No announcement yet.

Pacquiao on the c side of his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao on the c side of his career?

People were calling for his retirement and writing him off after Marquez touched his chin.. My question is with him not having a KO in 8 or 9 fights .. I'm not sure how much to be honest.. As well as not looking like he used to.. Is this choosing of algeri a sign that even arum and his team spot this as well or are there no fights to be made out of that stable ???

no its a sign of arum knows in-house fights make his company the most money and there is no-one else

its a joke

Comment

As long as he has the ability to capture an alphabet title (doesn't take much these days), and he's still a draw then I see the charade going on for at least a few more years. Honestly there's still a ton of potential fights out there that excite me involving Manny. I'd love to see Manny fight either Broner, or Maidana. I think they are both very intriguing fights. Also, would like to see him take on Alvarez at 154.

Comment

There is still a lot of good fights for pacquiao at this point of his career. Screw arum. Maidana broner khan alvarez mathysse. Age kills. Hes still a living legend. Respect

Comment

Originally posted by IboxSouthpaw View Post
          People were calling for his retirement and writing him off after Marquez touched his chin.. My question is with him not having a KO in 8 or 9 fights .. I'm not sure how much to be honest.. As well as not looking like he used to.. Is this choosing of algeri a sign that even arum and his team spot this as well or are there no fights to be made out of that stable ???
          u really asking this question???

Comment

this fight is in china.. arum's main concentrate is on china for this fight. he knows this fight will not do well in the US.

Comment

I think Arum knows that the numbers aren't going to be high for this one but there will be numbers. They just have to lower their expectations and they can come up successful with this regardless of lower numbers than Pac's prime days.
              It's like a patent on a product that Top Rank had has expired. Now all other companies can make it so they have to prepare for the loss. Their way of preparing can be less money on marketing the fight and just going on Pac's fan base purchasing the fight.

Comment

I wouldn't say he's on the C-side of his career, in his last 4 fights he has faced 2 p4p entrants, who is currently regarded as the 3rd best welter on the planet and Pacquiao beat him comfortably twice, the combined viewership of those two PPVs were around 1.6 million, that's about 800k each...which is damn impressive still. He got almost half a million PPV buys in the US for fighting a little known name on the other side of the planet.

The fourth Marquez bout brought in over a million buys too, add to that the fact that Manny still makes a minimum of 20 million dollars per fight..that's hardly the c side of any athletes career.

Comment

what is a c-side? anyways pac will be making around same money when fought rios and bradley....

I bet more people would be riding the match up if provo did not loose to algieri....

Comment

it's pretty incredible that not too long ago pac was put to sleep and since then he has beat rios and p4p#3 bradley to recapture the WBO title.

is there any other time in boxing history where a boxer was literally put to sleep unconscious and still managed to go on and beat a highly ranked top ten p4p fighter??

pacquiao a true legend ATG gentleman of the sport of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X