No announcement yet.

I dont see what Canelo brings that can beat Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
    Cotto right now would get his **** pushed in by Canelo what can he really do ? Bang with him ? That wont end well for him, and he doesnt box well enough on his backfoot to win most rounds like Lara did. What would the winning gameplan be ?
    Similar to Lara's, but more subtle movement and more punches being thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
      Several months ago I would have picked Canelo easy, but if the Martinez fight is any indication (minus Martinez's obvious knee injury), then Cotto takes Canelo. He's fighting with a certain toughness and killer instinct that I haven't seen in years. This new Cotto seems to come out to destroy with a varied attack, excellent foot and head movement, and smart pressure. Canelo is still the real deal, but I think Cotto beats him with experience. Canelo's body attack and uppercut are the biggest factors to his game. His footwork needs work and he can be hit repeatedly by a good jab, which Cotto has one of the best of. Cotto via decision.

good points and i did see that new killer instinct from cotto. may the best man win.

Comment

Originally posted by Queef Genius View Post
        I don't see how anyone could imagine Cotto wining.

Honestly. Cotto is the perfect opponent for Canelo. Canelo is highly underrated. No one who isn't fleet footed will beat him. Mark my words.

I hope Cotto is the favorite in the sports books, so I can make bank.
        I can't freaking believe you guys still think ginger is all that after seeing him at the top level, fraud, trout and lara, the kid is a hyped job...

Comment

I can see why you would think that after last weekends fight. But what I think he brings for this fight is preparation.

He's had issues with his offense - he goes out and shows he can turn things up against Angulo.

Had an issue with stamina - proceeds to chase and take damage from Lara for 12 full rounds and conditioning is not a point of discussion after the fight.

He's had an issue with his footwork - handlers put him in there with 3 very difficult fighters (Trout, Floyd, Lara) in the past year.

Cotto will be faster than Canelo...but Canelo has now been exposed to just as fast or faster...Cotto is ferocious again, but it looks like Canelo could be fighting the equally rabid Kirkland in the winter. a southpaw who is going to be winging that left hand like Cotto is going to be targeting his left hook. canelo is going to be well prepared for the Cotto fight.
          Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 07-15-2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
            If it were happen, Canelo should be favorite. Cotto hasen't proven anything in his last couple of fights to be favorite.
            and canelo has?

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              I can see why you would think that after last weekends fight. But what I think he brings for this fight is preparation.

He's had issues with his offense - he goes out and shows he can turn things up against Angulo.

Had an issue with stamina - proceeds to chase and take damage from Lara for 12 full rounds and conditioning is not a point of discussion after the fight.

He's had an issue with his footwork - handlers put him in there with 3 very difficult fighters (Trout, Floyd, Lara) in the past year.

Cotto will be faster than Canelo...but Canelo has now been exposed to just as fast or faster...Cotto is ferocious again, but it looks like Canelo could be fighting the equally rabid Kirkland in the winter. a southpaw who is going to be winging that left hand like Cotto is going to be targeting his left hook. canelo is going to be well prepared for the Cotto fight.

green k sent......

Comment

When did Cotto transform into this unbeatable force?

Alvarez brings plenty to the table to disrupt Cotto. Alvarez fights nothing like Martinez nor does Cotto fight in a similar fashion as Lara. Both guys would get hit plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                  and canelo has?
                  canelo proved more with angulo and lara then cotto did with bum rodriguez and crippled maravilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                    When did Cotto transform into this unbeatable force?

Alvarez brings plenty to the table to disrupt Cotto. Alvarez fights nothing like Martinez nor does Cotto fight in a similar fashion as Lara. Both guys would get hit plenty.
                    ever since he took out No-Knees hes been some kind of god I guess

Comment

Incredible how overvalued Cotto has become off the hollow Martinez win. Cotto is easy to lay hands on and he won't be able to withstand Canelo's combinations and, more specifically, body punches. A prime Cotto withered under Marg's assault, he even struggled with a blind Marg, a nearly retired Cotto isn't going to be able to hang with a guy like Canelo that has both stamina and strength. At this point in his career, he just doesn't have the ability to withstand a guy that can bring that much relentless pressure. Easy money for Alvarez.

Comment

Working...
                      X