No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    Notice how he gives himself room for retraction , 'if he beats him impressively'.

Pulev is a level above Fury, also been fighting above the level Fury has beem fighting at and yet these losers can't credit Wlad for ko'ing Pulev.you really believe credit will be dispensed when Wlad destroys Fury ? No, me neither.
    Beats him in general. Fine. I've been vocal about the chances of Fury before this fight was even talked about as a realistic option. And I stand by that. It is you who have already previous to the fight happening, discredited Wlads potential win by saying Fury is a bum. So how can you say Wlad should get credit? You have slated every person in this thread who believes Fury has a shot. So you have no room at all to ask for credit for a potential win.

I have maintained that if Wlad wins he should be given a lot of credit for it. That's just my view on the matter.

Pulev is certainly not a level above Fury and I don't get how he's fought at a higher level. That makes no sense at all. He's absolutely terrible and does nothing better than completely ordinary.

Comment

Notice how he gives himself room for retraction , 'if he beats him impressively'.

Pulev is a level above Fury, also been fighting above the level Fury has beem fighting at and yet these losers can't credit Wlad for ko'ing Pulev.you really believe credit will be dispensed when Wlad destroys Fury ? No, me neither.
      Hopefully, I sense more Brits bigging Fury up than they did Haye... The British slated Haye after his pathetic performance. Hopefully the same crowd will give Vlad credit if he beats Fury in fashion, they ought to anyway.

But I think the Fury fight will be good, Fury is coming to win, unlike too many Vlad foes who end up in defense mode when they taste the power Vladimir has.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
        Hopefully, I sense more Brits bigging Fury up than they did Haye... The British slated Haye after his pathetic performance. Hopefully the same crowd will give Vlad credit if he beats Fury in fashion, they ought to anyway.

But I think the Fury fight will be good, Fury is coming to win, unlike too many Vlad foes who end up in defense mode when they taste the power Vladimir has.
        Fury will be no different from the rest, once he tastes the power of the jab alone his tail will be as limp and performance as abject as Haye's was.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Beats him in general. Fine. I've been vocal about the chances of Fury before this fight was even talked about as a realistic option. And I stand by that. It is you who have already previous to the fight happening, discredited Wlads potential win by saying Fury is a bum. So how can you say Wlad should get credit? You have slated every person in this thread who believes Fury has a shot. So you have no room at all to ask for credit for a potential win.

I have maintained that if Wlad wins he should be given a lot of credit for it. That's just my view on the matter.

Pulev is certainly not a level above Fury and I don't get how he's fought at a higher level. That makes no sense at all. He's absolutely terrible and does nothing better than completely ordinary.
          You're on record with many Fury fans stating how you thought this fight would never happen, why ? I have no idea, maybe none of you actually believed Fury could win an actual final eliminator or maybe and the likeliest explanation you genuinely believed Wlad would vacate before facing Fury, lol, yeh funny I know. I couldn't actually type that without laughing.

Fury has been so carefully managed and matched his handlers deserve all the praise not Fury himself.

Comment

Fury will be no different from the rest, once he tastes the power of the jab alone his tail will be as limp and performance as abject as Haye's was.
            I really think you underestimate the fighting spirit of Fury. He might get KOd, but he'll go down fighting.

Comment

You're on record with many Fury fans stating how you thought this fight would never happen, why ? I have no idea, maybe none of you actually believed Fury could win an actual final eliminator or maybe and the likeliest explanation you genuinely believed Wlad would vacate before facing Fury, lol, yeh funny I know. I couldn't actually type that without laughing.

Fury has been so carefully managed and matched his handlers deserve all the praise not Fury himself.
              Am I on record for saying that? I don't remember saying that. I've always said Wlad would fight who he needs to fight. He's proven that throughout his career. I don't remember saying Wlad would 'duck' Fury if that's what you're implying. I might have, but I don't remember it. I do think Wlad doesn't take hard voluntaries - Which has been proven. He hasn't taken a top rated voluntary since Chagaev if I'm not mistaken.

Fury has fought and won three title eliminators, so not sure what you're talking about.

He scheduled to fight Haye twice for non-title fights, not sure how that's careful management.

He was in 10 & 12 round fights sooner than any heavyweight of the most recent years incl. Wladimir Klitschko. He fought guys with 20+ wins almost immediately into his career. Compare that with any other heavyweight prospect incl. Wladimir Klitschko.

To say Fury has been carefully managed is simply not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Am I on record for saying that? I don't remember saying that. I've always said Wlad would fight who he needs to fight. He's proven that throughout his career. I don't remember saying Wlad would 'duck' Fury if that's what you're implying. I might have, but I don't remember it. I do think Wlad doesn't take hard voluntaries - Which has been proven. He hasn't taken a top rated voluntary since Chagaev if I'm not mistaken.

Fury has fought and won three title eliminators, so not sure what you're talking about.

He scheduled to fight Haye twice for non-title fights, not sure how that's careful management.

He was in 10 & 12 round fights sooner than any heavyweight of the most recent years incl. Wladimir Klitschko. He fought guys with 20+ wins almost immediately into his career. Compare that with any other heavyweight prospect incl. Wladimir Klitschko.

To say Fury has been carefully managed is simply not true.
                Did he voluntary elect to unify against Haye or was that an ordered unification, lol.

Fury has elected to avoid multiple 'final' eliminators, had he chosen to follow governing boby orders he would have likely have contended Vitali's vacated belt.

Fury has been the most protected fighters in the last few years, almost with disastrous consequences when he stepped out of the comfort of the UK, surprise surprise we did not see him venture out of the Isles since.

Haye vs Fury was the perfect example of his careful managing to those proposed dates, it would have been Fury's cashing out party, though I expect with the help of Warren and his ties with the WBO he could be rebuilt ala Chisora after his Haye defeat and compete in a title elimination.

Fury vs Klitschko is an intriguing match up, it'll be interesting to see if Wlad truly is on the decline, though I truly feel any version of Wlad from the past 10-11 years would easily handle Fury. I simply just do not hold Fury in that high regard, maybe I'm overlooking he is a potential ATG but I just don't see it. Fact is its gonna take a one supremely disciplined, power punching heavy who truly believes in himself, I recognise none of those qualities in Fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  Well, this is how the game operates today and works in no way particularly for the Bros. It goes for all (especially) top fighters, and not just in boxing. It's business (prize fighting) after all.

And Vlad has and does take on all comers - he never ducked anybody in his whole career, this is just a fact. I don't see Lewis being better in any way when it comes to fighting young, prime fighters with no or few defeats.

Vlad has said many times that it's the motivation to continue being champ, and his health which keeps him going. He could have retired years ago a very wealthy and successful man, he doesn't need to take risky fights any more. Fury is a risky fight, as is Wilder.
                  The game operates like that to a degree... If we created a scale some guys would fall squarely on self interest all the way down to guys who take on all commers, guys like Gatti was for example.

Vlad does not take on all commers. he sets up contracts that are beneficial to him and make it realistically impossible at times for the opposition. I don't want to go through their records again...I have posted this before, but if one looks at who Lewis fought and who Vlad fought there is a big difference... Briggs, Tua, Golatta, Holyfield, morrison, Ruddock, Tyson, Grant, etc...who has Vad fought on that level? Chambers? lol

Fury is a risky fight, Wilder would be like when Lewis fought Grant...it seems risly but it is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Fury is a risky fight, Wilder would be like when Lewis fought Grant...it seems risly but it is not.
                    Wilder has serious punching power, that in itself makes him a more dangerous proposition than Fury. Is Fury even a better boxer than Wilder, Wilder absolutely schooled Stiverne that guy is leagues above anyone Fury faced to date.

Comment

Wilder has serious punching power, that in itself makes him a more dangerous proposition than Fury. Is Fury even a better boxer than Wilder, Wilder absolutely schooled Stiverne that guy is leagues above anyone Fury faced to date.
                      Absolutely. Billeau's statement should have been flipped around. Fury has no way to win this fight. He doesn't have the power, nor the output volume, accuracy, speed, chin, nothing (on paper) favors Fury aside from age, but that is negated because he hasn't shown better stamina. Wilder has one, clear way to win. Doesn't mean he'll beat Wlad, but it does make him FAR more dangerous than Fury.

Again, the hyping of Fury is based on wishful thinking due to nationalism and hatred for the current champ. I don't really think anyone will be surprised when Tyson gets shut down by Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                      X