No announcement yet.

Thank you boxing for saving me $110 dollars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    It was a general comment - and the truth.

People were matching Floyd up with numerous opponents, no one was asking for the Maidana rematch. There was no hype for it, no buzz, that's why he's acting the fool on this press tour. Scroll back a few pages on NSB and see for yourself.

Floyd won, 82% thought he won. There was no need for a rematch, it's a fight they're pushing on the public, not a fight that was demanded by the public.

Same goes for Pacquiao-Algieri, no one wants it and there was no demand for it.
    The rematch isn't happening because more people thought he won, the rematch it happening because it was one of Floyd's most exciting fights in years, and it was a tough opponent who made Floyd earn his W.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
      Yup SD. What you think I need to spend an extra $30 while I'm **** faced drunk and can hardly see anyways when I get them in HD a week later on Sho/HBO?

Don't be foolish grasshopper
      Picture looks so crappy with SD on a hdtv screen. But I ain't gonna lie, when I see my bill I second guess myself about that...

This Pac fight should be aired on HBO, no reason should it cost $60...

Comment

Great. Yet another Floyd obsessor doing yet another remake of "I Hate You So Much Right Now."

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          The rematch isn't happening because more people thought he won, the rematch it happening because it was one of Floyd's most exciting fights in years, and it was a tough opponent who made Floyd earn his W.
          No, it's happening because it's the lowest-risk, highest reward b/s fight they can push on the public.

As I said, there was no demand. The first fight didn't crack 875k buys and now they're heavily promoting the second fight in a gamble which probably won't pay off.

Pacquiao-Algieri is the same, Arum is talking about selling his "story". They know the fight sucks, if it didn't they wouldn't be running to Macau to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Madonna can't even hurt Floyd

He will be wearing pillows again

It's only exciting to people who are naive and turned on by watching the same movies over and over again

People want to see him in there with a boxer who can match him or atleast try

Not some wind miller who doesn't stand a snow balls chance in hell of beating him for the second time!

And as for the Pscquiao fight, what complete and utter trash. Might as well called in Rod Salka for the fight

Comment

I hear you man, if I didnt have people pitching in on the fights I wouldent pay for them myself especially since this year been alot more PPV then my bank roll is accustomed to lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Great. Yet another Floyd obsessor doing yet another remake of "I Hate You So Much Right Now."
                What type of drugs did your parents leave laying around? I'm glad that nonsense makes sense in your bubble

Comment

Thread starter has a point. No one asked for either of these matches.

Comment

This will be the first time in five years I won't be ordering both Pac and TRC fights by choice

Comment

The thing with pinoy Pac fans is that we never worry about the PPV cost because whenever Pac fights it's always a potluck and everyone pitches in - food, booz, and ppv.

Comment

Working...
                      X