Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Maidana vs Khan...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a great fight.. Khan won it fair and square..

People need to stop bringing this fight up, so many things have changed since then that it truely has no bearing on the current state of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      That was a great fight.. Khan won it fair and square..

People need to stop bringing this fight up, so many things have changed since then that it truely has no bearing on the current state of boxing
      So you wouldn't watch a rematch? It would be as big as Cotto/Margarito II.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        So you wouldn't watch a rematch? It would be as big as Cotto/Margarito II.
        Of course I would love to see a rematch, but I'm sick of people using is fight as some barometer of how future fights for either guy will go.. This fight has no relevance to the present day version of either guy

Comment

Of course I would love to see a rematch, but I'm sick of people using is fight as some barometer of how future fights for either guy will go.. This fight has no relevance to the present day version of either guy
          tell that to amir's fans, they believe since khan beat maidana 4 years ago he should be fighting floyd and not chino

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            tell that to amir's fans, they believe since khan beat maidana 4 years ago he should be fighting floyd and not chino
            Juanma Lopez was beheading guys four years ago,, things change

Comment

Yea I agree with that, both fighters have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Well it was a good fight, and a fight Khan won, but Khan fans talk about this fight like he put a beating on Maidana.
                for 5 or 6 rounds he practically did, Maidana didn't win a minute but he had some success in the middle rounds and did well in the 9/10th round but it just wasn't enough to win.

Khan won, what do you want the fans to say exactly?

Comment

Gotta agree with Wraps, Maidana beats the breaks off Khan in a rematch. Maidana has improved under Garcia tremendously. Khan has been the same almost his entire career. His boxing skills have peaked and he hasn't made much improvement under Virgil. Maidana on the other hand has learned to control his aggression and apply effective pressure. He has a solid jab and sets up traps well. Khan still has his amateur style with speed.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                    Gotta agree with Wraps, Maidana beats the breaks off Khan in a rematch. Maidana has improved under Garcia tremendously. Khan has been the same almost his entire career. His boxing skills have peaked and he hasn't made much improvement under Virgil. Maidana on the other hand has learned to control his aggression and apply effective pressure. He has a solid jab and sets up traps well. Khan still has his amateur style with speed.
                    The samething was said before their first fight, people even made sigs of Khan landing 250 odd punches and Maidana landing only 1 punch which result in a KO win for Maidana, talk is cheap and what happens in the ring is what matters most. and as of now that same china chin Khan still has a W over the banger.

Comment

why are you saying he got beat from pillar to post, but agree that he won? That doesn't make sense.

Up until round 8, Khan had done a job on Maidana. He made him look like a sloth in there. Maidana knocked on the door late in the fight, and almost had Khan out of there, but Khan fought back and won one of the last rounds.

It was fight of the year for a reason, it was action packed.

One of the best fights I've seen in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                      X