxer. If he decides to brawl he would be on canvas a lot.
                    Fury can box or brawl.

The Fury 2.0 of today is a masterful boxer, but early in his career, he brawled through all his opponents, usually because he didn't bother training properly and simply used his natural talent to get through the fights.

As for Elroy claiming that Wach is more technically proficient than Fury. LOLOLOLOLOL.

I'm tempted to go through his old posts when he was bigging up Fury as the second best HW on the planet, and Wladimir's best ever opponent.
                    Last edited by denium; 11-03-2015, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                      Fury can box or brawl.

The Fury 2.0 of today is a masterful boxer, but early in his career, he brawled through all his opponents, usually because he didn't bother training properly and simply used his natural talent to get through the fights.

As for Elroy claiming that Wach is more technically proficient than Fury. LOLOLOLOLOL.

I'm tempted to go through his old posts when he was bigging up Fury as the second best HW on the planet, and Wladimir's best ever opponent.
                      Wouldn't go that far. Time will show. Wach definetely would be Fury's toughest opponent to date!

Comment

Working...
                      X