No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brian Viloria Still Has Estrada Rematch on His Mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    I still think he can win the rematch if he doesn't let Estrada dictate the range.
    I always thought the same till I saw him last night. Did you? Cause if you did Im surprised you're saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      I always thought the same till I saw him last night. Did you? Cause if you did Im surprised you're saying that.
      My bad, I didn't catch it.

Comment

You should. Its not a long fight anyway. Ended in the 5th or 6th. But by just watching the first 3 rounds you will see what I mean and what me and Aztekkas have been talking about.

Comment

I agree hes leaps and bounds ahead of Periban but like i I said, Periban is tough. It would be a good test for him. Dont hold the Love fight against Periban tho. That fight should had been stopped. Periban punched himself out and didnt get the well deserved stoppage.
          I guess I'm just upset Periban didn't turn out to be the monster I had anticipated him to be. I have been watching Gilberto since around 12 fights or so, of course not every single one but he has developed well. He is young, charismatic and humble. He is skilled and powerful and I think in terms of skill and perhaps even power he rivals JCC Jr. I hope he is pushed up a bit now that he acquired a strap though. Perhaps we will see JCC Jr vs GRS go down some day in the future. If anything I am glad Mexicans are finally making their debut at the higher weights. We are very competitive at 154 and below but at 160 and above we struggle to make an impact on an international level. Oh did you know GRS is co promoted or promoted by Canelo Promotions? LOL he also has another amazing.. and I mean very talented young man named Andres "Jaguarcito" Gutierrez. He is a super bantamweight and only 20 or so but has been pro since 15. He looks mature beyond his years, his only problem is no foot work but he can pressure and cut the ring off well. He is a beacon of hope for Mexican prospects.

It's on youtube, try watching it. I guarantee you'll enjoy it. It was very back and forth throughout and it ended early.

Comment

You should. Its not a long fight anyway. Ended in the 5th or 6th. But by just watching the first 3 rounds you will see what I mean and what me and Aztekkas have been talking about.
            Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            It's on youtube, try watching it. I guarantee you'll enjoy it. It was very back and forth throughout and it ended early.
            Finally watched it. I agree with y'all that Viloria didn't look good, he seems to always disappoint when he's the favorite and always surprise everybody when he's the underdog. Although the bodyshot was great, Zuniga made Viloria's job easier by deciding to stay in the pocket for a long period of time in the 5th instead of boxing from a distance like he did in the previous rounds.

Based on that performance Estrada would give him the same problems he gave him in the first fight, but it's good that Viloria is starting to focus more on body punching because he's normally a headhunter. More bodywork and better inside fighting would definitely help him in a rematch against Estrada.

Comment

Working...
            X