Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua vs Dilian Whyte - Amateur bout (Joshua knockdown)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua vs Dilian Whyte - Amateur bout (Joshua knockdown)

So this is one of both men's first amateur bouts. I believe it was Joshua's 3rd and Whyte's 2nd.

Whyte had a little bit more experience in terms of his background and you can see he's been schooled a little more than Joshua at this stage.

Whyte has an exceptional long left jab, very powerful and precise - almost Liston esque. Obviously on a lower level. But check it out, and watch for the knockdown.

can you imagine the british reaction to this if it were wilder?

"eeeee's got a bum chun eee does!"

he got back up. i don't have time to watch the rest of the fight, but i assume that he finished it.

who cares?

he's a HW and in a tiny little ring. sh#t happens. let me plant a 225 lb left hook on that chin and let's see how your legs feel.

Comment

and LA U, bro, please don't compare these guys to sonny liston ever again

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

he got back up. i don't have time to watch the rest of the fight, but i assume that he finished it.

who cares?

he's a HW and in a tiny little ring. sh#t happens. let me plant a 225 lb left hook on that chin and let's see how your legs feel.
        He did finish on his feet and lost on points.

It was merely a video to show a fight between two up and comers. I think your head is getting a little to used to the NSB hate, that you can't appreciate a bit of info when you see it.

and LA U, bro, please don't compare these guys to sonny liston ever again
        Dilian Whyte's jab is of similar style to Liston's, in the sense that they have the same build and very long, precise, hard jab. As I said, obviously not on the same level - but the style of it are very similar. I suggest you have a look.

Comment

Nice find, entertaining scrap!
          I believe they fought twice in the amateurs, Whyte winning both. I wonder when Whytes suspension is up?

Comment

Why did Boxrec change White's name to "Dellian Whyte"? Anyway, he got banned from professional boxing for two years for testing positive for methylhexaneamine (MHA). The ban ends on 12th October this year. Could be an interesting future fight for Anthony Joshua once he's back.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Nice find, entertaining scrap!
              I believe they fought twice in the amateurs, Whyte winning both. I wonder when Whytes suspension is up?
              Did they fight twice? When I first heard of this fight, I thought Joshua was dropped three times.

Whyte's suspension should be up later this year, I'm really excited to see him return. Really good talent.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Did they fight twice? When I first heard of this fight, I thought Joshua was dropped three times.

Whyte's suspension should be up later this year, I'm really excited to see him return. Really good talent.

That is what I heard originally but some are saying twice, others once.

Came across this taken from Whytes Twitter so will assume it was just the once. Seems some bad blood between the two, hopefully it'll make for a big domestic clash down the line.

''@DillianWhyte: @anthonyfjoshua who are you to talk about me in boxing news calling me a cheat when u are a convicted drug dealer

@DillianWhyte: @anthonyfjoshua your just a big ***** I smashed your once and I will do it again mate watch your before it gets you in to problems

After Josh asked for his phone number:
                @DillianWhyte: @anthonyfjoshua blood y are you gassing and in the boxing news and calling me a cheat''

Comment

I remember when this fight happened. I wouldn't look too much into it. A lot of young boxers coming up in the amateur scene have had fights like these. It's all part of learning the trade as an amateur before going on to the pro scene.

Comment

who cares?

Lol yea, these limey bastards went on and beyond to find videos of Wilder too.

And that ring is beyond tiny, wtf is that? Sheesh.

Comment

Working...
                    X