Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Manny has slipped that much then he will lose. To many things going on in his life. Boxing is second fiddle now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
      If Algieri wins I wonder if he will get any credit on here. He seems to have gotten zero credit for beating Provodnikov.
      77% are picking him to lose, so he should be getting credit for pulling it off. The toughness and composure he showed against Ruslan will serve him well against Pac. He's unproven at this level, but it doesn't mean he isn't capable. Trout was unproven before he beat Cotto, so the win isn't out of Algeri's grasp.

Comment

• Arum included rematch clause in Pacquiao' contract for Algieri fight.

Yes, there is - said Arum in speaking about a rematch clause. - I put a rematch clause that if Algieri wins I could force a rematch. That's if Manny is willing to do it. But with the Algieri fight, Algieri is not under our promotions and I wanted to put it in to be safe for Manny. You never know boxing', Arum said.

I'll take Chris Algieri by Decision.

Comment

• Is there a face off for this

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            Yea, I think the Bradley I and Marquez fights were 147 and close to... but these last two he's been lighter
            the only times he's been at 147 he got an L in the record books

i think him and roach realise the omen and since then have come in at 145-144
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 10-23-2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Oh yeah... no face off huh?

Comment

• Face off would be boring

There's no animosity or storyline behind this fight

Comment

• Chris Algieri sparring in 2012...He's in the White Gloves and White headgear

If Pac wasn't an unpredictable Southpaw, I think Algieri would time him and outbox him....But since Pac is a Southpaw with very odd angles I'm not so sure....

Last edited by animalfan10; 10-24-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Pretty cool piece on Algieri.

Comment

• This is the fight that determines if Pacquiao will get his shot with Mayweather. This is Pac's last fight with Top Rank and makes him a free agent of sorts for any fight out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X