Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    Well because this is boxing.

and in boxing, Height and range make a significant and tremendous difference if you know how to use them effectively.

If Algieri keeps pac at the end of his jab it's going to be a long and hard night for Pacquiao.
    you and others on NSB think Manny will easily beat Floyd. Floyd has a height and reach advantage, shown an ability to beat world class fighters and is universally regarded as one of the best boxers ever and one of the 2 or 3 best defensive boxers ever.

That guy, with the speed advantage, Olympic pedigree and over 24 world championship fights, wouldn't be difficult but an ex kick boxer with 20 pro fights will be because he is tall and rangy. Other than the last 11 rds of the Provo fight, many of us haven't seen him use these skills.

Respectfully, righteous, that doesn't make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      you and others on NSB think Manny will easily beat Floyd. Floyd has a height and reach advantage, shown an ability to beat world class fighters and is universally regarded as one of the best boxers ever and one of the 2 or 3 best defensive boxers ever.

That guy, with the speed advantage, Olympic pedigree and over 24 world championship fights, wouldn't be difficult but an ex kick boxer with 20 pro fights will be because he is tall and rangy. Other than the last 11 rds of the Provo fight, many of us haven't seen him use these skills.

Respectfully, righteous, that doesn't make sense.
      What doesn't make sense? The only thing I said was that height and reach make a tremendous difference if used effectively.

Have you ever fought a taller fighter who knows how to use range effectively? It's a nightmare.

Boxing is not checkers, it's chess. Just because you have advantages doesn't mean they're insurmountable.

Comment

What doesn't make sense? The only thing I said was that height and reach make a tremendous difference if used effectively.

Boxing is not checkers, it's chess. Just because you have advantages doesn't mean they're insurmountable.
        My point is-when have you seen Algieiri use these effectively such that he becomes difficult for a Manny, even at this point in his career?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          My point is-when have you seen Algieiri use these effectively such that he becomes difficult for a Manny, even at this point in his career?
          My point is a taller fighter will always have a major advantage over a shorter fighter.

he used his jab pretty effectively against Provodnikov- who everyone thought would steamroll him. The onyl weakness algieri has is technique and inexperience- all of which can be corrected.

If we're talking about tools, he has all the tools to upset pacquiao.

Comment

• Anyone have the full Pacquiao workout video?

Comment

My point is a taller fighter will always have a major advantage over a shorter fighter.

he used his jab pretty effectively against Provodnikov- who everyone thought would steamroll him. The onyl weakness algieri has is technique and inexperience- all of which can be corrected.

If we're talking about tools, he has all the tools to upset pacquiao.
              NO, a fighter who can apply those skills effectively has an advantage. Its like ALgieiri is Hearns or Pwill simply because he is tall. Hell, Pwill was tall and had reach but didn't fight like that for much of his career.

Ruslan is not as skilled, experienced, or as tested as Manny is. I think we can agree on that. Ruslan was also able to land. If he can, I think its safe to say Manny can

Look, in the end you'll just say its because I hate manny so I'll just prepare for that now. It just doesn't make sense to read posts that suggest this guy will be tough but far more experienced fighters would be easier to defeat.

Comment

• Comment

• Keith Trimble's prediction for his fighter this weekend

http://instagram.com/p/vlzhGGK-zG/?modal=true

Comment

• Has this been posted already? Manny is a fool for this one. Freakin hilarious

Comment

• I can't wait to see Pacquiao back in action.

Comment

Working...
                      X