Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brian Viloria Still Has Estrada Rematch on His Mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need to start paying attention to the lower weights.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      I really need to start paying attention to the lower weights.
      Good Join us in our anticipation for the month of September. It will be ridiculous month for the Flyweight division. Put it this way, we will be seeing the elite actually fight the elite. I believe 3/4 or 4/4 of the belts at Flyweight will be defended in September! Against Legitimate contenders whom rightfully earned their stripes and slots. For now you should watch a few fights to get updated with the fights.

Roman Gonzalez vs Juan Francisco Estrada

Juan Francisco Estrada vs Brian Viloria

Akira Yaegashi vs Odilon Zaleta

Giovani Segura vs Hernan Marquez

Those fights will give you an idea of what is to come

Juan Francisco Estrada will defend his belts against Giovani Segura
      and Akira Yaegashi will defend against Roman Gonzalez
      Also,

Amnat Ruenroeng vs Kazuto Ioka

McWilliams Arroyo vs Froilan Saludar

Yodmongkol Vor Saenghtep vs Koki Eto

Juan Carlos Reveco vs Felix Alvarado

Amnat Ruenroeng wll defend against McWilliams Arroyo
      and Juan Carlos Reveco might be defending against Yodmongkol Vor Saengthep

All these fights are quality so if you can and want to dive into our little world filled with epic brawls.. these are the fights that will catch you up with what is going down

Comment

Viloria did not look very good. With that said, I give Zuniga some credit as well. He might have a ****ty record but he isn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Viloria did not look very good. With that said, I give Zuniga some credit as well. He might have a ****ty record but he isn't too bad.
          Bro, is it me or fighters with crappy records at the lower weights are still competitive? I noticed some fighters with pretty bad records still manage to put up some tough,gritty performances against champions. Tomas Rojas is one of those fighters, hell look at Strawweight Champion Osaldo Novoa, he has 14 wins with 9 KO's and 4 losses…. yet he is champion and puts in work. That's what makes these weights so entertaining, you never know how good the journeymen really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            Bro, is it me or fighters with crappy records at the lower weights are still competitive? I noticed some fighters with pretty bad records still manage to put up some tough,gritty performances against champions. Tomas Rojas is one of those fighters, hell look at Strawweight Champion Osaldo Novoa, he has 14 wins with 9 KO's and 4 losses***8230;. yet he is champion and puts in work. That's what makes these weights so entertaining, you never know how good the journeymen really are.
            Im guessing its cause these guys are "nobodies" compared to the higher weights. And they're more hungry. Did you watch the fight? He gave a great effort. I was actually impressed in a way. If you know what I mean.

Comment

Good Join us in our anticipation for the month of September. It will be ridiculous month for the Flyweight division. Put it this way, we will be seeing the elite actually fight the elite. I believe 3/4 or 4/4 of the belts at Flyweight will be defended in September! Against Legitimate contenders whom rightfully earned their stripes and slots. For now you should watch a few fights to get updated with the fights.

Roman Gonzalez vs Juan Francisco Estrada

Juan Francisco Estrada vs Brian Viloria

Akira Yaegashi vs Odilon Zaleta

Giovani Segura vs Hernan Marquez

Those fights will give you an idea of what is to come

Juan Francisco Estrada will defend his belts against Giovani Segura
              and Akira Yaegashi will defend against Roman Gonzalez
              Also,

Amnat Ruenroeng vs Kazuto Ioka

McWilliams Arroyo vs Froilan Saludar

Yodmongkol Vor Saenghtep vs Koki Eto

Juan Carlos Reveco vs Felix Alvarado

Amnat Ruenroeng wll defend against McWilliams Arroyo
              and Juan Carlos Reveco might be defending against Yodmongkol Vor Saengthep

All these fights are quality so if you can and want to dive into our little world filled with epic brawls.. these are the fights that will catch you up with what is going down
              Nice list. I can't wait for these fights. The flyweight division is the standard for how a division should be. The best guys are facing each other and they're not afraid to travel to the other side of the Earth to get a title shot.

The lower weights don't get enough respect. I was looking on boxrec and they have Molina/Bundrage as a five star fight. But the Yaegashi/Gonzalez and Estrada/Segura fights are only four star fights. Someone is clueless over there.

Comment

Im guessing its cause these guys are "nobodies" compared to the higher weights. And they're more hungry. Did you watch the fight? He gave a great effort. I was actually impressed in a way. If you know what I mean.
                No I didn't but I'll catch it later. Was kinda busy last night (I'm currently in the Philippines so the fight happened during my night lol). but yeah fighters are starving around those weights lol. Once I do I'll keep in mind your comment .

Comment

No I didn't but I'll catch it later. Was kinda busy last night (I'm currently in the Philippines so the fight happened during my night lol). but yeah fighters are starving around those weights lol. Once I do I'll keep in mind your comment .
                  Yea man. I wanna know your opinion on both guys, Viloria and Zuniga. I wanna see if it's just me (again) or if someone shares the same feeling.

Comment

Yea man. I wanna know your opinion on both guys, Viloria and Zuniga. I wanna see if it's just me (again) or if someone shares the same feeling.
                    Zuniga had the best intro by far lmao The XX - Intro track is simply amazing, it actually gave me goosebumps. Perhaps it's because it was used as the background to Marquez training on the Tim Bradley vs JMM 24/7 training sequence that makes it so epic for me.

Interesting. First round was quite close but I noticed Viloria started off slower than usual. Zuniga has a decent enough jab to keep Viloria at bay and worked the body quite well. Close round that could have gone either way with Viloria being able to slip in some potent counters.

2nd round was damn near all Zuniga except for the mild flurry Viloria shot off during the last minute. However, Zuniga was able to respond quite well by attacking the body. 3rd round is a slight shift in Viloria. He seems to begin pressing the action a tad bit more and less reliant in his countering to set up his offence. However, Zuniga has surprising movement for a "journeyman" and is able to dart in, land and evade. Viloria looks decent but far from what he has shown before. When he does land a counter left he seems to stun Zuniga back, his right hand also looks impressive but it's far in between. Zuniga won the exchanges on the inside during the last minute. Zuniga is doing great lol.

In round 4 Zuniga switched to Southpaw and although he didn't look as impressive as he did in his orthodox stance, he clearly won the first minute of the 4th. WTF is wrong with Viloria?? So inactive and worn down… I know he slows during the mid rounds but we have yet to reach them . Wait...Viloria completely takes over after those consecutive right hands. He dominates the remainder of the round.

the 5th round was close and they were fighting in the booth. Nice exchanges where both men land some good shots but Viloria has clearly more power. GOD damn that left hand was the perfect body shot. It's over… Viloria had a very close fight against Zuniga.

Zuniga looked stupendous but needs to stick to his orthodox stance. Viloria needs to up his output and activity like he did before. He seemed too sluggish at times and wasn't as crisp as he used to be. Zuniga gave him too much trouble for comfort, however he did land a marvellous knock out body punch.

Although Viloria didn't look too good, I think he was beginning to take over with those hard rights and powerful left hands. Zuniga was outclassed in terms of power but not skill. Good fight.

Comment

3 division champ. 105,108,112

Comment

Working...
                      X