Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or are most cuban boxers gate keepers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 50 Cuban-born boxers are fighting worldwide, that's about 5 times less the amount of Mexicans in the featherweight division alone. Five Cuban-born boxers are currently world champions. That's a pretty good success ratio.

"Cuban School sucks, doe!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Imagine if all of them were allowed to fight anywhere without having to defect.......we would see even more talent and they would make an even greater impact.
      Take Notes:

This is how all the young and up and coming Cuban fighters need to fight In the pocket..

PRPP

Comment

Seriously, you guys are being azzholes now. So Canelo gets the decision against Lara and a few other Cubans fighters lose and Cuban fighters are now trash?

Man, I don't want to be here the day Canelo loses, it's going to be a race war on Mexicans....jeeezus.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Seriously, you guys are being azzholes now. So Canelo gets the decision against Lara and a few other Cubans fighters lose and Cuban fighters are now trash?

Man, I don't want to be here the day Canelo loses, it's going to be a race war on Mexicans....jeeezus.
          "Everybody takes a beatin' sometime." -- Henry Hill, in "Goodfellas".

Us Cubans are taking heat right now. I'm cool with it...it comes with the territory. You play, you pay. But within reason. It's one thing to punish someone; it's another to grind them into the dust.

Every dog has his day. I'll remember those that went overboard on my day, "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger!" (Ezekial 25:17)

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            "Everybody takes a beatin' sometime." -- Henry Hill, in "Goodfellas".

Us Cubans are taking heat right now. I'm cool with it...it comes with the territory. You play, you pay. But within reason. It's one thing to punish someone; it's another to grind them into the dust.

Every dog has his day. I'll remember those that went overboard on my day, "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger!" (Ezekial 25:17)
            Honestly, I wish I was able to talk more **** about our last war with Lara and Canelo. But Lara fought such a good fight that I think he arguably won, or draw at best for Canelo due to conflict of styles. Lara disabled my ability to talk **** after the fight lol.

Comment

I dont know why Cuban fighters dont tweak their style just a little bit. All they need to do is be a little more offensive minded and they could get these decisions and avoid from being banned by HBO.

Comment

You know the answer. Didn't another Cuban boxer become world champion last thursday? The current pro boxers from Cuba are only those who have defected, the best Cuban boxers are arguably still amateurs. Not everyone is ready to leave his family behind.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  About 50 Cuban-born boxers are fighting worldwide, that's about 5 times less the amount of Mexicans in the featherweight division alone. Five Cuban-born boxers are currently world champions. That's a pretty good success ratio.

"Cuban School sucks, doe!" lol
                  This is right on the mark. Picture a state like Florida, or a small country like the dominican republic. How many champs from these areas?

Puerto Rico and Cuba have great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    Honestly, I wish I was able to talk more **** about our last war with Lara and Canelo. But Lara fought such a good fight that I think he arguably won, or draw at best for Canelo due to conflict of styles. Lara disabled my ability to talk **** after the fight lol.
                    Thanks for keepin' it 100, bro.

I'm willing to take it on the chin when my fighter loses, whether I think he rightfully won or not (which I do in this case). Like I said, it comes with the territory. But let's keep it within reason. Even if Canelo KOed Lara in the first, there's a limit to the shit one can talk. It's not like you get free license to talk trash for all eternity. You've got dudes here that still brag about Sanchez-Gomez FFS. lol As it is, Canelo-Lara was a close fight with a very debatable decision. The clock is quickly running out on bragging rights.
                    Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 07-17-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

you are not too familiar with what a success ratio is now do you?

Comment

Working...
                      X