Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Yea, it's at 144
    I swear I saw a thread that said Manny is fighting at 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Yea, it's at 144
      Wow I didn't know that.

I wonder how he'll feel at 144.

I know he was 144 a few fights ago (I think) but he's been **** on 147 recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        I swear I saw a thread that said Manny is fighting at 140.
        That's the plan, they wanna test the water out first and would rather not just jump back down to 140 right away so that's why this fight is At 144.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Wow I didn't know that.

I know he was 144 a few fights ago (I think) but he's been **** on 147 recently.
          he weighed in at 145 for both rios, and bradley fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
            That's the plan, they wanna test the water out first and would rather not just jump back down to 140 right away so that's why this fight is At 144.
            Got it. .....

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather would've never gotten away with fighting a guy like Algieri, the fans and the critics would've critisized him till death, they even criticized his fight with Maidana although Maidana was coming off the biggest win of his career against Broner and he was the WBA champion at Welterweight.
              If u control the media and manage to make the people hear the same thing over and over again, people will start believing it, this is how Bob Arum works, nobody from the people who critisized Mayweather vs Maidana said anything about Pacquiao vs Algieri, although anybody who knows jack **** about boxing knows that the Maidana fight is much tougher and even fight. Maidana was under the spot light before and he fought big names before, he wasn't star struck by the event and by Floyd plus his style and intensity gave Mayweather trouble. Who the hell is Chris Algieri?! The biggest accomplishment of his career is beating a C level slugger with no skills in Provodnikov, who's style is tailor made for Algieri. The media (which is bought by Arum and his ***ish fellows) keeps on saying that the Algieri fight should be a tough fight and people started believing it till almost everyone believed it. Old school tactics by Arum he's been using since the 80s and people still buy it! I expect Algieri to be star struck and to be extremely gun shy and to get overwhelmed by Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
                Floyd Mayweather would've never gotten away with fighting a guy like Algieri, the fans and the critics would've critisized him till death, they even criticized his fight with Maidana although Maidana was coming off the biggest win of his career against Broner and he was the WBA champion at Welterweight.
                If u control the media and manage to make the people hear the same thing over and over again, people will start believing it, this is how Bob Arum works, nobody from the people who critisized Mayweather vs Maidana said anything about Pacquiao vs Algieri, although anybody who knows jack **** about boxing knows that the Maidana fight is much tougher and even fight. Maidana was under the spot light before and he fought big names before, he wasn't star struck by the event and by Floyd plus his style and intensity gave Mayweather trouble. Who the hell is Chris Algieri?! The biggest accomplishment of his career is beating a C level slugger with no skills in Provodnikov, who's style is tailor made for Algieri. The media (which is bought by Arum and his ***ish fellows) keeps on saying that the Algieri fight should be a tough fight and people started believing it till almost everyone believed it. Old school tactics by Arum he's been using since the 80s and people still buy it! I expect Algieri to be star struck and to be extremely gun shy and to get overwhelmed by Pacquiao.
                I have to agree lol

If Floyd fought Algieri he would be laughed out of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
                  Floyd Mayweather would've never gotten away with fighting a guy like Algieri, the fans and the critics would've critisized him till death, they even criticized his fight with Maidana although Maidana was coming off the biggest win of his career against Broner and he was the WBA champion at Welterweight.
                  what are you talking about....Floyd fights b & c class fighter all the time!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Wow I didn't know that.

Yea, I think the Bradley I and Marquez fights were 147 and close to... but these last two he's been lighter

Comment

• If Algieri wins I wonder if he will get any credit on here. He seems to have gotten zero credit for beating Provodnikov.

Comment

Working...
                      X