No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin, Team Say They Are Not Ducking Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    The insinuation that GGG wouldn't make more than E-Rod did vs. Ward is hard to stomach. I ask again, how much is GGG making vs. Geale?
    No one said that. You're missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Ward is not a PPV fighter. You don't need "insider information" to know this.

ward - golovkin is a ppv fight. it's either ppv, or it doesn't happen at all.

HBO cannot pay both guys several million for a world championship boxing broadcast.

for these guys to get an amount of money that will make them take the fight, it will take PPV revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        ward - golovkin is a ppv fight. it's either ppv, or it doesn't happen at all.

HBO cannot pay both guys several million for a world championship boxing broadcast.

for these guys to get an amount of money that will make them take the fight, it will take PPV revenue.
        It's not a PPV fight right now which is why it's not happening right now.

It does have to be a PPV fight, that's why they aren't making it yet.

Comment

HBO is making Pacquiao vs. Algeri. Are you telling me that fight is more PPV worthy than Ward vs. GGG?

Comment

No one said that. You're missing the point.
            No I understand quite clearly. Ward wants to give the most feared fighter in boxing a shot. GGG would make more vs. Ward than he has most likely made in his last 6 fights combined. More importantly he would give him a shot at the P4P mantle. A way for GGG to validate his hype. GGG says no. It is sad and unacceptable. He is not a throwback fighter. He is just another protected, money hungry diva. That's fine. Disappointing, but what can I do?

Comment

If Ward wants the fight so bad then they should meet at 164, and fight in a neutral venue like Vegas. Ward needs to take a chance if he wants the reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                HBO is making Pacquiao vs. Algeri. Are you telling me that fight is more PPV worthy than Ward vs. GGG?
                No one ever said it's more worthy but it's Pacquiao ffs. Neither Ward or Golovkin are even close to being that kind of name. And of course you got Arum who will make it PPV no matter who Manny is fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  The insinuation that GGG wouldn't make more than E-Rod did vs. Ward is hard to stomach. I ask again, how much is GGG making vs. Geale?
                  We'll find out next week.

Also if golovkin makes more and this was the same situation as e-rod on HBO, it cuts into wards money

Comment

if ward's promotor's idea of selling a fight wasn't to put a bumper sticker on his car, this fight could be built into a ppv.

goossen doesn't ahve that kind of muscle. he's done well in getting ward contracts with TV networks, but that's all he's really done.

as for golovkin's promotional team, they're doing well in turning golovkin into a star, and i don't think it's unreasonable to assume that he will one day be on PPV with the proper opponent.

american fans who arne't willing to pay $60-$70 for this fight are in no position to complain when it doesn't happen, and that's what's important for our discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Pacquaio is a PPV fighter. Neither Ward nor Golovkin are.

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      if ward's promotor's idea of selling a fight wasn't to put a bumper sticker on his car, this fight could be built into a ppv.

goossen doesn't ahve that kind of muscle. he's done well in getting ward contracts with TV networks, but that's all he's really done.

as for golovkin's promotional team, they're doing well in turning golovkin into a star, and i don't think it's unreasonable to assume that he will one day be on PPV with the proper opponent.

american fans who arne't willing to pay $60-$70 for this fight are in no position to complain when it doesn't happen, and that's what's important for our discussion.
                      I think Andre Ward being boring as *** and having no personality has more to do with the fact that he's not a PPV star. Ward is going to be B-side 4 life

Comment

Working...
                      X