• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Can ya'll school girls get over the glove issue"

Somebody should tell Floyd and Ellerbe this^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
      This is the first time a fighter agreed to the choice of gloves in his contact, and then decided to renege in the last minute the day before the fight.
      This is the issue here. If it was in the contract, it wouldn't have been a problem. That stunt Floyd pulled before the last fight was BS, and any defense of it is almost an equal amount of BS.

If they have it agreed to beforehand for this fight, then I'm fine with that. I still think it's a ***** move, but I'm fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        hahahahahaha typical floyd fan,

Comment

Regardless....Both sound stupid....I get Maidana's position and Floyds....at the end of the day its not gonna help you or your opponent land punches.

If they use the same gloves their should be no complaints on either side.

Fans made this an issue or a big deal like gloves never came up before in previous fights.

Do gloves make a difference? Yea to a slight, marginal degree....especially if both are throwing lowblows, rabbit punches and other illegal shots

Unless one of their gloves are loaded, who ever wins will be the better fighter that day because of skills and intangibles, not the gloves.

Neither are wrong on their position IMO but the fans are overblowing it making it annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
            I'm happy floyd ain't my favorite fighter. I look up to the greats like sugar ray leonard, chavez, tyson. Now those were warriors. But remember "health comes first"
            lol the irony, dude i think you need to stop looking up to Ray cause he was the prototype of Floyd or Floyd is Ray Leonard 2.0, take it how you want it...

Comment

This is some funny funny $h!t. So the best fighter and pfp king in the world, the tbe won't let a fighter use the gloves he's used to using. Then his fans come and make excuses and one even went as far as to say the tbe should be allowed to use barbed wire in his own gloves. I don't see why tbe needs that much excuses to fight Marcus Maidana. Hell Devon Alexander bossed up on him for far far less and he ain't no tbe.

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
                This is the first time a fighter agreed to the choice of gloves in his contact, and then decided to renege in the last minute the day before the fight.
                Originally posted by Rafael Trujillo View Post
                Mayweather made a big deal out of it and had Maidana change his gloves at the last minute during their first fight.

And now he's once again making a big deal out of it. Fans are only reacting to what he's doing.
                Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Can Floyd the school girl get over what gloves Maidana wears?
                Basically, these. ^

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  This is some funny funny $h!t. So the best fighter and pfp king in the world, the tbe won't let a fighter use the gloves he's used to using. Then his fans come and make excuses and one even went as far as to say the tbe should be allowed to use barbed wire in his own gloves. I don't see why tbe needs that much excuses to fight Marcus Maidana. Hell Devon Alexander bossed up on him for far far less and he ain't no tbe.

Yup, Alexander wasn't worried about Maidana's horsehair gloves either.

Comment

Working...
                  X